Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Big title in devastating fashion - check
Trashing our big rivals, Madrid and Atletico, 4-0 and 3-0 right in their fief - check
Playing youngsters galore - check
CL last 8 - check

Just Xavi things. In the worst era since early 00s.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he’s capable of changing mind. But all depends on how we continue to play until end of season. Can’t see how if we stepped up overall play-wise, players begging him to stay and no good alternative option he would not consider staying.

ajnotkeith

I think he’s capable of changing mind. But all depends on how we continue to play until end of season. Can’t see how if we stepped up overall play-wise, players begging him to stay and no good alternative option he would not consider staying.
His mind is already made up. He's going to stay if we do well.
He doesn't actually want to leave. He said that to try and put a positive spin on a managerial tenure that hasn't gone like he expected it to thus far.

This is what he wanted... he wanted to be begged to stay and for people to kiss his ass because his self-esteem as a manager is kind of deflated at the moment.

If we get past PSG, there is very little chance he leaves.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Laporta tries to persuade Xavi through the press to continue.

I dont think anyone needs to convince Xavi, he is waiting. If Xavi says now he wants to stay and then looses against PSG he has to say again he will leave, this would look strange. He waits and hopes that Barca get into final so he will win the fanbase (most of them) and ppl will be happy if he announces to stay.

It's stupid though to say that in public from Laporta, now other top coaches will look for an another job and don't wait for Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think anyone needs to convince Xavi, he is waiting. If Xavi says now he wants to stay and then looses against PSG he has to say again he will leave, this would look strange. He waits and hopes that Barca get into final so he will win the fanbase (most of them) and ppl will be happy if he announces to stay.

It's stupid though to say that in public from Laporta, now other top coaches will look for an another job and don't wait for Barca.

Agreed. Laporta again with his big mouth.
Wouldn't be surprised if we get "blind sighted" like with Busquets or Dembele departures and then scramble to look for manager in May.

Porque

Xavi seemed pretty set in his decision to leave when speaking to Henry in English. I think he is probably set on leaving.

If he wins the Champions League then that is the perfect exit. With the short term lack of signing power, the only way after that is down. Xavi will know that, while his stock will be sky high to return to Arabia and get bigger money than the competitiveness of English football.

As for Laporta, absolute politician. He is just saying what sounds right. Same with Messi and the cringe worthy shirt hug.

khaled_a_d

If he wins the Champions League then that is the perfect exit. With the short term lack of signing power, the only way after that is down. Xavi will know that, while his stock will be sky high to return to Arabia and get bigger money than the competitiveness of English football.

Nah, Xavi will stay in Europe for years and will wait for a good offer tbh.
Barring an embarrassing exit from CL, he will sooner or later get that offer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi's entire schtick have been that the squad is relaxed and more focused after he announced his decision to leave.
Would make no sense if he goes back on his decision even if we somehow win the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans