World Cup 2018

Neeraj

Unbelievable. After the garbage Argentina have put out, they'll still have a fair chance at qualification.

This result helps them in more ways than one because Croatia now have something to play for, which is suddenly key. If this game was a draw, Croatia are guaranteed toppers, but now, they have to avoid defeat against Iceland to secure top spot. If they don't, a Nigeria win gives them top spot (and even a Croatia draw could, depending on goal difference). Considering this, you'd expect Croatia to show up and get the result.

So it will come down to a knock out. I don't fancy that. Argentina pissing themselves against Croatia in the second game. Imagine the pressure on Messi in a knockout game.

I don't see Argentina managing a win. In fact, I'd say Nigeria are favorites for that tie, and will probably tear Argentina a new one. This is the worst possible way for Messi to go out; have another shot against Nigeria and get schooled again. That will be painful.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Croatia is now safe 1st. 2nd string lineup against Iceland next week. Will be interesting until the end as all 3 teams can still qualify.

serghei

Unbelievable. After the garbage Argentina have put out, they'll still have a fair chance at qualification.

This result helps them in more ways than one because Croatia now have something to play for, which is suddenly key. If this game was a draw, Croatia are guaranteed toppers, but now, they have to avoid defeat against Iceland to secure top spot. If they don't, a Nigeria win gives them top spot (and even a Croatia draw could, depending on goal difference). Considering this, you'd expect Croatia to show up and get the result.

So it will come down to a knock out. I don't fancy that. Argentina pissing themselves against Croatia in the second game. Imagine the pressure on Messi in a knockout game.

I don't see Argentina managing a win. In fact, I'd say Nigeria are favorites for that tie, and will probably tear Argentina a new one. This is the worst possible way for Messi to go out; have another shot against Nigeria and get schooled again. That will be painful.

Croatia are 99% group winners at this score.

Morten

Dont fancy Iceland to win against Croatia, even if Croatia has pretty much won the group already.
Iceland looks fatigued, really.

D10S91

How exactly is it in their hands?

Even if Iceland wins against Croatia, Argentina can go through by goal difference.. If Iceland wins by 1, Argentina needs to win by 2 or more goals.. Now Croatia has to worry a bit about losing the top spot too, so they can't take it too easy and will have something to play for, so it won't be easy for Iceland to win this now, especially by more than 1 goal..

Home of Barca Fans