Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

WTF does Laporta have inside his head?
Someone should tell him that picking a coach is not a roulette or poker game.
You don't take blind shots until you get it right FFS!
What on earth did Barca supporters vote for in 2021?

PS: don't get me wrong.
I value Motta a lot, and he has already shown in Seria A much more than Xavi ever had at Qatar.
But Barca is a club that should always aim for the best professional in every department, and have a solid SD department to make those calls. Not a megalomaniac presi pulling blind shots following his personal obsessions, with no plan whatsoever
Thiago Motta isn't a 'Barca DNA' manager at all, in fact, his style is really polar opposite to that. I feel that the media and Barca institution might see him like that just because he played for us but really he doesn't embody that style.
One of the things with him is he does not tolerate nonsense at all from his players. Anyone slacking or not putting in enough effort goes straight to the bench or even left out of squad completely as happened numerous times in his time at Spezia, I actually recommended him after this season with Spezia because his personality is impressive. He's very confident, assertive and most of all hard-working. Completely dedicated to football and a really admirable character, he also takes responsibility. If he came here, it would certainly be with the caveats that he is taking no shit from the board and certainly won't have anything imposed on him by the players. Likes of Lewa, Felix would probably be benched.

Tactically, he's probably more defensive, but also likes to keep possession, he also values physicality and intensity a lot in his teams. The main thing is he's adaptable depending on the players he has and has set up good 5 atb and 4 atb sides. He tries to put the players in context that fits their characteristics, he isn't really an ideologue. He understands advanced tactical concepts well and has set up some very unique roles for players, many times he has moved players to positions they haven't played before and they have done good, showing that he has a great tactical eye and can evaluate a player's skills well.
I think if we fail to get one of the top options (Klopp, Inzaghi?) then absolutely we should hire him. We need to give him time however. ~

Unlike Xavi, I think his understanding of the game is really special and he is one of those people where, when you hear them speak about life and football, and understand their personality and character, you know they are going to make it to the top. He has an intuitive understanding of management and tactical skills required to set up a functioning team.

Last edited:

BJJ

Thiago Motta isn't a 'Barca DNA' manager at all, in fact, his style is really polar opposite to that. I feel that the media and Barca institution might see him like that just because he played for us but really he doesn't embody that style.
One of the things with him is he does not tolerate nonsense at all from his players. Anyone slacking or not putting in enough effort goes straight to the bench or even left out of squad completely as happened numerous times in his time at Spezia, I actually recommended him after this season with Spezia because his personality is impressive. He's very confident, assertive and most of all hard-working. Completely dedicated to football and a really admirable character, he also takes responsibility. If he came here, it would certainly be with the caveats that he is taking no shit from the board and certainly won't have anything imposed on him by the players. Likes of Lewa, Felix would probably be benched.

Tactically, he's probably more defensive, but also likes to keep possession, he also values physicality and intensity a lot in his teams. The main thing is he's adaptable depending on the players he has and has set up good 5 atb and 4 atb sides. He tries to put the players in context that fits their characteristics, he isn't really an ideologue.
That's all good but will he stick to his principles?
You know that idiot Laporta will insist on his Cruyffuan 433 and champagne football.
ATM Barca fan expectations are pretty low so the fans won't be an issue.

BJJ

Sell Pedri for 120 mil while he still has the value and perception in his favour.

Get a proper new manager.

Where's Barca's scouting department? Shocking recruitment team.

All the right pieces of the puzzle are out there in the market. You have to identify and get those gems. They don't even cost a bomb.

Use that 120 mil to buy Cancelo, a DM, a goalscoring mid.
120 million 😆

We will be lucky to get 70 million for him.

ajnotkeith

That's all good but will he stick to his principles?
You know that idiot Laporta will insist on his Cruyffuan 433 and champagne football.
ATM Barca fan expectations are pretty low so the fans won't be an issue.
See this is the thing. If any offer was made to him and it included something like this he would reject immediately. He is not that kind of guy who would be undermined just to have a job at Barca, he wants control the project.
Equally if it spontaenously happened during his tenure he would probably resign. At Spezia it was rumoured part of the reason for his exit there despite having a good season is the board put pressure on him to play certain valuable players who he had removed from the squad due to lack of discipline. Not wanting to compromise on his technical decisions caused the split.

At Barca, despite the fact it is a big opportunity, I don't think he will compromise there either, he already rejected Napoli also. For those reasons I think he might not accept an offer if it includes board interference in the style of play or the project.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca job isn't as stressfull these days as most fans and media have accepted that this Barca wont compete for a the CL and no longer hold dominance over la liga.

Xavi is coming up on 3 years here and he's a bottom of the barrel manager.

"We competed" - Barcelona manager, Xavi Hernandez

That sums it up about the pressure.

Total-Football

Holy motherfuck pig shit ! Have u seen his latest conference for tomorrow s game ? Hahahahahahaha.. this dude done lost his marbles completely and irreversably. Here are some bullets points.

- Said team is very competitive and is doing fine. And if he had won against belbao no body would have criticized.

- Bitched about being criticized a lot unfairly.

- Said that Pep spent 4 years and Luis Enrique 3 and he (xavi) 2.5 years.. alluding that even if he is sacked or replaced his cycle is normal for a barca manager (lmao)

- I saved the best for last.. He said that at Barcelona people get appreciated after having departed and he named dropped, I kid you not, Valverde, Koeman, mister unique skillset Buskets.

ahahahaha basically dude criticized people for criticizing the dinosaur who overstayed at least 3 years.

Xavi is out of touch with reality completely. This club by the looks of it is finished.

BJJ

He will be here till the end of the season unless we're in danger of not making CL. Than he will go for sure.
I feel angry and a bit sad too. Angry cause we wasted two seasons and he was too inexperienced when he came here. Sad cause a genuine legend has sullied his name. Anyway we move.

JohnN

why not try Klopp. every one knows Xavi isn't as good as klopp, it would be a great opportunity to finally get a proven coach

mc_lovin

why not try Klopp. every one knows Xavi isn't as good as klopp, it would be a great opportunity to finally get a proven coach
It's a delusional fantasy. At the very least he will take a year off - he said something about wanting to try a normal life for once.

JohnN

It's a delusional fantasy. At the very least he will take a year off - he said something about wanting to try a normal life for once.
Perhaps thar is even better. get another coach for a season while our youngsters grow and make a deal with Klopp for next season, when he will be fresh. it doesn't have to me 2024-2025.

mc_lovin

Which self-respecting coach would do the job for 1 year?

Just keep Xavi, who I am still fully on board with, and try to get Klopp later. Another interim manager makes zero sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans