Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Yup,
For most coaches who don't have the stature needed, whatever rules they impose are destined to remain on paper,
especially inside a toxic dressing room full of complacency and arrogance like Barca's

Xavi has the stature to do so.
There is no 'no need' excuse. This dressing room is toxic and needs de-toxication.
That cannot happen automatically, on its own. There has to be a reversal process, and such rules is the 1st step

Jadentheman

" Dressing room heavyweights do not agree with all of the new rules imposed by the club"

Oh shit guys, gonna be locked room drama already?

I think squad will fall out with Xavi he came at bad time and risks losing friendships

These guys know full well how this entire process works. It?s a job and it?s professional. But it?s also a cutthroat industry with constant competition from the younger and hungrier guys. What did they expect? This is true for any footballing team, or any pro sports league, team, solo., etc

Ok and people wonder why Pep sold him lol

"When he arrived, I reminded Guardiola that he'd never been a great player. I told him in no uncertain terms that Eto'o was the one who would make him win."

"I did a lot for the club. Guardiola was unlucky enough to have to play me for twenty minutes against Chivas and I scored three goals. From then on, he never had the courage to say things to my face. I didn't want to talk to him until he apologised to me."

" I only spoke to him twice after, the first was when he asked me to help resolve a problem with Yaya Toure, I told him to get lost and the second time was when Pep wanted to give me lessons on how to be a striker when he was a midfielder.

I said to him, 'You're not normal, are you?' I've won the golden boot in Spain. I then went on to win a treble and another treble with his enemy Mourinho.

The true story is that Pep never respected these things in the world of football."

We need Puig to stand up to Xavi in same way if he isn't starting

This is Zlatan right? He has an oversized ego and feels like he can speak his mind anytime. I doubt many players will do what he did with Pep

iniestaGOAT

These guys know full well how this entire process works. It?s a job and it?s professional. But it?s also a cutthroat industry with constant competition from the younger and hungrier guys. What did they expect? This is true for any footballing team, or any pro sports league, team, solo., etc

This is Zlatan right? He has an oversized ego and feels like he can speak his mind anytime. I doubt many players will do what he did with Pep

Nah I think its Eto. Eto was always abusing pep like that.

serghei

If Bobo32 arrived, or Quique Setien, he would probably have to enforce a lot of rules to get 'respect' from these players, or to get them to do what he wanted.
I had a thought that Xavi Hernandez would be able to get these players to show up when he wanted to without threatening them with a fine of a couple of hundred euros or whatever.
Xavi Hernandez doesn't believe he could get them to do that, and it tells you as much about Xavi as it does about the players, I think.

Way past the point of expecting professional behaviour from our veterans without strict measures. We're not talking about veterans like Lewandowski here you know...

Bobo32

I think a lot of coaches would like to operate like Xavi if they could (especially when entering a club that is in crisis), but they need to have complete backing of board to do so and also this team lacks star players and power which makes it possible.

Yeah it is possible and maybe you are right that many coaches want it like this.
You obviously can't have people arriving late all the time, but not trusting them to be professional enough to choose their own food etc - it is very disrespectful, but maybe it is needed.

The best coach I had got the respect through his knowledge and the way he carried himself, he didn't need rules but everyone followed him exactly and if they didn't they didn't stay for long. That coach could've imposed a lot of rules but didn't need to and it was a sign of strength. We weren't world class players, but if someone came with rules like these after him we would rightly feel disrespected, unprofessionally treated, and we'd have less respect for the new coach immediately.
Maybe guys like Pedri, Frenkie, Gavi, Mingueza etc really loved Koeman, and feel a bit like this right now?

I am reminded by the intro to an allasfcb article about Xavi, quoting Charles Mingus "you never enter a room shouting", these rules feel a bit like that to me. Otherwise he has looked to handle himself perfectly so far I think.
https://allasfcb.blogspot.com/2015/11/xavi-hernandez-master-of-la-pausa.html?m=1

FinBarcelonafan

Apparently he wants Olmo and Torres from City

Torres not available and probably impossible. Olmo meh. Not so positive about Olmo especially for sixty mil. This is crucial buy for Barca and I wish he had a bit more upside.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Apparently he wants Olmo and Torres from City

Torres not available and probably impossible. Olmo meh. Not so positive about Olmo..

Much better names than Gnabry, Sterling and those that were previosly rumoured.
I think he can and should use Depay and Dembele in these wide roles, very limited. They are good enough if you want that type of player. Olmo or Torres would be improvements over them, Konrad would be useful too, and hundreds of others.

FinBarcelonafan

I think he can and should use Depay and Dembele in these wide roles, very limited. They are good enough if you want that type of player. Olmo or Torres would be improvements over them, Konrad would be useful too, and hundreds of others.

Gnbary and Sterling are still more proven at the top level, especially Sterling.

mc_lovin

Olmo is very hit and miss. No idea how anyone can slander Depay for his inconsistent touches and then advocate Olmo.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
so basically you hope he plays a type of player he hasn't got at the moment.

There are Ilias and Abde. Both are not ready, most likely, but the question at this point is really whether either Ilias or Abde start. It seems clear to me that Xavi won't hesitate to sub one of them on if we aren't winning by the 60th-70th minute.

Bobo32

Olmo is very hit and miss. No idea how anyone can slander Depay for his inconsistent touches and then advocate Olmo.

I agree he is, but less than Depay I think. He is on a 77% pass success :) I can't imagine Depay be regarded as a CM by anyone, ever...
I don't think Barcelona should buy any winger for 50m euros though.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Ilias is another 17-year-old with big potential, but he's really raw. He has the right profile though, a pure left-footed RW with trickery and agility to cut inside.

Abde is the one who we bought in the summer, he played in the last 2 games or so. He is 19. He looked kinda poor for the first team, with a severe case of tunnel vision. Planes was the one who brought him, however, and he also brought Pedri and Araujo, so maybe there is some potential in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans