Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

matbezlima

He was tactically outplayed by Mallorca as well and last La Liga game luck was his hero

Mallorca was just one of those bad days that every team, I wouldn't blame that match on Xavi, every team has those games during a season (even Guardiola's Barcelona's did). Technical form was really poor. Remember City's 2-1 victory against Dortmund? Let me tell you: City was dreadful that game as Barcelona against Mallorca. Hell, I think City's first half might have been worse. Even players like Gundogan were unrecognizible!

matbezlima

He's finished.

People can't seriously look at this team and say there has been any improvement since our game against Frankfurt despite our squad being much better.

A hammering this weekend in the clasico is on the cards and should be his last game as manger of Barca.
Barcelona leads La Liga. Also, Barcelona had a great performance against Bayern, and everyone agreed that that game showed lots of improvement, and that Barcelona was unlucky to not win.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi transformed us into FC Crossalona.

I watch highlights of all the top teams and they all reguarly score combining through midfield with quick passes. I really can't remember last time Barca even attempted to do so. I can't believe this elephant in room isn't even being discussed by media pundits, much less on this forum.

Really couldn't create a more no-faith tactics for a team.

matbezlima

I watch highlights of all the top teams and they all reguarly score combining through midfield with quick passes. I really can't remember last time Barca even attempted to do so. I can't believe this elephant in room isn't even being discussed by media pundits, much less on this forum.

Really couldn't create a more no-faith tactics for a team.
How short and bad your memories. Koeman's Barcelona was far more like this. I've seen plenty of Xavi's Barcelona great combinations through the middle. Plenty.

Barcilliant

Still reading posts on socials that he "needs more time" and that he has "hopefully learned his lesson." We are not Arsenal (yet), and Xavi has done nothing in his managerial career to merit patience like Klopp has earned at Liverpool.

Unless we win the remainder of our Liga matches convincingly (including Clasico) before the WC we should pull the trigger on Tuchel while he is still available.

Yep, Tuchel is available now. Get him while you can. Knowing that fool Laporta he will wait, sack Xavi and then appoint Marquez.
Xavi has brought nothing to this team that Koeman didn't have. Koeman spent most of his time blaming the players but he had justification. The squad was poor. We had Abde and Jutgla upfront. Xavi has been given so many players despite our finances and he can't even pass the group stage.
Sack him ASAP.

matbezlima

Yep, Tuchel is available now. Get him while you can. Knowing that fool Laporta he will wait, sack Xavi and then appoint Marquez.
Xavi has brought nothing to this team that Koeman didn't have. Koeman spent most of his time blaming the players but he had justification. The squad was poor. We had Abde and Jutgla upfront. Xavi has been given so many players despite our finances and he can't even pass the group stage.
Sack him ASAP.

This reminds me of when Real Madrid fans asked Ancelotti to be sacked after he lost to Sheriff in the UCL. Or when he lost to Barcelona by 4-0 at the Bernab?u. And so on.

Also, you are blind and don't remember Koeman's era well if you think Xavi did nothing to improve the team. Xavi immediately improved the team in a 0-0 draw with Benfica. We have seen far more great matches from Xavi's Barcelona, even if we only count last season, than we have ever seen from Koeman's entire tenure!

ryuken

Great mastermind Xavi probably got 1 foot out of Camp Nou, all the levers for C2 lol, this club is getting fucked

malvolio

If we are fully healthy I bet the back line would have been Balde - Christensen - Araujo - Kounde?

With that back line these matches are completely different. I hate injuries. Just making making this whole thing even worse.

The biggest issue in the Bayern and Inter x2 games has been the attack. Yeah last night the defense was comical, but even so we should have put the game to bed. We didn't convert enough on order to have these games under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans