Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

They have better GK, better fullbacks(overall), CBs maybe we're even, midfield we have a bit of an edge on the starters(but their starters have experience in the biggest games) but they currently have likes of Camavinga and Valverde on bench, they have the better attack and a realiable match winner in Benzema.

So they are better right now. Imagine if they get Mbappe on a free and still have 100-200m to splash on other players. They might even get Pogba on a free.

Many in here are sold on the story that if we started the season with current squad and manager we would have been top of the table. Which is not true considering Real walked at their own pace without being pushed by anyone in the league.
You saw how strong Real are without Benzema and Mendy. Their squad isn't that strong, they just have some star players that carry their games. Mbappe would fit with that theme I guess.

I don't think Pogba would improve their midfield much. Maybe he finds another level but based on his last year he wouldn't be any better than what they have now.

malvolio

You saw how strong Real are without Benzema and Mendy. Their squad isn't that strong, they just have some star players that carry their games. Mbappe would fit with that theme I guess.

I don't think Pogba would improve their midfield much. Maybe he finds another level but based on his last year he wouldn't be any better than what they have now.

That game was not testament to the true power of the two squads. Sure, it at least showed that we can compete.

They missed Benzema, they weren't motivated like we were to prove something, they had other battles in CL. That day we got a bit lucky and they were a bit unlucky + Ancelotti fucking around with his tactics to gift us the second half.

They'll have more money to spend and more pulling power for likes of Mbappe or Haaland.

Messigician

Too many snakes in the club

After departing as Barcelona's CEO, Ferran Reverter warned Goldman Sachs not to invest in the Espai Bar?a project. Some board members are worried because the financing deal has not been closed yet.

? @diariARA

serghei

He is currently doing an absolutely massive coaching performance then, because he is on a better point per game than Real Madrid and probably every other club as well since taking over. I expect and predict that things will look better rather than worse next season, with some signings and some time, while both Madrid clubs for example might very well be worse rather than better next season.

He is doing a top job, but let's not pretend Madrid aren't taking it a bit easier in the league due to their massive points advantage. Next season, Madrid will either be focused, in which case with the players they have they will again be by far favorites, or they will have one of their infamous crap seasons. They often follow a successful domestic season with a lazy one.

Been ages since Madrid won back-to-back leagues. Probably 2007 and 2008 if I remember well. And even then in 2007, we threw it away with the Tamudazo.

If by some chance Madrid fuck it up next season due to lack of focus, wasting easy points left and right, I expect us to win the league. We have to be ready to exploit any sign of weakness from our rivals. It's our only chance to grab a league title in these conditions. Waste nothing vs smaller sides, and hope Madrid aren't showing the same consistency. Because at their best, there's a gap between the teams. Madrid are better in every position nearly, bar two. De Jong will probably get through. Maybe Pedri if he gets consistent.

Otherwise, they own us. From Courtois who is miles better than Stegen, to the CBs, the fullbacks, to Vinicius and Benzema. If they sign Mbappe too, it's gonna be a monumental task to beat them for the league. Especially if we don't add a player of similar caliber (it's almost impossible, but hey, there's hoping).

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is doing a top job, but let's not pretend Madrid aren't taking it a bit easier in the league due to their massive points advantage. Next season, Madrid will either be focused, in which case with the players they have they will again be by far favorites, or they will have one of their crap seasons.

Been ages since Madrid won back-to-back leagues. Probably 2007 and 2008 if I remember well. And even then in 2007 we threw it away with the Tamudazo.

If by some chance Madrid fuck it up, I expect us to win the league. We have to be ready to exploit any sign of weakness from our rivals.

Unless we add proper quality to our team and plug some of the holes this team have they will walk the league next season too. Especially with the addition of Mbappe.

Teams will learn to stifle us which they are already doing and we simply do not have the quality to consistently get past that.

DonAK

Robert, Abidal and Bartomeu absolutely wrecked this squad with their poor signings and we're probably still going to pay for it for at least two more years.

serghei

Robert, Abidal and Bartomeu absolutely wrecked this squad with their poor signings and we're probably still going to pay for it for at least two more years.

Yea, seems so. I've already accepted this. We need Xavi to deliver on an insanely high level and we need a lot of luck with the next signings. It's improbable.

We've won a bucket load of league titles since the 90s though. Now it's our time to struggle in the league.

Madrid potentially getting Tchouameny and especially Mbappe over what they already have is worrying.

Last edited:

Messigician

Poor signings like FDJ, Araujo, Fati, Pedri?

Or do you like to pick and choose

How about I pick and choose are you happy with Torres right now? No? How about Garcia and Kessie?

Yeah real fkn happy

Laplacian

Poor signings like FDJ, Araujo, Fati, Pedri?

3 of those players are only good acquisitions based on the assumption that they might come really good in their prime. As of now, none of them are even close to being elite players. One can't even start 10 games a year, and the others aren't even good enough to beat Frankfurt.

DonAK

Yea, seems so. I've already accepted this. We need Xavi to deliver on an insanely high level and we need a lot of luck with the next signings. It's improbable.

We've won a bucket load of league titles since the 90s though. Now it's our time to struggle in the league.

Madrid potentially getting Tchouameny and especially Mbappe over what they already have is worrying.

Yeah.

Especially if they get a proper manager to develop those players and build a team. Ancelotti is not doing a horrible job results wise but he's not that guy.

DonAK

Only time it's worth replying to 'Gician is when he's being funny. His "real" opinions are consistently garbage.

Messigician

Why is coutinho lighting up the prem

Why is Dembele wanted by PSG who will pay him 20 MILLION NET

Why is Messi struggling out of the Barca system

The fact is the coaches we hired are shit

LET'S GO OVER THEM TOGETHER SHALL WE POST PEP LETS GO

TITO NA

Tata CRAP

Enrique GOOD

EV GREAT FINALLY

Setien CRAP

Koeman CRAP

Xavi CRAP

So in the past decade we have TWO COACHES WHO WERE GOOD ENOUGH ONLY TWO

You can criticize the players all you want the standards start at the top and trickle down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans