Xavi Simons

BBZ8800

My point is, according to BBZ, Zlatan has the right to be cocky, while Neymar does not, which is weird, considering the latter has arguably achieved more in the game.

If its okay for Zlatan to be cocky, its okay for Neymar too.

I am not talking about the right to be cocky due to achievements.
Some people are naturally more cocky, confident, leaders and similar.
Of course, it can expand even more if you are successul, but even without success you either have it or not.

For example, I remember watching one movie where Cruijff said that he bought Stoichkov because he was crazy and hot blooded and they needed that type of a spark in a team.
My point: in general, you can't have a team of 11 Iniestas or Pedris.

About Stoichkov, for younger fans, you can see that he is not "normal" from his body language, type of goals scored, but also from his passionate goal celebrations, facial expressions and look in the eye.

About Zlatan vs Neymar, imo, Zlatan is a real deal in terms of being a leader, being cocky and similar.
While Neymar is more talented but he is a fake ass cocky and like a dog who only barks but doesn't bite.
Even if you look fights with other players, Zlatan usually kicks people and others are afraid to look at him or to kick him back.
While with Neymar, everyone is punching him and more or less no one is afraid of him:

About Simons, I am not sure whether his footballing skills are good enough.
But he does possess some different type of magic than our usual Barca DNA midfielders and he is surely more cocky.

About our other midfielders:
Frenkie is afraid to shoot and take risks.
Pedri is afraid to shoot.
Gavi is a fighter but scared in the attacking third.
Nico is brave in dribbles lately but we need to see how skillful he is.

serghei

I don't give a shit if a player is cocky or not. What matters is that he is good enough to do what he has to do on the field. Neymar was very confident for Barca and totally not a schoolboy or anything of the sort.

At PSG he turned to shit, but it was expected. That's what happens when you chase money and go from the world's best league at the time, to the 5th best.

And about Zlatan vs Neymar, this is football not K1. Zlatan has the advantage of being a bigger more scary dude, with his kung-fu shit. But that didn't help him achieve the things Neymar did.

Being a leader and having a big personality can be a positive thing. But Zlatan is not a good example. If you want to give good examples, pick players like Cristiano, Eto'o, Dani Alves, Ramos, Lewandowski etc. For Zlatan, the punkish macho-manness he displayed was a constant problem in his career. That's why he was at his best in a big fish in a little pond set-up.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Honestly, what has Neymar achieved over Zlatan except for winning a CL? Comparing his NT career to Zlatan is also unfair because Brazil vs Sweden.

serghei

Honestly, what has Neymar achieved over Zlatan except for winning a CL? Comparing his NT career to Zlatan is also unfair because Brazil vs Sweden.

Winning a CL in which you are a difference-maker is a big deal. Zlatan barely made a semifinal appearance in all his career. Let alone score multiple goals in the semifinals, and including the final.

khaled_a_d

Winning a CL in which you are a difference-maker is a big deal. Zlatan barely made a semifinal appearance in all his career. Let alone score multiple goals in the semifinals, and including the final.

I mean Neymar won it as sidekick of the greatest player of all time in a season that is in the argument of being Messi's greatest.
Ibra had one year only in his career for a chance like that while Neymar had 4,Ibra league record is also exceptional tbh
Judging players by cup record is unfair tbh, the likes or Ronaldo and Buffon failed to do so either

BBZ8800

Serghei, as Horatio and Khaled replied: Neymar didn't have a better career.

Neymar had 3 attempts with Msn and 4 attempts with Messi at Barca, and now the 5th at Psg.

Zlatan had only one true chance at a big club.

In his prime, he played for Juve, Inter, Milan, who were all meh in those years.

In fact, in league competitions, Zlatan is a GOAT.
12 league titles in a row from 2004 to 2015 with Ajax 1, Juve 2, Inter 3, Barca 1, Milan 1, Psg 3.

Imagine winning titles with 6 different clubs, in 4 countries.
Or with 3 different Italian clubs.

Neymar, on the other hand, managed to lose 2 out 4 titles with Barca and even losing a title with Psg.
Except 12 magical months in 2015, remainder of Neymar's career was below Zlatan's career.

KingLeo10

Serghei, as Horatio and Khaled replied: Neymar didn't have a better career.

Neymar had 3 attempts with Msn and 4 attempts with Messi at Barca, and now the 5th at Psg.

Zlatan had only one true chance at a big club.

In his prime, he played for Juve, Inter, Milan, who were all meh in those years.

In fact, in league competitions, Zlatan is a GOAT.
12 league titles in a row from 2004 to 2015 with Ajax 1, Juve 2, Inter 3, Barca 1, Milan 1, Psg 3.

Imagine winning titles with 6 different clubs, in 4 countries.
Or with 3 different Italian clubs.

Neymar, on the other hand, managed to lose 2 out 4 titles with Barca and even losing a title with Psg.
Except 12 magical months in 2015, remainder of Neymar's career was below Zlatan's career.

All those league titles also show that Ibra wasn't playing for some cannon fodder clubs (outside of Ajax).

At which point, Ibra has to share some of the blame (not all) for those league winning sides not coming anywhere close to the CL trophy. AFAIK, he only reached the semis a couple of times in 15 years?

In the list of greatest players of all time, I doubt Ibra comes above Neymar. Both would be in the top 25-50 range, though.

Morten

I mean Neymar won it as sidekick of the greatest player of all time in a season that is in the argument of being Messi's greatest.
Ibra had one year only in his career for a chance like that while Neymar had 4,Ibra league record is also exceptional tbh
Judging players by cup record is unfair tbh, the likes or Ronaldo and Buffon failed to do so either

Its not just about winning, its also just about not really showing up....much.

How many memorable performances in CL-knockouts does Zlatan have? Not many.

Great league player, but simply an underachiever in Europe, Brazilian Ronaldo also underachieved in CL.

serghei

Yea, because Ibra was a head-case and a problem-maker in very competitive environments where he wasn't the top dog and everyone bowed to him. That's what I'm talking about, Ibra's ego diminished his achievements, rather than improved them.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Great league player, but simply an underachiever in Europe, Brazilian Ronaldo also underachieved in CL.

True but he did have some memorable performances for Sweden.

Horatio

You're welcome

How many memorable moments does Neymar have with PSG?

Serious question.

Home of Barca Fans