Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Two up top would have been madness :lol:

There was really nothing to be done. Every option sucked. A DM + physical midfielder could have (maybe) shielded the result... two players we simply didn't have.

Also the reason we should sell Frenkie. He's redundant.

True. If you look at it from a rational perspective, the team barely could absorb pressure in 11 vs 11. It was looking like hard work to keep their attack at bay even in full effective.

So, 2 goals conceded would have been almost certain even in 11 players, but also I think the team could've scored at least another goal the counter as well.

Porque

PSG were weak every time we went forward.

We didn't need midfielders to defend the lead because PSG were slow at circulating the ball. This was no Man City. If we aimed to keep possession in their half like the first game then we could have scored 2 or 3.

The issue was mostly tactical, and possibly because Pedri and FdJ as a pair didn't have the required fitness. A fully fit Frenkie will usually move back to sweeper to receive balls, which would have taken the pressure off of Araujo. He never done this.

mc_lovin

Anyways, there are two kinds of trophyless seasons... the ones in vain and the ones actually leading to something. I strongly believe we build the fundament for our next winning team this year.

serghei

PSG were weak every time we went forward.

We didn't need midfielders to defend the lead because PSG were slow at circulating the ball. This was no Man City. If we aimed to keep possession in their half like the first game then we could have scored 2 or 3.

The issue was mostly tactical, and possibly because Pedri and FdJ as a pair didn't have the required fitness. A fully fit Frenkie will usually move back to sweeper to receive balls, which would have taken the pressure off of Araujo. He never done this.

PSG were not slow at all in the 2nd leg. Very good and intense physically from the start.

Pedri is almost never in fitness so to speak. De Jong maybe he could have impacted the game in full fitness. A DM was needed above anything else imo.

There was no tactical issue for either manager in the match. It is very rare at this level for another manager to tactically outsmart the other guy in a meaningful way. The matches are decided in a different register.

The same thing happened in the other ties also. All depended on fine margins.

Last edited:

jamrock

There was no bad or good call after the red card, each has its pros and cons, you can understand why he did what he did.

In the end, they needed a PK to get the winning goal, I'm not even counting the last goal because at that point we were just going for it.

And with 10 men they were always gonna create clear chances, they would have with 11.

This game was shaping up to be a nice draw or win in our favor.

mc_lovin

There was no bad or good call after the red card, each has its pros and cons, you can understand why he did what he did.

In the end, they needed a PK to get the winning goal, I'm not even counting the last goal because at that point we were just going for it.

And with 10 men they were always gonna create clear chances, they would have with 11.

This game was shaping up to be a nice draw or win in our favor.
I firmly believe they would have gotten the goals even without the penalty... we got dismantled on the wings. They played it professionally.

jamrock

I firmly believe they would have gotten the goals even without the penalty... we got dismantled on the wings. They played it professionally.
Yea I agree, I'm just speaking as a matter of fact.

But they were definitely going through, minus a minor miracle, maybe if we held out until half time, we would have had slightly better chance, but not much.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Another sub i didnt understand was Joao felix!

Guy was unplayabale against Cadiz, by far the best man..

Why Xavi only used him in 82.minute ??? way too late, should have come earlier, before Torres

Co0ter

You have no clue mate. Absolutely none. There are some pros for taking Lewa out and keeping Lamal, but also plenty of cons. It's pretty fucking obvious.

Lewa has more experience by a huge difference, better at set pieces, better at hold up play, better finisher by far.

Lol, why am I even arguing against such absurd retarded claims?
Sometimes it amazes me how some people come to certain conclusions. It's as if they don't even watch the games. Lewa hasn't exhibited remotely any kind of good, extended form all season. He's been AWFUL at set pieces. Despite being tall, he's not strong at headers. Good at hold up?! This one made me legit laugh out loud. Do you actually watch the games? He's been HORRENDOUS at hold up. He loses the ball every single time he gets in under pressure or looks for a foul. He never holds it up in a useful, progressive way. Like I can't honestly believe you watched him this season and came to that as a conclusion.

It doesn't matter if he has experience, he's been doing fuck all. Yamal had been creating nearly everything, especially most of the crucial goals. The other teams know this. They weren't afraid of Lewa, at all. Not even enough respect to command double coverage.

serghei

Clueless as I said. Even in this very same tie he had a chance from a set piece cleared from the line by a PSG player. If you need a player to score a goal, Lewandowski and raphinha are our best options.

serghei

Played with 3 forwards, and he had to take out one of them. He chose Yamal because of a multitude of factors. Yamal was also the first one to be subbed in Paris out of the 3.

Just so typical of Barca fans to pop up after the game and fantasize about the great damage 17 year old Yamal would have done to PSG. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Players like Yamal have shown they have the natural ability to change a game on their own. Not saying I expect him to do it, he's still a kid after all and can be inconsistent, but he has the natural god-given ability for it. And he created that goal on his own that Raphinha hit with his shin.

I understand the decision in a vaccum, but still hated it. Especially since it allowed Nuno Mendes and Barcola to not give a fuck about having to defend whatsoever anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans