Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

Barca's rebuild won't be messed up by Xavi, in worst case delayed. Barca's downfall might be giving Xavi too much time however.

He came up with a system which yielded positive results but is now figured out. He needs to show vision, flexibility, and mature decisions regarding transfer targets must be made. If he can't adapt, the club will have to get rid of him and go for an experienced coach.

Jadentheman

United and Barca are nothing alike. United has a lot of money, and Barca are basically limited to youngsters, cheapo loans, and B grade free agents for the near future with very few exceptions. How can you compare the two when the basic commodity that is at the base of football is night and day different?

Some of you guys are completely unrealistic. We have no other choice than to develop the youngsters, try to get the most out of the aging veterans, and bring in decent free agents who aren't demanding too much. Try to do all that while staying competitive, and hopefully turn the finances around. Looking at shit in the world we are all heading for a financial crisis though...

That's it, and we're doing all of these decently well so far. Things could be better of course, but also way worse.

But this forum just likes to pretend we will sign likes of Haaland, Rudiger and the likes.

All you need is to make bets on potential superstars. Barca is already ahead with likes of Fati, Gavi and Pedri. But it would be wise to get one right before they go "viral" in a sense. Think Mbappe 2018, Ronaldinho 2002. Find those superstars and have them peak at Barcelona. Value goes up overnight. But best do it now. WC 2022 will reveal, hype up and price up more potential superstars/wunderkinds.

There's feeder leagues all over the world, have a good scouting system.

Last edited:

serghei

All you need is to make bets on potential superstars. Barca is already ahead with likes of Fati, Gavi and Pedri. But it would be wise to get one right before they go "viral" in a sense. Think Mbappe 2018, Ronaldinho 2002. Find those superstars and have them peak at Barcelona. Value goes up overnight. But best do it now. WC 2022 will reveal, hype up and price up more potential superstars/wunderkinds.

There's feeder leagues all over the world, have a good scouting system.

Potential superstars is fine. But are you seeing people willing to wait 3-4 years for that? Lol, they are out for blood after one month of bad results. After scoring 4 past our 2 rivals prior to that even.

Teams that develop youngsters aren't known to win much.

Building a top team from the ground up with no money takes A LOT of time.

We don't need 100m superstar, but we probably don't have money even to sign some 4-5 solid players for 30-35m.

30-35 is basically average price for a good player you have to develop.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Media are guessing and scrambling for stuff to report but some of these rumors I am reading is making me scared. Talk about Azpi, Marcos Alonso being requested as vital for his plan. If true I dont want to know the rest of this "masterplan".

Devils

Cant lie It?s looking pretty BLEAK for FC Barcelona.

Xavi?s tactics have basically dwindled down to have possession and get the ball to the wings and then cross, cross. Then you have 60m statues like Ferran Torres who doesn?t look to have the basic attributes of a footballer.

Realistically, we probably won?t be competing for anything relevant next season either if there isn?t a drastic change at this club!

jamrock

It's not as doom & gloom as some think it is, someone of these people are the same people that were super hyped a few weeks ago.

We definitely have some key issues to fix, key among them, xavi's cross ball tactics, but I think with a few smart signings we will be able to push for la liga next season.

Europe is still 2-3 years away unless fati becomes WC & we are all wrong about Torres.

freetocan

I am so satisfied after watching Villarreal- Liverpool game today. Such a nice game!. We are so far far away from these teams Liverpool, Man City and Real Madrid.....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should at the bare minimum compete for the league next season. If we don't win it better be in the very end and not like this.

He cannot have any excuses considering it sounds like he'll get a couple of his "key" signings he has personally requested like Azpi.

Barcilliant

We should at the bare minimum compete for the league next season. If we don't win it better be in the very end and not like this.

He cannot have any excuses considering it sounds like he'll get a couple of his "key" signings he has personally requested like Azpi.

😆 @Azpi being a key signing. What a joke. Do we even have a scouting department? Oh yeah,we do. It's headed up by some joker who is Decos friend.

freetocan

Our scouting department has not done anything notable for so many years. It is just insignificant, very poor at least. Not sure why they are paid!

FinBarcelonafan

You are expecting too much in a situation where we are still broke. We are not United with stupid money to blow up every off-season and with every new coach.

For now we have to take Chelsea rejects, btw who are still twice the players our current ones are. Azpi is way better than what we have now and versatile. I have no problem signing him. Offers good mentality too.

Alonso I agree. He can be real dumbass and sometimes make a great play out of nowhere, but personally I would stay away from such a slow player.

Wingers and RB/LB should be our fastest players. No more Alves/Alonso type please.

But yes, the scouting comes off as lazy. Sign any player they know. Heck, if you watch Spanish National team, you could be the head scout for Xavi :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans