Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

Yeah I was gonna say that. Koeman had Messi. Huge advantage.

With that said, Xavi has a very good squad too which is underperforming.

serghei

The same Messi everyone said was messing up the shape and tactics of the team?

That was in CL. He was still great vs smaller teams. Didn't he win top goalscorer that season?

Almost 50 goals & assists.

Last edited:

Rory

That was in CL. He was still great vs smaller teams. Didn't he win top goalscorer that season?

Almost 50 goals & assists.

Got out the group stage at least. Yes Messi was top scorer in la liga. Now we have Lewandowski who 90% of the forum would agree has been the best player in the world over the last 3 years (on average). Not to mention the 130m spent and free signings signed for Xavi in attacking areas. Yet his record in first 50 games has resulted in less goals.

Raketa10

People we need to calm the fuck down. This is called a rebuilding process and if someone thought that it will be easy or that we'll win CL immediately, than that person is crazy or dumb as fuck. I am not defending Xavi, we are playing like shit and he clearly has no idea how to improve this situation at the moment. However, replacing him before next summer would be a horrible decision and another sign that we have no plan whatsoever.

I will remind you all that Klopp was also bad during his firs season with Lpool. Enrique was also horrible during his first few months here. Again, I am not implying that Xavi will turn things around and become another Pep or Enrique or Klopp but he needs time and we need to let him finish what he started this season. Next summer we can decide if he will continue or not but than again we can't just throw names and expect from them to perform here.

I can see that many people would want to see Tuchel here. However, he has a huge temper issue and he usually snaps during his second year, on the other hand there is Gallardo a manager who never coached in Europe and has a much better track record in cup competitions than domestic league. Neither of those two gives us any guarantee that things would improve significantly. For the moment the best thing we can do is to calm down and try to turn things around. Our entire defense (except Araujo) will be back in a few days and things should start improving from that moment on.

Last edited:

Temptation

People we need to calm the fuck down. This is called a rebuilding process and if someone thought that it will be easy or that we'll win CL immediately, than that person is crazy or dumb as fuck. I am not defending Xavi, we are playing like shit and he clearly has no idea how to improve this situation at the moment. However, replacing him before next summer would be a horrible decision and another sign that we have no plan whatsoever.

I will remind you all that Klopp was also bad during his firs season with Lpool. Enrique was also horrible during his first few months here. Again, I am not implying that Xavi will turn things around and become another Pep or Enrique or Klopp but he needs time and we need to let him finish what he started this season. Next summer we can decide if he will continue or not but than again we can't just throw names and expect from them to perform here.

I can see that many people would want to see Tuchel here. However, he has a huge temper issue and he usually snaps during his second year, on the other hand there is Gallardo a manager who never coached in Europe and has a much better track record in cup competitions than domestic league. Neither of those two gives us any guarantee that thing would improve significantly. For the moment the best thing we can do is to calm down and try to turn things around. Our entire defense (except Araujo) will be back in a few days and things should start improving from that moment on.

Klopp inherited absolute garbage and we showed signs of evolution from his first game. The style of play, coaching and tactical patterns were very clearly visible from the first game. Every Liverpool fan saw the clear progress.

Xavi's "process" is showing nothing of that sort despite having a way better team in a weaker league.

Awful comparison.

gasgas

Klopp inherited absolute garbage and we showed signs of evolution from his first game. The style of play, coaching and tactical patterns were very clearly visible from the first game. Every Liverpool fan saw the clear progress.

Xavi's "process" is showing nothing of that sort despite having a way better team in a weaker league.

Awful comparison.

Yeah i remember those days where Liverpool was beating top teams with their intense gegenpressing but losing to lower teams due to lack of quality

Barcilliant

Xavi in 50 games
28 wins
11 losses
11 draws
94 goals made and 51 conceited

Koeman in Games
33 wins
7 losses
10 draws
117 goals made and 53 conceited

Koeman clearly did better, with less material and without Laporta leveraging the clubs future for him. Koeman got totally destroyed here.

Xavi gets the pass because the standards are lowered and he is Catalonian.

Yeah, this 8s one of the main issues. The clubs obsession with everything Catalan or Spanish.
Why don't we just have an only Catalan or only Spanish policy. Than all those fucking socis and Catalans can watch us struggle to qualify for the EL
I would be all for Xavi if there were clear signs that he was willing to take the steps required to make the club successful again. However there are so many negatives with this guy I don't know where to start.
We don't have the time or money to waste anymore. Out with Xavi asap.

Barcilliant

Awful comparison.

Klopp was a proven success at Dortmund. Xavi was a mixed success at Al Saad for crying out loud. I mean he was lousy in the Asian equivalent of CL.
Laporta has made a huge mistake. If Tuchel can get us on track for even two seasons I will be satisfied.
Football is much more temporary nowadays. If we change managers every season or two I'm fine with it. Too many people at the club think that our managers should stick around three or four years but this is again idealism. The manager should be given one season or maybe two at best given extenuating circumstances.
Do people think Perez will give Ancelotti another season if he doesn't win the league or cl??

Rival

He is worse than Koeman and that is really all that should be said about him. Has invested the most money out of any manager in the past few years, and is arguably performing worse than the managers before him.

Keep in mind, that we've spent a lot of money on older players because Xavi insisted on getting them. We could and should have invested in young talent and do a proper rebuilding phase. We will feel the pain of this transfer window for years, and for me Xavi is the one to blame.

He needs to be removed asap.

Last edited:

Joan

I see plenty of people still arguing in Xavi's favor. I'm trying my best but can't see why. I can understand some think there are no real alternatives worth going for atm but the WC might change that too. For me, it's not whether should Barca sack Xavi, it's when.

I still think Tuchel would be very good for us, might help us leave some antiquated notions in the past. Now that would be a real revolution.

Barcilliant

I see plenty of people still arguing in Xavi's favor. I'm trying my best but can't see why. I can understand some think there are no real alternatives worth going for atm but the WC might change that too. For me, it's not whether should Barca sack Xavi, it's when.

I still think Tuchel would be very good for us, might help us leave some antiquated notions in the past. Now that would be a real revolution.

Agree. We need some fresh ideas, we need some soul searching and we need to win. If we were a club that just played good football but hardly won anything no-one would care about us. The reason other fans still hate 7s cause we played great football and win EVERYTHING. The main ingredient in our DNA IS WINNING. Without that we are just another club. In trying to rediscover our DNA with Xavi we are actually doing the opposite. Destroying it.

TheStig

I think many people (at least me) would give Xavi a lot more credit if he played the best players and not fucking Busquets and Alonso when we have FDJ and Balde on the bench. It would also help if he would adjust his formation when it's obvious it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans