Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

I mean, people here are quick to criticise, but I think we have gone beyond the sample size needed to determine whether it is luck or not that our defense is that good. It's not really luck. It's something else.

Our sense of defense and attack is very good and we attack and defend as a unit. Whenever Madrid got the ball in our half we instantly had 8 or 9 people in the box defending the space and they could almost never find their way through. When we get the ball, we progress up the field carefully and make sure not to lose it so that we don't get caught out of position. Don't take many risks and we give the attackers and midfielders limited freedom to limit ball losses, and mainly rely on automatisms in attack to produce goals. Conservatism at the best.

The end result is a less than ideal attack but a very good defense. We are very positionally sound most of the time and don't make many mistakes.
Madrid are the opposite. They spill their cards in attack and allow the most freedom possible for their attackers, allowing many ball losses and for them to be mispositioned all the time, and it results in them getting picked off on counters plenty.

We match them really well.

ajnotkeith

Can see it with the selection of players... other than Dembele all the players he picks are associative guys who don't lose the ball and position themselves well.
We are a 'defend with the ball' team. Trying to keep sterile possession and bring the opponent forward to create openings.

Horatio

You're welcome
Next Clasico is gonna be quite similar too. Whoever team plays the big moments better will win. The teams, if Madrid don't get a Benzema replacement in time, are quite evenly matched in Clasicos.
Without proper 9 i think we are slight favourites. Even though I thought Madrid dominated for large spells yesterday.
I think once gundogan eases in we are dominating la liga.

And bro...."whoever team plays the big moments better will win".....come on...

BJJ

Can someone please explain why we can match Madrid in intensity but when it comes to actual European ties we can't match the intensity of an Eintracht or Utd?

Last edited:

BJJ

No you didn't, you were in hiding after completely embarrassing yourself on your last account.

Your rep was in the gutter, then you tried changing your name like a donkey
Haha. You fucking douche.

I admitted it right from the start.

Move along , you have some LGBQTIA ++ parade to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans