World Cup 2022

Horatio

You're welcome
Time to let it go so I'll just say it's unlikely Croatia would have gotten such penalty against Argentina.

We weren't good enough anyway so it's easier to process and I do hope Messi wins it.

Onto second semi-final. I see France has few players missing.

What does your son think about penalty situation?

BBZ8800

Mental gymnastics back in force.

Can anyone comment on pens from my post for Sevilla, Villareal, Ac Milan and similar?

How come that every fucking 50:50 duel in the box for years is always decided in favor of a big team, if a match is in problematic waters at 0:0?

And when was the last time when anyone has seen Brazil/Spain/France screwed over in favor of small countries due to a shady/soft pen?

The only time in a recent 20-ish years where top teams were screwed was on a WC 2002 where Italy and Spain were robbed in favor of Korea, but there you can argue that internet was on a rise, Asian fans were discovering European football, it is the most populated continent in the world, so in a financial view = Asia was the biggest, rich, unexplored area in the world.
So, gains from favoring Asian countries were bigger than screwing Italy/Spain who were already giants and football will be watched there regardless of 1 World cup exit.

In 1994 FIFA opened for conquering Usa.
In 2002 FIFA opened for conquering Asia.
In 2022 FIFA opened for conquering Middle East and rich oil countries who are investing shit tons on money in football and politicians in EU.

When you look at the bigger picture, football's, FIFA's, UEFA's expansion and ref's decisions aren't much different than Usa's, EU's, Russian or China's politics.
Everyone are interested and helping only to parts of the world/countries where they see either political or financial interests for themselves.

Oh, what a shock.
The whole world is driven by money and interests.

But pens for the most influental/richest countries and teams are 100% clear and without any agenda from the refs :lol::lol::lol:

What a mockery

JamDav1982

Haha it was a pen.

Simple as that.

Mental gymnastics are irrelevant.

Find a better way of coping.

You dont understand VAR and claim that an assistant was red carded and think it is all 'corruption'

Argentina had decisions gone against them also... but even those are all part of the great conspiracy!

Move on.

Rory

Top teams get more penalties because they spend more time in the opponents box. Generally they have better forwards who are more dangerous, resulting in defenders making mistakes. Pretty simple really.

Windhook

Mostly Gary Neville and Mark Bosnich triggered a discussion. Their takes are not so pro-Messi / pro-Argentina as we all know for some time now.

Wouldn't take a word from Gary Neville seriously. The guy's managerial career was brutally ended after that 7-0 Valencia defeat, with Messi playing central role of course.

JamDav1982

Its a foul anywhere on pitch which is why officials are saying correct decsion. Which is why it was so quickly deemed correct by VAR.

Anywhere on pitch if you beat opponent to ball and knock it past them when both challening for it the get taken down it is a foul .. then it is a foul.

If the keeper gets touch on it first and they come together.. GK gets the foul every time.

What is th GK to do they ask?

What he has to do is win the ball if challenging like that and if misses it dont cause the player who did win it to be taken down.

As McCoist said every single referee he reached out to confirmed correct and clear decision.

Messigician

Bbz talked a big game just to complain about referees lmfao

Reminds me of rival clubs in 2011 calling us UEFALONA

It is just jealousy

malvolio

Argentine WAGs out to dinner before Croatia game - https://www.thesun.c0.uk/sport/20745269/argentina-wags-world-cup-croatia-messi-wife/

qfut4wrx7q5a1.png

[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION] what do we think?

Temptation

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Cheerleader Effect!

Look at them individually in isolation and they all look bang average but in this group they look much prettier.

I suppose Argentines fall under the Latina umbrella, so I'll leave it to Lord Horatio to make the final judgement. Over to you, sir.

Messigician

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Cheerleader Effect!

Look at them individually in isolation and they all look bang average but in this group they look much prettier.

I suppose Argentines fall under the Latina umbrella, so I'll leave it to Lord Horatio to make the final judgement. Over to you, sir.

They're pretty

Home of Barca Fans