World Cup 2018

Joan

^Epilogue. However it's very bad thing to be a Scotsman because they all are tight-fisted and miserly.

I don't think we are ever "allowed" to mock or call people names, no matter what they do and not just what they are, because we all fall short all the times and that would make us nothing but hypocrites. "who is without sin cast the first stone". But this is our nature, we do that all the times. You for example, have an avatar of Z.Mamic. The aim here is clearly not to admire him, but to mock him or his persona because you _feel_ you are allowed to.

What is worrying is that the humour itself is attacked here. We in fact tend to make humour exactly out of things we cannot control, like big nose, small penis, gender, ethnicity and yes -> skin colour. So the contrast of what France team was before 30 years and what is now is by definition a material for humour.
So, is it the same to you attacking people for what they did (wrongdoings against you or people you like) and for what they naturally are? If yes, good. Just wondering. About your example, I have an avatar of Mamić because I lost the bet. But the point stands. I'll try to address it. When things are done against you, people you like, clubs you follow - you feel like there are reasons for calling some people names. And I can understand it, but in other cases (race, sexual preference etc.) it's just irrational hate. Related to my previous question, if you don't see the difference, I respect it. I do believe that's how most communicate and stand.

About the particular case, it might've started as humor - don't know but I had an argument with vlad who claimed they couldn't be French. I'll quote him here: "Ibrahimovic will never be Swed for example, if your parents are from africa and you are born in france, that doesnt make you french". That's not humor, that's a piece of an argument. If you do accept those players are French, albeit of African heritage, then we have nothing to argue about.

edit: I have to say vlad's right, it doesn't make you French automatically. But there's a choice. I see no reasons why we wouldn't except their choice if they indeed feel French.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Back from the main square and everything.

I am proud of our boys. We were a better team and deserved to win the fucking World Cup! Feeling is heavy. Girls and others who bandwagoned us keep saying "hey, we are silver" but I can't let go. We dominated the French and they did nothing. Nothing. Had 0 chances before og and penalty and then naturally we had to open up.

Feeling is bitter now even though I drank and sang my heart out. WE DESERVED MORE

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't know who the biggest snowflake here is.

The guy who was together with another person started claiming stuff like that which @Joan Laporta wrote, got called out for it, backtracked to claiming it was all humor and then started getting all defensive when people turn that joke against them and make fun of them.

Such pussies damn.

Oh yeah, when called out for it they start saying shit like: "Oh you typical leftist" lmao and then claiming they're not nazis when no one ever mentioned that or brought politics into the discussion.

But that's all you can do. Be a bunch of pussies on the internet and get all defensive when called out for it or even made fun of.

And now you're here still crying despite being a 30+ year old man acting like a victim.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm sorry. You want a pink pony like a DonAK?

I'm not the one on this thread still crying like a little kid.

Perhaps you're the one who need a pink pony to calm you down so you stop crying like a little baby. Poor little dakt got his feelings hurt when people made fun of his comments.

Send me your address and I'll send one to Croatia. Perhaps together with a Pogba France shirt too so you can enjoy that as well.

This would be good for you I think. As long as you stop crying and stop playing the victim card. :)

Anyway this is my last comment on this. Send me a PM if you want that toy.

As for now, it's been an enjoyable WC and looking forward to Barca Pre-Season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans