Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

^ Reports have been that Xavi has requested three high quality signings which he didn't get last summer. Deco apparently told him it's impossible so he want to meet directly with Laporta and Yuste instead lol.

CDM, CM and LW?

If true then this is precisely why he has to go. Doesn't respect the structure, other people's abilities or roles.

Porque

Imagine having the money to give the new coach signings and persisting with Xavi.

Well it's fine if the end game is Kloop. But I don't see it.

Came up short this week. In truth we competed well and I don't think anybody bar maybe Serghei, would watch the Madrid game and the PSG games and say we are not on that level.

Blanco

| BREAKING: Awaiting further confirmation, @sport reported that Joan Laporta has informally asked Xavi to STAY at the club for one more season. Rafa Yuste also said this to Xavi. If he decides to change his mind and continue, the doors will be open for him. #fcblive

Imo Xavi is staying at least one more season. Deflecting criticism with this fake resigning after Bilbao and Villareal defeats was good for him, but better for Barca players. He will be mocked for some time, when he says that “he reconsidered his decision”, but if you look at the bigger picture that move could be decisive for better second part of the season for your team.
Called it in February, he wanted to get some big results before announcing it, but now it would be a little bit more cringey.

Haraldinho

4 Clasicos lost in a row. Poor team management. Real fanbase want him to stay because he helped Madrid to win. Keep killing the club guys.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"It's a disgrace," said Xavi, complaining that the technology used in other top flights including the Premier League is not available in La Liga.

"If we want to be the best league in the world, we have to advance in this sense, you have to put in the technology."

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen agreed with his coach.

"It's shameful for football, I don't have the words," said the Germany international.

"There's so much money in this world and there's no money for what's most important."

Blanco

4 Clasicos lost in a row. Poor team management. Real fanbase want him to stay because he helped Madrid to win. Keep killing the club guys.
No, we want you to think that way and that “Xavi Quedate” is all to make you believe that he is bad coach. Why our fanbase would be so vocal for something that we really want to happen, but it should be done by our main rival in Spain? We actually see the progress made by Xavi with so much lack of quality in the squad. I am not saying he is one of the best itw, but in your position he is your best choice. He improved massively barca team’s mentality (late comebacks are the proof), he improved results and he has the power to make Laporta spend money (Marquez will not) and if that somehow is not enough - he is working incredibly with La Masia talents.

Loki

The team will be under construction until the Nou Camp Nou is finished. I don't have problems with both scenarios. If Xavi stays, then the club saves a lot of money and Xavi can continue to develop the youth players.
If he leaves, it gives a new coach an opportunity to do better. But it could also be worse, as the club doesn't have any money left to fulfill wishes. I don't see many coaches in the world who could do a good job without players they wish for to be honest.
So let's wait and see what Xavi will decide. The important part is, that Laporta has to think strategically. Once the new stadium is finished, we need to be on top again.

Wambo

"It's shameful for football, I don't have the words," said the Germany international.

"There's so much money in this world and there's no money for what's most important."
What does this even mean? Is he calling out La Liga for not investing in goal line technology? That quote made it look like the World's biggest problem is whether or not a ball crossed the goal line.

malvolio

The team will be under construction until the Nou Camp Nou is finished. I don't have problems with both scenarios. If Xavi stays, then the club saves a lot of money and Xavi can continue to develop the youth players.
If he leaves, it gives a new coach an opportunity to do better. But it could also be worse, as the club doesn't have any money left to fulfill wishes. I don't see many coaches in the world who could do a good job without players they wish for to be honest.
So let's wait and see what Xavi will decide. The important part is, that Laporta has to think strategically. Once the new stadium is finished, we need to be on top again.
What's worse than finishing a season in February and still not knowing what our playing style is?

A lot in here think that some goals vs PSG and Madrid is the same as competing with them. No, we're not at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans