Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

freetocan

I think we should fire him now, and offer a caretaker role to Marquez. Then reevaluate at the end of the season.
Really agree. That’s the best path forward. This maroon has no clue of coaching. He wasted so much money bringing in mostly flop players and just with pur luck we somehow managed to win la liga last year.
Out with this clown.

freetocan

I think we should fire him now, and offer a caretaker role to Marquez. Then reevaluate at the end of the season.
Really agree. That’s the best path forward. This maroon has no clue of coaching. He wasted so much money bringing in mostly flop players and just with pur luck we somehow managed to win la liga last year.
Out with this clown.

freetocan

Out with this clown.

BJJ

Xavi wanted these players

Romeu-FLOP
Lewandoski-FLOP
Kessie-flop
Raphinia-FLOP
Ferran- FLOP
Garcia-FLOP

I am sure I missed someone but maybe someone else can chime in.

The other question is why do players become worse out here.
Is it the manager, the culture, the environment........???

JustZanetti4

Xavi wanted these players

Romeu-FLOP
Lewandoski-FLOP
Kessie-flop
Raphinia-FLOP
Ferran- FLOP
Garcia-FLOP

I am sure I missed someone but maybe someone else can chime in.

The other question is why do players become worse out here.
Is it the manager, the culture, the environment........???
I think it's loser mentality.

Andresito

Staff member
I think we've seen a clear improvement with Xavi since he took over but I also think we've reached the maximum level we can with Xavi. Don't think we're going to evolve as a team with him in charge anymore so I'm of the opinion that we need a new manager come summer.

Who? No clue.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
The issue of Eric Garcia is one of the reasons that obliges us to be a bit cautious about criticizing the players. We definitely need to strengthen some players, especially in a few vital positions. But let's not pay more than this for that excuse. When a benchwarmer of Xavi's team becomes a fixed player of the top la liga team that incidentally Xavi's team loses to them, then you have to ask yourself if I am seeing the issues correctly? Distinguishing between technical and systematic weaknesses with the individual weaknesses of the players is a necessity to reach the existing reality.
Another issue is about the timing of decision-making. In the downward slope (which I believe we are in) change is a necessity and an obligation. The later you make the change, the more depreciation it will have for the team and especially the new generation who have invested so much in them.
So the expectation from the management and even Xavi himself is that they should not be passive and take action. And by action I mean changing the coach. Whether for a temporary option or for a relatively reliable option like Flick. We have already suffered a lot of damage. Controlling this damage is the least thing that can be done. (Except for inventing a time machine and going back two years and rejecting the option of hiring Xavi.)

Porque

Garcia is excelling in a fast transition low pressure environment. In a way you can say that Girona are playing to the strengths of Daley Blind too.

While here Eric always seemed that he had to play at his limit for 90 minutes just to give a serviceable performance.

There's levels to this game, though I don't doubt that Eric will be a very good player after a few consistent seasons of playing at a lower level team like Girona. Mid 20s and he will probably return to a better side (unless that is City Group continue to invest in Girona and maintain them as a top 6 side which is entirely feasible).

Anyways my point in this long waffle is that timing is everything. We were too big and too early for Eric Garcia, and maybe always will be.

Doesn't make him a bad player at all either.

delancey

The issue of Eric Garcia is one of the reasons that obliges us to be a bit cautious about criticizing the players. We definitely need to strengthen some players, especially in a few vital positions. But let's not pay more than this for that excuse. When a benchwarmer of Xavi's team becomes a fixed player of the top la liga team that incidentally Xavi's team loses to them, then you have to ask yourself if I am seeing the issues correctly? Distinguishing between technical and systematic weaknesses with the individual weaknesses of the players is a necessity to reach the existing reality.
Another issue is about the timing of decision-making. In the downward slope (which I believe we are in) change is a necessity and an obligation. The later you make the change, the more depreciation it will have for the team and especially the new generation who have invested so much in them.
So the expectation from the management and even Xavi himself is that they should not be passive and take action. And by action I mean changing the coach. Whether for a temporary option or for a relatively reliable option like Flick. We have already suffered a lot of damage. Controlling this damage is the least thing that can be done. (Except for inventing a time machine and going back two years and rejecting the option of hiring Xavi.)
Exactly! Each and every player is underperforming under Xavi, for we do not have a system. Players are following instructions from Oscar. They are confused. Cross and inshallah tactics have been figured out… By every team but us. :lol:

I would understand the criticism of our players if they were isolated incidents. But we’ve been shitting on the entire squad. Why is it that every single players who comes here underperforms/regresses?

Having a great manager is so important. We should also remember that if our manager rn had been anyone else but a Catalan legend, he would have been ostracized and lambasted by Catalan media until he was canned.

It’s not the players. It’s the management.

Kul_z

Get him the fuck out. Can see anyone at his place doing exactly the same job at least. Just get someone who at least has some of the experience in coaching in top 5 leagues. Liga shouldnt be a problem to get to first 4 spots to qualify for cl, and from then some cup mentality could and should be priority. Klopp's contract is until 2026, get it the fuck done.

jairzinho

The issue of Eric Garcia is one of the reasons that obliges us to be a bit cautious about criticizing the players.

Eric's case is interesting but it shows what happens when you have a coach that knows exactly what he is doing and how he wants his team to play tactically. Its clear we have the better individual players but Michel knows how to setup to get the best out of the players he has to work with. That's the difference in imo. Xavi has a great squad but doesn't know how to use them correctly in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans