Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
GOAT.

EwiSNfAXMAYJ9Kw

that is STUPID good. 30 assists? wtf, lol

him and iniesta each should have won a ballon d'or ):

30 assists...but Bobo will tell you he played less risky than Arthur.

Lmao. Trolls.

arthur better than xavi :lol: :lol:

China could colonize the moon and that still wouldnt be as impressive as Xavi's 08-09 season

Bobo32

The one and only midfield god.

No one at CM compares to his 08-09 level. It's like Messi's 10-11/14-15. Alien tier.

A nice moment to watch this short video and contemplate where the difficult, surprising or risky passes were. Even I am struck that there were so few in that video

Twice he was running behind and recieved decently difficult passes, so that he in turn could assist with a simple pass laterally while free on goal.
Two assists to Henry were pretty good, one was a well timed flick, and the other a pretty long pass in behind the defence, both were through two defenders.
Otherwise, some crosses, some passes on the foot of Eto'o or Messi who scored solo goals, one simple one-two and so on.

A video like that captures very little of what made Xavi great. Most of the genius stuff in that video was done by other players.

Just compare to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIaCaWNvWI

KingLeo10

A nice moment to watch this short video and contemplate where the difficult, surprising or risky passes were. Even I am struck that there were so few in that video

Twice he was running behind and recieved decently difficult passes, so that he in turn could assist with a simple pass laterally while free on goal.
Two assists to Henry were pretty good, one was a well timed flick, and the other a pretty long pass in behind the defence, both were through two defenders.
Otherwise, some crosses, some passes on the foot of Eto'o or Messi who scored solo goals, one simple one-two and so on.

A video like that captures very little of what made Xavi great. Most of the genius stuff in that video was done by other players.

Just compare to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIaCaWNvWI

Your trolling is aging like milk.

Bobo32

Your trolling is aging like milk.

I am not trolling and I never got an honest response to these arguments.
This is the fourth video I've watched through and analyzed on this forum; one of his passes in the CL final 2011, one compilation of his "best passes", one of some random game, and then this. I never found something in the videos to change the view I got from watching every Xavi game for more than 10 years.

Please point to the great passes in that video instead of calling me a troll.

Catta

Just admit it man, you never watched a Xavi game in your life. Because if you did, you wouldn't talk stupid shit like that.

You're either clueless or a troll.

Gnidrologist

The unhealthy obsession with Puig is somewhat understandable, but this "Xavi only made easy passes" is some galaxy level retardo shtick. So why hasn't anyone bar Messi and Iniesta ever made so many "easy passes" and we are still looking for that next creative midfielder? Maybe because it ain't easy after all. Having a vision to spot players in the right place, timing release of the ball at exact moment, when it's most beneficial for receiver and avoids offside, having immaculate brain and foot technique to put the right power, spin, dip and angle to the ball so it would almost always land on the feet of receiving player, while lasering through crowd of defenders at just the right trajectory so that they couldn't intercept it and making it look easy. Guess what, it ain't, it's fucking hard, which is why there hasn't been anyone that comes even close to Xavi as a pure passer.

Last edited:

Windhook

Xavi was considered the prime playmaker in the world in the 2008-2012 period. Easy passes, complex passes, it's just a matter of making the right move. Of course having players like Eto'o, Messi, Henry, David Villa, Iniesta made his task easy. But they all completed each other.

Messigician

The unhealthy obsession with Puig is somewhat understandable, but this "Xavi only made easy passes" is some galaxy level retardo shtick. So why hasn't anyone bar Messi and Iniesta ever made so many "easy passes" and we are still looking for that next creative midfielder? Maybe because it ain't easy after all. Having a vision to spot players in the right place, timing release of the ball at exact moment, when it's most beneficial for receiver and avoids offside, having immaculate brain and foot technique to put the right power, spin, dip and angle to the ball so it would almost always land on the feet of receiving player, while lasering through crowd of defenders at just the right trajectory so that they couldn't intercept it and making it look easy. Guess what, it ain't, it's fucking hard, which is why there hasn't been anyone that comes even close to Xavi as a pure passer.

Prime Rakitic comes close mate.

(Obvious joke before people stsrt foaming at the mouth)

Bobo32

I have quoted Cruyff on this multiple times - "playing simple football is the hardest thing"
My point has been in response to players like Arthur and others being criticized for playing too simple, not attempting enough hard passes etc. Then I said - Xavi played less speculative, more 'simple', with more patience, and he was the greatest of all time.

Just as now, I get a lot of disrespectful comments, but no explanation or examples. Yes vegitot manically posted a lot of irrelevant stats about absolute number of passes in opponents half and stuff like that, making my point for me. But here you have multiple people saying I'm a retarded clueless troll, without much attempt to argue. Well Gnidrologist makes some arguments, but not really on the points I've made.

Of course it is difficult to play 100 correct passes (correct not meaning reaching a target, but the right target) per game. My point always was that that was what made Xavi great, not his ability to spot the final ball.
Xavi didn't do a lot of "lasering through crowd of defenders" passes. As seen in that video, of the 20 assists, I think only 2 were in between defenders, most were on the outside or a cross. He was probably as good technically as almost anyone at making darting passes if he wanted to, but he was much more hesitant to make these passes compared to most midfielders, and that was part of what made him great. He waited until the right moment, and could get the assist with an easier pass in that way.

I ask you again, make a good argument why I'm wrong. Show a good representative video with difficult Xavi passes.

Morten

I have quoted Cruyff on this multiple times - "playing simple football is the hardest thing"
My point has been in response to players like Arthur and others being criticized for playing too simple, not attempting enough hard passes etc. Then I said - Xavi played less speculative, more 'simple', with more patience, and he was the greatest of all time.

Just as now, I get a lot of disrespectful comments, but no explanation or examples. Yes vegitot manically posted a lot of irrelevant stats about absolute number of passes in opponents half and stuff like that, making my point for me. But here you have multiple people saying I'm a retarded clueless troll, without much attempt to argue. Well Gnidrologist makes some arguments, but not really on the points I've made.

Of course it is difficult to play 100 correct passes (correct not meaning reaching a target, but the right target) per game. My point always was that that was what made Xavi great, not his ability to spot the final ball.
Xavi didn't do a lot of "lasering through crowd of defenders" passes. As seen in that video, of the 20 assists, I think only 2 were in between defenders, most were on the outside or a cross. He was probably as good technically as almost anyone at making darting passes if he wanted to, but he was much more hesitant to make these passes compared to most midfielders, and that was part of what made him great. He waited until the right moment, and could get the assist with an easier pass in that way.

I ask you again, make a good argument why I'm wrong. Show a good representative video with difficult Xavi passes.

No arguments needed, that video is enough for now.
Plenty of great passes, end of discussion.

BarcaOG

Banned

good post. fabregas for example didnt even come close. thiago: same thing.

it might 'look' simple and 'be' simple (on paper, per that quote). in fact it takes enormous brains and skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans