Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

No excuses if we dont win the league. Dont care about united and europa.

But lucho is available.

Xavi needs to complete his apprenticeship in the B-team or at a small serie A/La Liga team. Madness that a rookie without ANY experience takes over at one of the largest clubs. I see now why Laporta had such strong reservations.

Porque

Xavi needs to complete his apprenticeship in the B-team or at a small serie A/La Liga team. Madness that a rookie without ANY experience takes over at one of the largest clubs. I see now why Laporta had such strong reservations.

His apprenticeship is with the first team whether we like it or not. And so far he is progressing faster than forum favourite Arteta, albeit in a weaker league (though with mich more pressure!).

I reckon we stick with Xavi even with a 2nd place finish and getting knocked out of Uefa by Man UTD and a flop in La Copa.

Don't even think LE will do much better considering his selections in Spain and Barca last season too.

Meanwhile Laporta played his only card (palancas) and it seems he is all out of ideas and energy for anything else.

Tough times ahead. We're going to have to sell players we don't really want to and renew others we don't really want to just to get closer to the salary cap. And that will still leave us with no to minimal spending for squad improvement.

We will probably no even be able to give a solid player like Marcus Thuram a competitive salary offer (,though I doubt Xavi would use him well anyways.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

His apprenticeship is with the first team whether we like it or not. And so far he is progressing faster than forum favourite Arteta, albeit in a weaker league (though with mich more pressure!).

I reckon we stick with Xavi even with a 2nd place finish and getting knocked out of Uefa by Man UTD and a flop in La Copa.

Don't even think LE will do much better considering his selections in Spain and Barca last season too.

Meanwhile Laporta played his only card (palancas) and it seems he is all out of ideas and energy for anything else.

Tough times ahead. We're going to have to sell players we don't really want to and renew others we don't really want to just to get closer to the salary cap. And that will still leave us with no to minimal spending for squad improvement.

We will probably no even be able to give a solid player like Marcus Thuram a competitive salary offer (,though I doubt Xavi would use him well anyways.

Lol, yeah. Let's keep doing the same shit and hope for a different result. If we don't reach at least semis of EL and win La Liga Xavi should be dumped. If we can't even win a second tier European competition HOW THE FUCK CAN WE CALL OURSELVES A BIG CLUB??? I mean the fanbase is not expecting to get past a mediocre Utd who have been in the wilderness for almost 10 years. Winning a league which is probably 4th best in Europe is not really any consolation. Also Xavi was pretty much given every player he wanted which is a luxury in the current circumstances.

Gnidrologist

Many. I don't think there's real good alternatives to Xavi and we have worse squad quality wise than we (including me) assumed after last transfer window. This Barca is mediocre for it's standards tbh. Not to mention Biskvits problem.

ajnotkeith

Busquets being undisputed starter and centerpiece of the team has always been Xavi's choice.

He has other options or configurations of the midfield, could have spent some money on a DM last summer when we all saw how finished Busquets was, he can switch to a double pivot, but no, Busquets is the star of this team and he is begging him to renew now.

ajnotkeith

Would be difficult to do worse than 2nd place and no trophies given the squad Barca have in comparison to rest of LL and EL teams.

I think even Zidane82 could achieve that hypothetically assuming he was a respected ex footballer like Xavi who the players would respect and listen to.

The only way that would be somehow acceptable is if he's moving the team's style of play in a positive and modern direction but his tactics are very simple and basic - high line and spam in crosses to the superstar 9, whilst centering the whole team around Busquets and his archaic playstyle and looking for a like for like replacement...

Given that if we aren't achieving any results why should we keep him?

JamDav1982

If they get defeated by Man U, win nothing and finish second the only reason Xavi stays is because they have no plan on any alternative.

No other Barca coach would get away with x4 European Exits at early stage across x 2 seasons while failing in both domestic cups across those two seasons also... Granted cant put first CL exit all on him but had two games to try and win on.. one v home to Benfica.

Porque

I wonder what top manager would jump in when there is no money for transfer improvements, with the elephant in the room being that Lewa will be turning 36 next season and could drop off steeply at any time.

We don't even know how much the cap has to contract In the summer too. We might have to sell Frenkie and Pedri/Gavi. Let's put that at a modest 140m, with 4:1 giving us only a quarter of that to spend (not forgetting wages).

Just an unnecessarily damaging task when you add In conventional wisdoms like "Barca DNA" and the Catalan press vs foreign coaches, for Pocchetino and Tuchel to take.

EDIT
Just want to add that it's not all doom. Xavi has a squad he that fits the image he wanted and he has to get the best out of them. Currently sits top of the table and could very well get the lesser treble. Then in the summer add a few decent kinks like Kamada and Thuram with a solid DMC and RB (Mazroaui looks a poor one not to close in hindsight prioritizing on Azpi).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans