Xavi Hernández V2

Temptation

In Spain, Barca fans can dismiss the criticism with the excuse of "Anti-Xavi Madridistas running the media".......

What will be his excuse as an outsider in the best league in the world at a club like United where you get constant global media attention and the good and bad gets amplified every week by the press? Nepotism won't save his ass in Manchester. :lol:

Porque

He would probably do alright. You got Iraola in 10th, David Moyes in 8th, and then 3 of the top 4 made in LaLiga with the top 2 made in LaMasia.

fergus90

You coach any ‘big’ club and the press will be criticising you one minute and treating you like the messiah the next. Football is the most fickle sport in the world.

Handling the media is a basic requirement of the job in modern football.

iniestaGOAT

In Spain, Barca fans can dismiss the criticism with the excuse of "Anti-Xavi Madridistas running the media".......

What will be his excuse as an outsider in the best league in the world at a club like United where you get constant global media attention and the good and bad gets amplified every week by the press? Nepotism won't save his ass in Manchester. :lol:

Its Barcelona fool
We get more attention than UNITED on our day off

soul24rage

With Xavi staying, I'm hoping that he continues the trend of incorporating more La Masia players next season like Fort and Guiu.

jamrock

I'm actually hoping he slows down a bit.

I don't think yamal or cubarsi should start all games they are available for.

I wanna see Raphinha/Yaml and whoever we get at LW rotate a lot, with kounde and Araujo at CB.

Starting these kids as good as they are isn't good for their longer term health.

18-19 is the right age to have them be starters.

That being said, I think fort will play a role in the first team this season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Spanish press is more vicious than the English one. On the contrary, Xavi would have a field day there.

Xavi got triggered by a La Sexta reporter asking him about why our play wasn't good/entertaining as he promised back in december.
If there's one thing Xavi has proven it is that he cannot keep his emotions in check regardless of whether it's in front of the press or the sidelines, and by the way due to his legend status Xavi has barely been criticized by the heavy hitters in Catalunya, Mundo Deportivo and Sport.

If a Barcelona manager loses his composure due to negative coverage by Madrid-based or national media stations then I don't even know what to say....

He'd have no one to defend him in England, and those English tabloids can be vicious too.

ajnotkeith

Spanish press destroying Xavi seems like a myth. Can someone provide any actual evidence the media has been extremely harsh to him? This seems like a bit of a Mandela effect where a myth has evolved into common wisdom, sparked by Xavis repeated whining about the media.

The only outlets that are really harsh to him are either Madrid aligned outlets (logical) or joke outlets like El Chiringuito.

Horatio

You're welcome
Spanish press destroying Xavi seems like a myth. Can someone provide any actual evidence the media has been extremely harsh to him? This seems like a bit of a Mandela effect where a myth has evolved into common wisdom, sparked by Xavis repeated whining about the media.

The only outlets that are really harsh to him are either Madrid aligned outlets (logical) or joke outlets like El Chiringuito.
No mandela effect at play. Just some people mistaken.

In all fairness, don't remember Xavi complaining much about the press. In my mind has been mostly about how tough the job is and arbitral decisions.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans