Xavi Simons

Blanco

Watched him live tonight and I am impressed. Very good movement to recieve the ball in dangerous positions, perfect technique and high football IQ. He is gonna be one of the best midfielders of the next gen.

BJJ

Unlike alot of our ex Masia products he has developed well and improved alot. I'm not sure how he would go in a big club but he needs to be important for the team. PSV and Leipzig have allowed him to do that.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The worse thing is is that Barca are crying out for a player like him. An advanced midfielder who actually effects the game with goals and assists. Not had that since God knows when.

Not even Iniesta got as many G/A as Simons. He would take a lot of pressure away from the front three and would help enormously to break down parked buses with his long range shots and runs in to the box.

Total-Football

He improved because he left this rotten complacent culture of the club .. I'm almost certain players like pedri and gavi are suffering because of our senior team. Dejong also plays exactly like he was when he came.. so the situation is this.. most players regress, most of all youngsters.. the most ambitious ones just stagnate here.

Porque

I was going to post that Simons never develops like this had he stayed here.

But then I'm reminded that Pedri and especially Gavi got tons of minutes in that psuedo advanced 4th midfielder role that would suit Simons to a tee.

The only issue here is the guy in management who put a block on Xavi Simons because his agent and father, evidently rightly so, wanted the same contract and career trajectory as Ilaix was receiving.

serghei

The club is antiquated mostly because of the financing model. The nasty politics have always been the biggest issue. Not the style, which has beeen imported by City using Barca legends in key positions.

Barca always found a way to elect the wrong people as their leaders, who made it their mission to ruin the legacy of greater men.

Last edited:

Porque

The club is antiquated mostly because of the financing model. The nasty politics have always been the biggest issue. Not the style, which has beeen imported by City using Barca legends in key positions.

Barca always found a way to elect the wrong people as their leaders, who made it their mission to ruin the legacy of greater men.

I believed the club dialogue on this one previously. Evidently we got it wrong, but more often than not we haven't.

It is what it is.

Our only issue right now is that financially, we can't nourish our excellent youth talents with prime aged players.

serghei

Our only issue right now is that financially, we can't nourish our excellent youth talents with prime aged players.

It all comes down to the president being the big boss. He is the big boss only financially.

What is Bartomeu's great succcess in business administration? Is he a billionaire, is he somebody that is used to leading a multi-billion euros business?

Last edited:

Porque

Because the socios elected a moron as president. Bartomeu can't even lead his supermarket trolley.

It all comes down to the president being the big boss. He is the big boss only financially. But at Barcelona his biggest role is meddling at footballing matters he knows little of.

What is Bartomeu's great succcess in business administration? Is he a billionaire, is he somebody that is used to lead a multi-billion euros business?

Precisely the second quote. The President must hold firm in the socio's noise, and never break the financial wage structure.

Anyways, this is all water under the bridge now. Laporta has made forward steps in alot of areas atleast.

serghei

Precisely the second quote. The President must hold firm in the socio's noise, and never break the financial wage structure.

Anyways, this is all water under the bridge now. Laporta has made forward steps in alot of areas atleast.

Laporta made steps forward, but as we can see, one idiot president can fuck up the club for more than a decade.

Our elite status is ruined for nearly a decade sadly.

Home of Barca Fans