Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Dish up quotes for what?

What of those you claiming never said?

This season you said the talent of Puig deserved same game time as Gavi/Nico to be treated fairly etc.

Were giving off about Laporta seeing the talent of Puig and last season were arguing for him to start over Busi.

Dude, I was advocating for Puig to play more minutes as a squad player. That's it. Gavi and Nico were barely starting back when the claim was made. Nico is playing badly for months so... not really doing good for your argument.

JamDav1982

Dude, I was advocating for Puig to play more minutes as a squad player. That's it. Gavi and Nico were barely starting back when the claim was made. Nico is playing badly for months so... not really doing good for your argument.

Yes as I said you claimed Puig should be on similar minutes across the season to Gavi/Nico to be treated fairly for a player of his talents as I said.

When you said it Gavi had been through preseason and starred for Spain after 10/15 games for Barca. Stop with your shite about Gavi/Nico 'barely starting' as if couldnt see thier level being above Puig.. well you couldnt but others could.

This was just before Xavi took over the job.

Textbook Serghie mental gymnastics trying to argue 'what I really said was..'

Last edited:

serghei

Yes as I said you claimed Puig should be on similar minutes across the season to Gavi/Nico to be treated fairly for a player of his talents as I said.

OK, sharing some minutes with some other youngsters, one of which was barely 17 at the time, is different than saying he should start over Busi. This was also in the context that you can't overplay 17-year-olds all year, as we saw at the time what happened with Pedri due to overplaying.

I got his minutes wrong. But always saw him as a squad player, not as a starter.

JamDav1982

OK, sharing minutes with some other youngsters, one of which was barely 17 at the time is different than saying he should start over Busi.

Nope... sharing minutes with other players like Gavi who had played for Spain so the excuse of 'I said that before rated Gavi and could see after a few games how good he was'. Is nonsense.

By time Gavi had played 15 games after a strong pre season and starred for Spain you still thought Puig desreved same minutes or Xavi would be treating him unfairly.

Anyway that was easy.

You were arguing for him starting over Busi last season and moving FDJ to DM.

serghei

Nope... sharing minutes with other players like Gavi who had played for Spain so the excuse of 'I said that before rated Gavi and could see after a few games how good he was'. Is nonsense.

Anyway that was easy.

You were arguing for him starting over Busi last season and moving FDJ to DM.

Ah, yes, it always is very easy in hindsight. As you well know.

Are you still very confident Ferran Torres will be very good for us?

JamDav1982

Ah, yes, it always is very easy in hindsight. As you well know.

No the easy part was proving you said it and what actually claimed to how you rated Puig alongside Gavi in being deserving of minutes just before Xavi got job.

You are one that claimed didnt.

serghei

No the easy part was proving you said it and what actually claimed to how you rated Puig alongside Gavi in being deserving of minutes.

You are one that claimed didnt.

I already told you I was wrong on the minutes played estimate. Other than that... not sure exactly what you mean. Never saw him as a starter, never thought he was better than Gavi or Pedri or some shit like that.

In fact, I saw him as main Pedri's sub mostly. I even said I saw him starting 6 or 7 games all season as you probably remember. So, again, mostly as a bench player.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I already told you I was wrong on the minutes played estimate. Other than that... not sure exactly what you mean. Never saw him as a starter, never thought he was better than Gavi or Pedri or some shit like that.

In fact, I saw him as main Pedri's sub mostly.

It is not about being 'wrong' and yes we have established you were wrong in rating Puig on same level as Gavi and it was after Gavi had played for Spain even.

Never claimed you saw him as a starter this season... I am saying last season you were arguing for Puig to be in team ahead of Busi and FDJ at DM as if that would be an upgrade at time and when trying to find some way to argue Puig should play more.

serghei

It is not about being 'wrong' and yes we have established you were wrong in rating Puig on same level as Gavi and it was after Gavi had played for Spain even.

Never claimed you saw him as a starter this season... I am saying last season you were arguing for Puig to be in team ahead of Busi and FDJ at DM as if that would be an upgrade at time and when trying to find some way to argue Puig should play more.

The rating part is your own interpretation. Never said Puig is better, or the same level as Gavi. So, you're wrong here.

JamDav1982

The rating part is your own interpretation. Never said Puig is better, or the same level as Gavi.

You rated them as deserving of same minutes. Simple.

Tried to lie and say it was early doors before you rated Gavi as only played a few games when made the claim after Gavi had played for Spain.

More fool you if didnt rate Gavi higher by then.

Stop tying yourself in knots.

I don't know what you're talking about. My position on Puig was that he was gonna play more under Xavi, and be a good squad player. He wasn't. That's all. Nothing of the sort of him being our best midfielder or anything similar.

And that was even before Gavi was a thing.

serghei

You rated them as deserving of same minutes. Simple.

Tried to lie and say it was early doors before you rated Gavi as only played a few games when made the claim after Gavi had played for Spain.

More fool you if didnt rate Gavi higher by then.

Stop tying yourself in knots.

I don't know what you're talking about. My position on Puig was that he was gonna play more under Xavi, and be a good squad player. He wasn't. That's all. Nothing of the sort of him being our best midfielder or anything similar.

And that was even before Gavi was a thing.

For Xavi to be fair to a player of Puigs ability what minutes/starts should he expect and role in team?

