Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

The whole team is dead.

Xavi playing fossil football with Busi (ironically) as his main focal point.

This like using Windows 95 in 2022 or some shit like that, dawg.

We?re dead!

ajnotkeith

He says 'we had Madrid in their half' without realising that is actually where they wanted to be as they waited for us to lose the ball and to attack in our terrible defensive transitions.

If that is his criteria for 'dominating' then it is not surprising he always thinks the tactics were fine, as teams will always sit back and stay 'in their half' knowing how vulnerable we are on the counter. Meanwhile we will concede goal after goal that way without him ever realising.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Xavi "Madrid minimise their errors, and maximise their virtues, that is why they have been winning with these team for years."

110% true :(

JamDav1982

Xavi "Madrid minimise their errors, and maximise their virtues, that is why they have been winning with these team for years."

110% true :(

Basically blaming the players for errors as he does every time Barca lose.

'We play better football but they make less errors'

Wise up Xavi min.

JamDav1982

He literally said after the game that he was responsible, not the players.

Aye good on him.. says that then blames players regardless.

Sure as fuck he is not referring to his own mistakes in that comment.

Clearly he doesnt see the set up as mistake as he is never changing it.

tacticvarium

I hope club legends in the future don't come back to their club trying to be a saviour and get eventually mocked by their club fans.
Xavi has been the symbol and embodiment of Barca's success and philosophy and now these so-called fans mock him for some bad results.
These fans at this point don't care about the club. They can't wait for Xavi to fail just to prove that they were right. What a joke!
Now I see some people already are looking for Iniesta but please no..
Xavi inherited a much, much worse team in terms of both squad and the management of the club compared to Rijkaard and Pep.
Even if he wasn't the saviour we wanted, I believe he is doing what he can with this shitty squad and club management that lacks a clear sporting plan.
The football world is also suffering from one of the most severe lacks of talent in its history across almost all positions for years now.
There aren't promising, future world-class talents to buy in the market even if you have the money compared to 15~30 years ago.
It will take a long time for anyone to truly rebuild this club.

Givenchy

I hope club legends in the future don't come back to their club trying to be a saviour and get eventually mocked by their club fans.
Xavi has been the symbol and embodiment of Barca's success and philosophy and now these so-called fans mock him for some bad results.
These fans at this point don't care about the club. They can't wait for Xavi to fail just to prove that they were right. What a joke!
Xavi inherited a much, much worse team in terms of both squad and the management of the club compared to Rijkaard and Pep.
Even if he wasn't the saviour we wanted, I believe he is doing what he can with this shitty squad and club management that lacks a clear sporting plan.
The football world is also suffering from one of the most severe lacks of talent in its history across almost all positions for years now.
There aren't promising, future world-class talents to buy in the market even if you have the money compared to 15~30 years ago.

Yeah I also hope unqualified club legends don't come back to try and be the saviour, it would do us and themselves a huge favour.

As for "doing what he can with this shitty squad", hate to break it to you but his fingerprints are all over this 'shitty squad'. Laporta backed him to a fault in the summer, we even ended up signing Alonso :facepalm: He requested Ferran, Bellerin, Alonso and Raphinha + an old Azpi. He renewed Bob and Dembele. He also continues to play the ancient one at DM despite continuous fuck ups, all whilst alienating Frenkie.

Xavi can admit mistakes were made but they continue week after week and it's the same mistake, that is indefensible.

xXKonan

He's clearly not up for it even if he thinks he is.

Doesn't seem to have it in him to acknowledge that his methods haven't been working and instead of trying to find solutions he just keeps persisting with it. Doesn't help he also doesn't have a real assistant manager, his brother just exists to yell at the players like him and support Xavi and like some goon from a Mafia movie.

He just can't seem to comprehend the position he is in now, this isn't Qatar where things are at a much lower level and much more forgiving. His methods worked for a time but have since been figured out and it's not doing the team any favors, especially after so much money we spent and how we had to leverage and sell off assets in order to make signings.

I expect Laporta at some point to give Xavi an ultimatum if it gets even worse.

SmilerBam

Wonder when are we gonna have a really good manager, a proven one? What is the point of all this transfers if the coach has no clue? I love Xavi, but as a manager he shows absolutely nothing...not everyone is a Pep.

SmilerBam

I agree with this, but the problem is even with limited players, you can still see very good coaches make their teams play good football.With Xavi, we have no plan.

Sailor Mars

Defensively, I think some of the problems can be mitigated by having a healthy Araujo-Kounde as the CB partnership, getting an actual good RB, and also replacing Busquets.

Bigger concern is the attack has been toothless for several games now. Dembele and Raphinha hardly create anything of substance. They've been marked out in all the big games this season. That's extremely concerning, especially when the club spent $70 mil recently on Raphinha.

Ferran and Raphinha is $120 mil on the front line by the new regime and the returns haven't been there.

Jay Jay

It's sad and interesting how we declined exponentially after the game with Bayern.

I don't believe that we don't have enough quality players, in fact, I think that we have the best roster in the league, and we are around the top 5 in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans