Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] [MENTION=16041]FinBarcelonafan[/MENTION]

United have been rebuilding for a decade. They have 10 more, actually usable players, than us in their squad.
They have of plenty fast wingers, we only have Dembele who didn't play. We would have an advantage at midfield with Pedri and Gavi but both were missing. We played with Kessie and Bob. BOB. What did you expect?
Xavi is to blame for the first game, surely, but this one, there were no options. Who do you bring on? Fati? Ferran? No one can do nothing except our first 11. The rest are dogshit.

Dude, I don't wanna be rude to you
But you should try to realize Xavi's defeatist attitude first of all, instead of piling up excuses for him

The guy didn't make subs until we were behind. ETH made a sub at minute 45 and kept making even after they equalized.
This mentality is Barca mentality

ajnotkeith

[MENTION=15353]JohnN[/MENTION] has a point, they have a very deep squad and experienced manager. Their bench players like Dalot, Garnacho, Antony could easily replace the likes of Kounde, Raphinha, and Ferran/Fati. Their coach also has a lot more experience at the highest stages. Let's not overlook these facts.

You're saying Garnacho, an 18 year old who got into the first team a few months ago and has started like 1 senior game in his career, is better to have than Raphinha (a Brazil starter who cost 60m and had many top clubs after him).

With that comparison you've perfectly shown the managerial difference. The fact you think those two players are even similar in level shows how much more ETH got out of his players.

Neeraj

It's a pity, you have some people in the world who will stand by their ludicrous takes and decisions, just to not look wrong. There's some Xavi apologists on this forum who will come up with the most asinine commentary to somehow make Xavi's decisions look good or less bad, even when literally every single thing he does in Europe is trash. Gets knocked out of r32 in EUROPE LEAGUE after spending a shit load of money and being given full say in transfers.

Has shown no nous or managerial acumen since taking over; except for getting past Cadiz and Osasunas of the world 1-0, 1-0 with a squad that costs 100x the opposition. Lost basically every big/important game he comes across.

Hypothetical - we continue with our 1-0 parade and win this (piss poor) league. Does anybody think this is the guy who can take us forward in Europe in the coming years, even if we write off the past 2 seasons? :lol:

Last edited:

Alik

A decent coach would get more out of his players period. We are not the greatest side, true, but besides Dembele who is the player that he has improved so far? N.O.N.E.

Busquets, Balde, De Jong, MATS, Araujo, Christensen

JamDav1982

Repeat again... last 10 European games.. only beat Plzen and rained goals in at the back.

Xavi been out done time and again at this level.

omidferoz

Only reason we are leading in la Liga is because teams can't score. La Liga has dropped massively in quality, so even though Xavi wins it, he should not be given another year. It's so easy to see that he is not cut out for it. If the opportunity for Tuchel arrives we should take it. I wish we could go for a proven coach for once.

JohnN

Xavi has spent 200m and bought a 34 yr old striker who has no pace and two wide players that are not the type to be a threat when left 1v1.

That is on him when the one pacey player goes down and Barca havs fuck all else when spend 150m+ on attacking players.

Fucking Auba was a bigger threat against better teams than this.

I fucking said it about Auba. I don't get the Lewa transfer. Why get a 34yo player to play pure 9 in Barca? And play like shit on top of that.
Should just have kept Lukk and spam crosses. I guarantee we would have a better chance.

If Xavi is responsible for selections like Kessie, Raphinia, Ferran, then he has big big blame. If not, I would give him the benefit of the doubt, since the team is not good enough. I have been saying they are not good enough from the start, NO MATTER how much they cost.

serghei

Dude, I don't wanna be rude to you
But you should try to realize Xavi's defeatist attitude first of all, instead of piling up excuses for him

The guy didn't make subs until we were behind. ETH made a sub at minute 45 and kept making even after they equalized.
This mentality is Barca mentality

:lol:

ETH put in an 100m attacker from the bench.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He plays every game as if its La Liga. Good teams in Europe put in way more pressure and are way more attacking, composed and spontaneous. Thats why Real Madrid do so well, they know how to play against completely different teams in different ways and timing when it comes to holding the ball, passing first time, runs etc we just play as if its vs Athletic Bilbao or Osasuna. Needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans