Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Wasn?t someone on here saying Xavi didn?t pass forward that well a while back....

E0VROKrXsAAgejr

Not as creative as Arthur. Also Pjanic could make 30 through ball per game under Barcelona. That is scary.

vegitot

I do not know if you are thinking about me, if so:

I never said that he didn't progress the ball well
I absolutely did not say that he didn't progress the ball a lot in absolute numbers.
I never even said that he didn't make a lot of through balls in absolute numbers per game

What I did say was he played VERY conservatively and securely, playing very few speculative passes.
(but I would even bet that he made more speculative passes than many players, in absolute numbers, as he had the ball a lot and played weaker opponents, often leading by a lot)

What these numbers tell you is that he played on average 10,9 forward passes per game
How many passes, in total, did he average per game?
I think it's over 100.
If so, about 1/10 passes he made were deemed as "progressive passes"
That is 9/10 passes that is not progressing play...

How many passes in total did Ozil, Totti, Pirlo or Fabregas make on average?

Arthur didn't even make that much lol. You would still rate Arthur higher because Arthur assits for his opponent teams, something Xavi didn't. So Arthur must be more creative, made more crazy passes.

Also, World cup 2010: Xavi completed 599 in 2010, which is the most ever, and it came with a 91.2% success rate, 84,2% passing completed in the final third, 20 through ball played, 30 chances created

84,2% of his 599 passes completed in the final third. Still not as good as Arthur, really??? I should add that he made most passes in the final third in Euro 2012 as well.

For your thought that he played vs weak teams, 4 assists vs Real Madrid, back to back assists in European champion, one cross and one through ball assist vs Man utd in UCL final.

Xavi indeed played vs weak teams. Italy, Germany, Real Madrid, Man Utd...are indeed weak teams.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Won't renew his contract with Al-Sadd so this is his final season with them. Either Barca or another European team next.

Messigician

He won't or they won't?

(🌕) JUST IN: At the moment, the management of Al Sadd doesn?t plan on renewing Xavi?s contract at the end of the season. @alkasschannel #Xavi 🇪🇸🚫

Tackle

He is being set up for failure if he comes this summer. Koeman should get another season if for nothing else than being a decent bridge option and sacrificial lamb during this transition phase.

Vilarrubi

He is being set up for failure if he comes this summer. Koeman should get another season if for nothing else than being a decent bridge option and sacrificial lamb during this transition phase.

Nothings linear in football. Many teams have gone from zero to hero within one season and vice versa. Can’t say he’ll fail for definite even if the team does need clear changes.

FinBarcelonafan

Nothings linear in football. Many teams have gone from zero to hero within one season and vice versa. Can?t say he?ll fail for definite even if the team does need clear changes.

True. Everyone said we were done after Bayern rekt us 7-0. We came back to the top rather quickly. Football is weird.

Farripas

I wouldn't say we are back to the top at all. Everybody is pretty bad, so are we.

I agree. We're far from the top, as far as dominating and fighting for every trophy. Madrid and Atletico are not that great and that's what allowed us to fight for the title. As far as the Champions League goes..we're far from a contender, i'd say. No way i would back us against City, Liverpool, Bayern or even Madrid (as they have a different level and/or luck in that competition).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans