Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

Don't think I can agree with that.
And this is a rebuilding project, you need to have patience with the young players tbh.

Ok, but Alves shows movement, passing and attacking positioning, cutting in middle, combining fast with others and crossing. All that after months of not playing. Dest has shown nothing as good all his time here and he is regressing with each game. Not sure the right prospect to have patience with.

khaled_a_d

Ok, but Alves shows movement, passing and attacking positioning, cutting in middle, combining fast with others and crossing. All that after months of not playing. Dest has shown nothing as good all his time here and he is regressing with each game. Not sure the right prospect to have patience with.

He was a big liability against RM, he barely was able to make a forward attempt while being liability against Vinicious. Our best RB dealing with Vini this season was actually Dest.
I don't see the hype on current Alves at all, and if he was another player giving us exact same in last 3 games people would have destroyed him, but Alves has the nostalgia and legacy protection unlike Dest.
And it wasn't just Alves that Xavi rated higher, it is freakin Mingueza who is our worst player by awful margin

ajnotkeith

He was a big liability against RM, he barely was able to make a forward attempt while being liability against Vinicious. Our best RB dealing with Vini this season was actually Dest.
I don't see the hype on current Alves at all, and if he was another player giving us exact same in last 3 games people would have destroyed him, but Alves has the nostalgia and legacy protection unlike Dest.
And it wasn't just Alves that Xavi rated higher, it is freakin Mingueza who is our worst player by awful margin

Dest crushed opposition like Levante and Valencia as well (Out of position at winger), but people are only impressed when Alves did it to Granada

People are expecting Dest to be a world-class RB and he's not that, he's a prospect with potential, but don't ignore where he has played well too.
As well as being out of position basically the whole season.

It seems to me that Xavi blamed Dest after the Bayern loss and that is why he hasn't played since then.

ajnotkeith

He has had great games. You have airbrushed them out of your memory.

People are remembering how Dest played against Bayern but Alves would get subbed off at 30 minutes if he had to deal with Davies. Last Clasico, Dest was pretty good actually.

JohnN

He has had great games. You have airbrushed them out of your memory.

People are remembering how Dest played against Bayern but Alves would get subbed off at 30 minutes if he had to deal with Davies. Last Clasico, Dest was pretty good actually.

He had good games in the past. He only regressed with time.
If you believe in him it's ok, I just don't, and so doesn't Xavi it seems.

Porque

It is also possible that Xavi wants his FW (Morata) right now. As such they were pressuring Dest to take an exit to open up cap.

If we end the market with Dest still here, then perhaps Xavi will work him back into the lineup. Either as a second chance, or to build interest for the summer market (of which he can also stake his claim to stay).

ajnotkeith

It is also possible that Xavi wants his FW (Morata) right now. As such they were pressuring Dest to take an exit to open up cap.

If we end the market with Dest still here, then perhaps Xavi will work him back into the lineup. Either as a second chance, or to build interest for the summer market (of which he can also stake his claim to stay).

Apparently, we have given up on Morata and are going for a low cost option with the initials RM.

Rodrigo?? Roger Marti?

Pepsbarca

Alves is a short term solution for this year and he'll be a rotation option next year. Dest is not a long term solution to the RB position. He's simply not good enough.

Pepsbarca

Dest crushed opposition like Levante and Valencia as well (Out of position at winger), but people are only impressed when Alves did it to Granada

People are expecting Dest to be a world-class RB and he's not that, he's a prospect with potential, but don't ignore where he has played well too.
As well as being out of position basically the whole season.

It seems to me that Xavi blamed Dest after the Bayern loss and that is why he hasn't played since then.

Look at how Xavi is having the fullbacks play when we have possession. They are tucked in and are responsible for circulating the ball. Dest isn't suited to that role as a player.

Messigician

Catalan media destroy foreign fans including our own Barcaforum's Konan, Khaled, and Horatio

How do we respond bros?

.@Benayadachraf: "The Busquets hashtag is not spread by bots. It started yesterday in the Arab world."

.@moillorens: "Well those also asked for the signings of Seri, Seti?n, Dest, or the return of Neymar... good criteria they have..."

Horatio

You're welcome
Catalan media destroy foreign fans including our own Barcaforum's Konan, Khaled, and Horatio

How do we respond bros?

.@Benayadachraf: "The Busquets hashtag is not spread by bots. It started yesterday in the Arab world."

.@moillorens: "Well those also asked for the signings of Seri, Seti?n, Dest, or the return of Neymar... good criteria they have..."

Thanks for the shoutout.

Why me though? I haven't endorsed any of the four things listed. Opposed to.....

Last edited:

Vladinho

Xavi is very happy with Busi's performance. It's Busquets and 10 others... it's the message from within his environment. I guess we need to accept it, hopingly it's only for this season and we can find a replacement in the summer

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi is very happy with Busi's performance. It's Busquets and 10 others... it's the message from within his environment. I guess we need to accept it, hopingly it's only for this season and we can find a replacement in the summer

If Xavi really plans with Busquets he is official a clown and should be replaced if he doesnt reach top4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans