Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

I feel sadness... Wish Xavi could take the rest the season off and the Euro...

the preseason should start 3 weeks after the Euro, so I think Pep will give Xavi - Iniesta - Puyol some rest till the season mid August (if we play Spain SC). specially that the summer tour will be only in Europe this year.

Ender

For all you haters, just watch. Xavi is going to boss the midfield against Chelsea.

3owtwt.jpg

Yugi

I hope Spain gets relegated very soon so they can rest, dont care about those clowns (Spaniards) who dont even respect people that are representing their country

Maria

I wouldn't play him against Chelsea. He isn't playing well for some time now. Or let me phrase it like this: he doesn't provide any penetrating passes anymore. Like the one Thiago provided for Tello for example. I'd give Thiago a chance. Looks much fresher, more direct, more daring and more juvenile. He deserves a chance. If he can play against Real, he can play against Chelsea. Xavi on the other hand needs some serious rest after 4 magnificent years for club and country. He's been consistent enough for so many years, it can't go on until retirement.

:xavi: :wub:

I agree..we will need to be more direct against Chelsea, but we also need someone in midfield, next to Busi, who has to stop Chelsea's counteratacks. And Xavi isn't that person right now. I think that his injury is a lot more serious that Pep wants to admit and we saw that in all the big games since the CWC final. Unfortunately, Xavi is also the only player who has a Messi-like status, in the sense that Pep can't bench without expecting a media backslash if we fail to qualify(because, as we all know, it's always the person that doesn't play who would have made the difference).

One thing's sure: I wouldn't want to be in Pep's place right now because some tough and unpopular decisions will have to be made tonight and in the near future..and the easiest thing for him would be just to walk away at end of the season, but I'm sure he will stay and try to make a new team.

Last edited:

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Xavi, go out there and prove your critics wrong.
I have all my trust in you, you are our engine!
Just play the final ball more often than not.

Maestro will shine tonight Insha Allah.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So, he didn't score... And there is something up with him, he was alway making the safe pass, "ignoring" Alves and Alexis runs and lacked motivation... So please, skip Euros and rest!

Kerrybai

Funny how the Messi and Cesc threads get raped after every bad game and Xavi's thread is like a barren wasteland. In previous season he has been untouchable to criticism but this season... Why does he not attempt creative passes anymore? Is he afraid? He needs to watch some videos of himself during the summer.

BerkeleyBernie

Funny how the Messi and Cesc threads get raped after every bad game and Xavi's thread is like a barren wasteland. In previous season he has been untouchable to criticism but this season... Why does he not attempt creative passes anymore? Is he afraid? He needs to watch some videos of himself during the summer.

Most teams now play ultra-deep against Barça; there is no room behind to throw in a defense-splitting pass. If the run isn't there, where is he supposed to pass it?

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
So, he didn't score... And there is something up with him, he was alway making the safe pass, "ignoring" Alves and Alexis runs and lacked motivation... So please, skip Euros and rest!
If only if that was easy...Since we ARE talking about Xavi there is no way in hell he isn't going to Euros unless there is an injury in the future. It's gonna be a torture for him if he chooses to play the next 2 competitions (confederations, and the world cup)with the Spanish NT. Honestly I highly recommend him to rest, but I'm not sure it will happen. Doesn't he have some type of injury in his ankles???

karthik

Why does he not attempt creative passes anymore? Is he afraid?.

Yes. He cant give through balls like before because he plays much more deeper with Cesc Fabregas taking care of providing that final ball. He cant play those over the top balls for Dani because he resides there instead of arriving there. He cant lose the ball because opponents counter with ease against a 3 man defence

karthik

Utmost respect to see Xavi or Puyol not quitting Spain after all that they have achieved during the past few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans