Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

freetocan

Just read a report that Bayern is interested to transfer Sebastian Haller from Ajax. The transfer fee is just $40 mill euro and he is asking just $10mil euro per season. Exceptional striker for such bargain price. Bayern will take him if Lewandoski is sold to Barca for $60 mill euro but attention... Lena is asking $30 mill per season salary.
Just wondering, why Barca would not be interested in Haller instead Lewandoski. Haller is much younger and cheaper than Lewandowski.
Xavi chosen Ferran Torres for $65 mil euro which is useles...just for comparison, and this show how bad acquisition management Barca has.

serghei

0 patience.

At least give him a summer to react to this mess we are in.

I am sure the club will have patience with him. Despite the forum's usual meltdown I think the club is realistic about our current posibilities.

Besides, Klopp finished 8th in his first half season, and Liverpool were in a better situation than us. These things take time.

He has to make the correct decisions in the summer, as much as we can due to the bad finances.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Criticism of him is fair and warranted more and more with each game he completely mishandles.

But the sheer toxicity and knee-jerk reactions of posters who remain hidden in the shadows when things are well, and then come out of the woodworks spewing vitriol and acting like Nostradamus-merchants is a Barcaforum and a Barca fanbase special.

United and Milan have had it far, far worse than us over the last 10 years and they aren't melting down to this extent.

serghei

Criticism of him is fair and warranted more and more with each game he completely mishandles.

But the sheer toxicity and knee-jerk reactions of posters who remain hidden in the shadows when things are well, and then come out of the woodworks spewing vitriol and acting like Nostradamus-merchants is a Barcaforum and a Barca fanbase special.

United and Milan have had it far, far worse than us over the last 10 years and they aren't melting down to this extent.

This is probably the reason many top users left the forum.

Imagine 2-3 years of this shit or until we are able to properly rebuild our team.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Bobo and I have been critical of Xavi during the "we beat RM (without Benz lmao) we're back" honeymoon phase. Luck (which I underestimated), poor opposition, and the pre-winter transfer forced musical chairs didn't fool us. But Bobo and I were the most wrong as we were a couple of Xavi's biggest proponents to become our coach. If I knew Xavi's personality off the pitch and the football art he created as a player then I probably could've seen this coming. I assume the best in people especially our GOATS until they show otherwise. Solskjaer failed because he either didn't have the tactical vision or the ability to implement his vision, but he had faith in his players. The opposite is true for Xavi. Ironically amazed how well Xavi's been able to implement these no-faith tactics, it's up to the players to realize how rubbish they are and take action on their own. Of course that could lead to them getting Puiged.

Most of the posters here claimed Pedri as the world's best mid during our winning streak with Gavi not far behind when it was clearly obvious there some serious flaws with them both. Can't remember the exact words but Xavi praising Pedri similarly was another sign of trouble.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Bobo and I have been critical of Xavi during the "we beat RM (without Benz lmao) we're back" honeymoon phase. Luck (which I underestimated), poor opposition, and the pre-winter transfer forced musical chairs didn't fool us. But Bobo and I were the most wrong as we were a couple of Xavi's biggest proponents to become our coach. If I knew Xavi's personality off the pitch and the football art he created as a player then I probably could've seen this coming. I assume the best in people especially our GOATS until they show otherwise. Solskjaer failed because he either didn't have the tactical vision or the ability to implement his vision, but he had faith in his players. The opposite is true for Xavi. Ironically amazed how well Xavi's been able to implement these no-faith tactics, it's up to the players to realize how rubbish they are and take action on their own. Of course that could lead to them getting Puiged.

Most of the posters here claimed Pedri as the world's best mid during our winning streak with Gavi not far behind when it was clearly obvious there some serious flaws with them both. Can't remember the exact words but Xavi praising Pedri similarly was another sign of trouble.

I am currently a bit less critical than you of Xavi, and was probably more assured than you that he'd be a success before he was appointed. I was also less critical than you when results were great, but I have never been entirely satisfied with or convinced by Xavi since his appointment it is true, I have always seen some worrying signs all the time, just as you.

As a player he relied on automatations and safety together with unseen vision and perfect technique. He was really great at deciding where to play and when, but he has not been able to teach it at all to his very talented midfielders yet. He was also a leader on the pitch, and a very stubborn and self-assured character. It seems these two things should go hand in hand to form the perfect manager for FC Barcelona right now, but instead he is taking the bad parts of these characteristics a lot of the time it seems. I still have faith in him, I think most of the time he speaks sensibly, but these last games has just been terrible, and with some decisions that really stand out from him on top. I think he has gotten it very right in some games too, with players connecting greatly and the team in complete control, but it has been too rare, and when Xavi doesn't get it right, it does look like he is holding his players back with his instructions.

---
Sid Lowe pointed out that Alves has been missing in the lost games lately, and argued that his mentality could be much needed currently. I think it is correct, both his calmness and forcefulness with the ball, and his energy and drive without the ball is lacking when he does not play. He is of course superior to the alternatives technically too.

Iniesta Ultra

Bobo I do feel extremely let down by him. If he were to begin teaching his players to play the way he did, which he's totally capable of on a technical level, we could have a really bright future. Like I posted earlier he can be better than Pep. We know Puig has the most potential to emulate his level and we've already resigned to a future without him unless he's able to prove himself at another club when no other club in the world comes close to our former style. USA's best setter Lauren Plum who was as elite as they come, phenomenal in college, doing sets the top professional setters in the world never did (actually much closer to best male setters in the world Brazil's Ricardo and Bruno and Iran's Marouf) and she was Puiged on the national team. She ended up playing in the French league for a team with hitters who weren't good enough for her creativity and skill.

In full honesty I know following sports is my escape from the world although as a martial artist I appreciate the parallels and skills involved, but if there's no freedom or joy in the teams then it's only mimicking the sick world we live in.

Barcilliant

I never wanted Xavi and I stand by that. It's possible that he proves me completely wrong and goes onto become a great manager but it's unlikely. For whatever reason I don't see a real connection with the players and his lack of experience is really showing now. Instead of showing some humility and taking the B team job he fancied himself based on managing in the Qatari league. If he had done well in a lesser European league like the Austrian league I would give him the benefit of the doubt.
This is a club and team that needs to be handled by someone calm and experienced. Look at Ancelotti for example. Laporta the clown made a knee jerk, emotional decision in hiring him. Should have had a caretaker manager and looked at the options in the summer.

Jadentheman

And it sucks because I assure you had Laporta waited like he originally wanted, then Ten Hag probably would have been managing this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans