World Cup 2022

TrueCule

I love to see the hate from BBZ and every Croat that's arguing about the penalty. The fact is that Croatia doesn't belong to top 4 in the world. You can't rely just on penalties and luck to advance to the next stage. Their luck had to run out eventually and yesterday there was a clear example of what happens if you rely on luck and not on quality. Croatia was battered like they should've been vs Brazil and even vs Belgium. The only difference is that their luck finally ran out. Brazil vs Argentina would have been so much more entertaining.

Horatio

You're welcome
Well it depends how you look at it. 4 full days ya but pretty much 5 days in hours from the end of one game till the start of the next

dunno if it makes sense. If Argentina would be playing two days consecutively you would not be saying they have a day off. Also in hours it is not a full 5 days. The final is played 4 hours earlier than when they played the semi-final.

eaman

dunno if it makes sense. If Argentina would be playing two days consecutively you would not be saying they have a day off. Also in hours it is not a full 5 days. The final is played 4 hours earlier than when they played the semi-final.

Ok ya iy does start earlier on Sunday but its 5 nights of sleep before the game

BBZ8800

I love to see the hate from BBZ and every Croat that's arguing about the penalty. The fact is that Croatia doesn't belong to top 4 in the world. You can't rely just on penalties and luck to advance to the next stage. Their luck had to run out eventually and yesterday there was a clear example of what happens if you rely on luck and not on quality. Croatia was battered like they should've been vs Brazil and even vs Belgium. The only difference is that their luck finally ran out. Brazil vs Argentina would have been so much more entertaining.

I would swear on you now, but I won't.

After reading these replies from Barca's fans, I realized that we don't live in the same universe, so I'll add some additional factors regarding rigged matches.

1. to witness cheating on your own skin = you need to be from a country which is like Tier 3, 4 or 5 in terms of political importance, wealth, population, sports importance.
So, roughly, in football:
Tier 1: France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina
Tier 2: Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Usa
Tier 3: Croatia, Greece, Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden etc
Tier 4: Asian countries, African countries, Bosnia, Serbia, Poland, Czech, random eastern European countries
Tier 5: absolute minows like Cyprus, Malta, Faroe Islands

Now, if you are from Spain, of course that you don't "see" or witness cheating when your matches are always 100% fair or in your favor.
If you are a fan of Barca, the same story.
When on Earth will refs award pens for Plzen, Maribor, Krakow and similar vs Barca. Or even for Porto, Ajax or Celtic? No way, Barca is a tier no1.
The only time when Barca fans can see cheating is La Liga, since refs favor RM due to politics (Catalonia is not Spain).
A funny thing is: when you see it on your skin, you all agree about that and you see it, right?
How many times has RM got soft pens, or pens in the 90th minute, or Casemiro never getting a yellow for murdering people for 10 years.
So, we all see cheating there, right? Interesting. (I am not denying it, there is an obvious case of rigging in La Liga because RM is a tier 1 and a political favorite while Barca is not).

2. the other factor in witnessing cheating is: you need to be from a country/club from a Tier 3, 4, 5
But MORE IMPORTANT, your club/NT needs to be somewhat good to get into chances to compete with clubs from a tier 1.
So, if you are from Malta or Azerbaijan and your clubs and NT are always losing 7:0 to everyone, it is hard to blame refs and to even get into a chance to be killed by refs.

Now, let's check the demography of users who disagrees with my theory of cheating/matches being rigged (helped by the refs) to countries/clubs from a tier 1:
JamDav = he is from Scotland. An important, somewhat rich and "western" country. Surely not a minow like Bosnia, Slovenia or Bulgaria.
So, I wouldn't say that Scotland is cheated as much as minows.
Plus, Celtic on a club level is a former CL winner and one of the legendary clubs.
So, they could be fucked by the refs only vs really top tier teams like Barca/Real or EPL teams.
Or like Ireland vs France a few years ago in the final KO match in qualifiers when Henry scored with a hand, but the ref hasn't seen anything :lol:

King Leo = from Usa. Usa is the leader of the Western world and the richest country in the world more or less. You don't fuck with Usa.
But still, their clubs don't play vs Barca, Chelsea or Milan. So, they can't witness it on their own skill in any way.
In NT qualifying matches, there is no way that Usa is screwed over in favor of Canada, Guatemala or with whomever they play.
So, you are from a GOD TIER of a country. There is no way that you can see it from my position.
And your favorite club is Barca, called Uefalona for years by neutral fans. I'll leave it at that.

Malvolio = Romania. A 3rd or 4th tier Balkan country. They can be screwed over.
But the problem is: your NT team isn't any good and you don't get into a chance to mess the plans of big boys like Brazil, France or Spain.
You are losing matches because of a low quality.
So, you are closer to our tier and to my problems than JamDav or KingLeo, but your team isn't dangerous and isn't getting in final matches so no need for refs to interfere.

Horatio = from Netherlands. Lol.
One of the richest EU countries and a heart of EU.
In football terms, one of the best European teams of all times, a home of total football.
A home of Ajax, a multiple CL winner.
A country with a long footballing tradition, lots of fans, lots of money.
They won't be screwed by FIFA as much since they are close to a TIER 1.
They are only in danger vs an absolute top tier teams like Barca, Real or Brazil/France/Spain.
Yet, this time, due to Messi's final chapter Hollywood movie for 1 billion fans all over the world, on which FIFA and Qatar want to cash on, even Dutch were somewhat screwed by FIFA.

I won't even comment on Spanish or French users here, lol.
You are from a GOD TIER in football, nothing ever goes against you.

================================================

Now, to explain you how a football life looks like in a poor, not important Balkan or Eastern European country when you want to fight with big guys, this is what is only from the last 2 years, but this is in a nutshell how sports look like for poor countries:
Dinamo Zagreb (a champion of Croatia in football):
Uefa League, KO matches, season 2020/21:
R of 32: win against Russian Krasnodar
R of 16: win against EPL Tottenham, Mourinho sacked
R of 8: we were paired with a Spanish team (that is usually a death pen), Villareal.
Now, pay attention to this detail: when the score is 0:0 and the matches are not going as planned for TIER 1 teams, this is when refs jump on every touch/tackle as pens.
1 st match, score 0:0, 44th minute: a pen for Villareal. Moreno scores, match ends 0:1.
** There is no video of this match on Youtube, so I can't post a pen.
Dinamo KO's in the end.
Ok, maybe it was just a coincidence, let's move on.

Season 2021/22:
Dinamo qualified to KO matches in Europa league again, but we had a new problem, we were drawn with La Liga (TIER 1) club again. This time Sevilla.
Do you still remember the rule what happens at 0:0?
Well, you know what happens.
1st match: score 0:0, a pen for Sevilla.
Raki scores, Dinamo gets KOd in the end.
Pen is in the beginning of the video. Ok, this time, Livakovic (Croatian NT Gk) did put a leg infront of a player (like yesterday) but Sevilla's player jumped over the leg and there was no contact.
As always, there is either a slight contact or "something" like a leg towards a player, so on paper, you can always say that it is a pen.
But on the other hand, Dinamo had similar situations in Villareal's and Sevilla's box and refs always said play on.
Also, if let's say Bosnia or Slovakia had this type of situation in attack vs Brazil/France/Spain in WC semis at 0:0, do you think the ref would give a pen to minows or would they say: no pen, play on?

So ok, these are two pens against Dinamo in 2 seasons of KO matches.
For both you can say that they are in "a softer range", always rewarded in a favor of a team from a TIER 1 country.

Ok, Dinamo got Kod, let's move on.

A new episode, season 2022/23 Champions league.
This time Dinamo got themselves into a bigger problems because they played in a group with EPL Chelsea, Ac Milan and filthy rich new giants RB Salzburg.
But Dinamo created a mess in the first round with a win 1:0 over Chelsea.
Do you know what happened in the next match? (Zagreb 3 points, Salzburg and Milan 1 point, Chelsea 0 points).
Next match, Zagreb travels to Milan. Milan is in the tough situation and UEFA would surely profit more from Milan/Chelsea than Zagreb in CL/Europa league KO rounds, right?
The score was again 0:0 and Milan couldn't break Zagreb.
In the 45th minute, the first soft touch in Zagreb's box and you know what's coming.
I mean, isn't this a joke?

Jamie will now say: there was a contact.
I know, it's football. There is always some contact in the box during tackles, corners and similar.
But isn't it funny how all these light touches ALWAYS end up as pens for teams from rich EU countries and similar situations in their box are ruled as: nothing happened, play on?

Next match, Zagreb travels to Salzburg.
0:0 away to RB Slazburg, score 0:0 in the 2nd half. Zagreb had a few penalty situations in their box, nothing happened.
But at the first touch/tackle in Zagreb's box, a pen is awarded. Here it is:

Ok, there was some touch.
But there were tons of similar situations for Zagreb vs Sevilla, Villareal, Salzburg, Milan = nothing, play on, said the ref.
Salzburg won 1:0 from the pen.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Post, part 2 since I can put only 3 videos in one post:

Next match, Zagreb vs Salzburg.
This is a good example what happens when the small team has a penalty call or a possible situation in their favor.
At 0:1 for Salzburg, there is a corner kick for Zagreb.
Petkovic scores a goal, but the ref stops play and awards a free kick at the edge of the box for Zagreb, for a foul which had nothing to do with the ball and a play.
In a nutshell, this is how football looks for these smaller teams from poor Eastern European countries.
Whenever you are in the attack, pens, VARs, offsides are always against you.
Whenever something happens in your box, every light touch, duel or a jump is a pen for Milan, Chelsea, Sevilla etc.

Next match, vs Milan, another pen for Milan.
This time there was even some pulling, so I won't whine too much.

Then we had this WC.
For example, this was a VAR against Croatia when we were awarded a pen but it was later cancelled due to offside:
resize

And then we had a pen for Argentina yesterday.

I mean, in every of these pens, there was SOME contact, or pulling or a duel after a corner.
I am not saying that these pens are pulled out the ref's ass for zero contact or something.

But only in the last 24 Months, in all KO matches of Zagreb/Croatia vs a TIER 1-2 clubs/NT teams, there was like 6-7 questionable pens.
None of them was a stone wall pen and there is always a slight contact at 0:0 and a ref is pointing to the spot.
While Zagreb had at least 4-5 similar situations in the box of TIER 1 teams and every time the answer is: no foul, play on.

If you are a fan from Spain, Usa, England, France, don't even bother to explain since your countries are rich, with high population and bringing zillions of dollars to a footballing business.
Try to be a fan from a small poor, shithole irrelevant country who brings zero money to FIFA/Uefa/CL viewership and then try to win against filthy rich EU teams with millions of fans who are bringing money like Chelsea, Milan, Sevilla.

No wonder that every 50:50 duel in the box is always a pen for a TIER 1 team and no pen when a small team is attacking and fouled.

But since this is Barca's and Messi's forum, even if my theories were 100% true, they won't sit well to our fans since both Spain/Barca/Messi are an absolute GOD tier of importance, influence and being a money-milking-superstar-object for Uefa and Fifa.

Last edited:

Messigician

Tier 3 grece won euros tho

Beat prime Portugal with CR7 and Figo etc

Sounds like Croatia needs referees on their side to win

Score was 3-0 not 1-0

Last edited:

Raketa10

What a dumb post. :lol: We don't belong there because you said so. That's a great argument. :lol: Two times in a row we are among top 4 teams in the world so accept that and move on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans