Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I am leaking joy for his arrival irrespective of results, I know he will be the best option possible not named Pep. The winning will come

My only worry for him as a person or the job as that he strikes me as a bit more emotional than Pep, I hope he insulates himself well from the toxic entorno

khaled_a_d

Yes nepotism is my fear. He?s too close to some players on this team. Zidane, Lampard, Ole and Pirlo coached fresh younger guys with no attachment when they managed their old clubs. There is a reason for that.

Lampard and Pirlo coached former teammates, Pirlo coached Morata, Chiellini & Bonucci who were his teammates, the later two were his teammates for 4 years iirc.
Lampard had couple of those with Azpilicueta, Willian & Christensen but non of those were there for more than 2 years with him.

Pep was teammate for Xavi and Puyol, Lucho was teammate with Xavi and Iniesta

Xavi has Busquets, Pique, Alba, Roberto and MATS. Pique and Busquets were his teammates for 7 years, Alba for 3 (and another one with NT) and Roberto for couple of years and only MATS had one year with him.

The thing is, Xavi had the same situation with Al-Sadd, and while he did well which is positive, my understanding (from those who watched them) he was very lean towards experience over youth.

I hope that Xavi and Laporta understands that this is a rebuilding project

serghei

Where are your low expection, top 4 Liga :lol:

Meaning?

Top 4 when your rival for 4th is 11 points ahead is very ambitious objective. I like that Xavi and Laporta are bold. Let's hope that the players get the messagge. Perform at a top level or fuck off.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Sociedad are 8 points ahead assuming win game in hand.

They are not the only top four rivals though just the most obvious ones to try and get ahead of.

Atletico are only 6 points ahead and Barca have played them away and they have not played Real as of yet.

Sevilla are 10 points ahead but have tougher run coming up.

IF Barca can string some wins together it will open up but need players fit and some kind of settled side or be almost impossible for Xavi to do.

serghei

The game in hand is extremely difficult. It's not over yet, but it's very tough for 4th if Sociedad don't lose steam.

If Sociedad start to lose points we have a good chance, but even then our margin of error is really small.

That being said, top 4 should be the target.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans