World Cup 2022

Slevinn

Cool group for Belgium. Was hoping for a South American team though but that can still happen in the next round.

pregra

Easy draw for Netherlands? Both Senegal and Ecuador will steamroll them with their pace and power. Holland was smacked by the Czech Republic ffs. Nice group for Argentina, you love to see it. 1978. 1986. 2022. Vamos

Rassvet

Matches aren’t actually as early as I thought looking the schedule. There is one 5 AM est match during the first 8 days of the tournament but then the earliest matches are 10am after that.

Not much different from 2018 then in that respect.

Horatio

You're welcome
Easy draw for Netherlands? Both Senegal and Ecuador will steamroll them with their pace and power. Holland was smacked by the Czech Republic ffs. Nice group for Argentina, you love to see it. 1978. 1986. 2022. Vamos

Ecuador won't do as well. Senegal maybe yes.

eaman

Definitely a great draw for Argentina, If they do well, I could see them reachin the quarters and then losing to Netherlands or perhaps even getting to the semis if Netherlands fuck it up before then and give Argentina an easy quarterfinal matchup.

No5 much of a difference between Argentina and Netherlands really. Two above average teams

Rassvet

No5 much of a difference between Argentina and Netherlands really. Two above average teams

Netherlands is a bad matchup for Argentina. They will be able to control a lot of the possession and force Argentina to play on the counter which isn't their strength. Also Netherlands have great players at building from the back with Van Dijk, Frenkie, and De Ligt or De Vrij so that against Argentina's lack of defending from the front would be a mismatch.

serghei

Netherlands is a bad matchup for Argentina. They will be able to control a lot of the possession and force Argentina to play on the counter which isn't their strength. Also Netherlands have great players at building from the back with Van Dijk, Frenkie, and De Ligt or De Vrij so that against Argentina's lack of defending from the front would be a mismatch.

Nederlands is a cute team that play nice football and will get sent home by the first top pragmatic team they face. Without a doubt. They have only two players who have any sort of edge mentally. Van Dijk and De Jong. Way way too few. You need at least 4-5 players who you can count on when the shit gets real.

Just look at their best offensive player: Depay. The top beta male player who does well in fair weather, sometimes brilliantly, but when the storm comes, he folds. Every fucking time. No mental edge, no tenacity to ride the challenge and arrive on top at the end.

At the top, football is really not about tricks, fancy stuff, it's about speed, physical contact, do or die attitude. You need top-class characters in moments where things don't go well.

Argentina happen to have quite a few of those types, which is why I think they will do well, and just fall short of making the final due to lack of quality in some positions.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Why would Ecuador be able to steamroll Netherlands lol? They barely laid a glove on Argentina in the copa and I think Netherlands is much ahead of Argentina in regards to pace and athleticism with players like Van Dijk, De ligt, Frenkie, Dumfries, Gravenberch, etc.

soul24rage

Think it'll be the other way around with a midfield of De Paul, Paredes and Lo Celso with Messi dropping deep controlling most of the possession while the Netherlands counters (FDJ is definitely not a controller).

Imo, Netherlands best strength is obviously their defense and Depay and Malen do best when they have space in front of them from what I've seen of them so far.

[MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION] maybe you can add in your thoughts as you seen the Netherland NT more times than I did.

pregra

Why would Ecuador be able to steamroll Netherlands lol? They barely laid a glove on Argentina in the copa and I think Netherlands is much ahead of Argentina in regards to pace and athleticism with players like Van Dijk, De ligt, Frenkie, Dumfries, Gravenberch, etc.
We'll see. In both WCQs Ecuador were great against Argentina. Barely gave away scoring chances and lots of pace on the counter. On the flip side, their team is very young. Maybe WC is too early for them.

Home of Barca Fans