About 6-7 starts per season and 20-30 min or so regularly from the bench.

So, about 1500-2000 mins for the first season, and then we can reassess his situation based on performances.

Role should be squad player, but not clear starter. Should play as a sub for Pedri, and should basically take over all of Coutinho's minutes as AM.

This settles it?

SQUAD PLAYER. Role should be a sub for Pedri. :facepalm:

Can this be any clearer of my rating of Puig?

My estimation of him was that he'd get a few starts here and there, and regularly appear from the bench, as Pedri's sub. A far cry from what you try to imply.

JamDav1982

Nope none of that is relevant as never claimed you said Puig should be starter this season. You tried that one last season.

This season you claimed Puig should be getting same minutes as likes of Gavi.

Now try to pass that off as before 'Gavi was a thing' or when Gavi had only played a few games..when in fact he had played for Spain by then and that was the Gavi you rated Puig alongside on deserving minutes.

I told you when you said 1500-2000 minutes as a back up he wont get those minutes with likes of Gavi and Nico around as they are better than him.... you proceeded to value all three as deserving of similar minutes.

Backing up my point.

serghei

Nope none of that is relevant as never claimed you said Puig should be starter this season. You tried that one last season.

This season you claimed Puig should be getting same minutes as likes of Gavi.

Now try to pass that off as before 'Gavi was a thing' or when Gavi had only played a few games..when in fact he had played for Spain by then and that was the Gavi you rated Puig alongside on deserving minutes.

I told you when you said 1500-2000 minutes as a back up he wont get those minutes with likes of Gavi and Nico around as they are better than him.... you proceeded to value all three as deserving of similar minutes.

Backing up my point.

Incorrect.

Here is the reason for the bit about playing time.

You could mix it up a bit. For example, if you have a problem in offense with some injured player, I'd rather play someone like Gavi or Puig as a RW, than someone like Roberto or that disaster-class Coutinho. If you are to improvise.

Maybe it's not going to be even split for everybody. Maybe we think Busi is gonna be out but he ends up playing better. But the main thing is you have to use the squad better. Koeman didn't do it. Failed to use Puig and Pjanic when both could have contributed more and instead we lost steam right near the end, which caused us to lose the title vs some mediocre teams.

So, not that they are as good, but that it's better not to overplay the same players, but distribute minutes between them. As to not see the same scenario where a player is played to death at a young age, or that you end up with a squad out of breath near the end of the season. Which kind of happened actually.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No I am 100% correct.

When Koeman was sacked you were saying Puig deserves same minutes as Gavi or would be treated unfairly.

Simple.

Then trying desperately find ways to fit Puig in once told he wont be getting 1500-2000 minutes a season as a back up to Pedri when there are better players in squad is just more reason how wrong it was to even claim those scenarios were realistic.

Stop lying about it being before Gavi was 'a thing'.

Busi was never going to be dropped.. despite you claiming Xavi was playing lip service when was saying how much he rates him before got job.

Usual Serghie mental gymnastics to back out of shit claimed.

Too easy. Nice try.

Are you arguing Xavi ran the squad into ground and should have played Puig more? Brilliant.

Last edited:

serghei

No I am 100% correct.

When Koeman was sacked you were saying Puig deserves same minutes as Gavi or would be treated unfairly.

Simple.

Then trying desperately find ways to fit Puig in once told he wont be getting 1500-2000 minutes a season as a back up to Pedri when there are better players in squad is just more reason how wrong it was to even claim those scenarios were realistic.

Stop lying about it being before Gavi was 'a thing'.

Incorrect.

Never said anything about being treated unfairly.

That was you who framed it that way. Not my choice of words. But then I expect nothing less from you than to just omit things from the conversation as it suits you.

What happened is this, one last time.

I overestimated how many minutes Puig would play. I considered him a good bench player that would mostly play 20-30 mins from the bench, and start vs weaker teams to rest the better players. It's all there in the post, quite clearly put.

The same, it was you said I rate Puig to be as good as Gavi.

All players are different more or less but they are still judged and picked ahead of one another for various reasons.

You rate Puig on a level with Gavi and Nico and think should get equal minutes at around 1500 a season.

I did not agree with this intentional simplification. Meaning that Puig would be used as a rotation player. That scenario didn't happen because in the winter we made 3 offensive signings: Ferran, Aubameyang, and Adama, so Puig would no longer get minutes in the offense.

You could mix it up a bit. For example, if you have a problem in offense with some injured player, I'd rather play someone like Gavi or Puig as a RW, than someone like Roberto or that disaster-class Coutinho. If you are to improvise.

Maybe it's not going to be even split for everybody. Maybe we think Busi is gonna be out but he ends up playing better. But the main thing is you have to use the squad better. Koeman didn't do it. Failed to use Puig and Pjanic when both could have contributed more and instead we lost steam right near the end, which caused us to lose the title vs some mediocre teams.

Note who says anything about rating Puig on a level with Gavi. Or anything about being treated unfairly if not x, or y. Not me. You. You keep going on with me rating them equally, I keep saying things about rotation, rest, possibility of injuries, that would allow Puig to play more.

In the end... :lol: you basically put words into my mouth that were in your own posts even before I said anything. Textbook JamDav. Don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans