Women's football

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Last game for Leila Ouahabi (rumored to be going to join Chelsea), Lieke Martens as she is PSG bound and Jenni, not sure where she is going. CD Tacon?

Adding Melanie Serrano who retired, we are losing four players. Big task for Markel Zubizarreta to revitalize the squad for next season.

Nucky

Last game for Leila Ouahabi (rumored to be going to join Chelsea), Lieke Martens as she is PSG bound and Jenni, not sure where she is going. CD Tacon?

Adding Melanie Serrano who retired, we are losing four players. Big task for Markel Zubizarreta to revitalize the squad for next season.

I heard Viviane Mediane is coming to Barca femeni..

Messi983

Melanie and Leila didn't play that much so shouldn't be hard to replace, we also have some players returning from loans and Bruna Vilamala back from injury (she could potentially replace Jenni with Oshoala as a starter; although tbh I think we should look for a better 9, Katoto would be a great signing, she's averaging almost a goal per game for PSG/France and only 23 as well).

I'm sure Markel will do his job and we'll again have a great team. Would clearly prefer both Lieke and Jenni to stay though.

[tw]1531480606684610563[/tw]

https://twitter.com/BarcaFem/status/1531480606684610563

Messi983

11 Barca players (Sandra Pa?os, Irene Paredes, Mapi Le?n, Andrea Pereira, Leila Ouahabi, Patri Guijarro, Aitana Bonmat?, Alexia Putellas, Mariona Caldentey, Jenni Hermoso, Claudia Pina) are called up to the Spain squad for Euro 2022.

FUFKMd_WAAY3XKU

Looks like we're trying to make some signings for the future:

- Salma Paralluelo, 18 yo winger from Villarreal, club plans to sign and let her on loan next season, she was also just named on a pre-list for Euro.

- we're reportedly also close to sign probably the biggest Spanish talent right now - Vicky Lopez (aka Xavi Simons wannabe) from Madrid CFF, just 15 but already played in Liga Iberdrola. CD Tacon and Juve are also after her.

FUF2y2mXEAIGuoV

Messi983

Lieke's condition to stay in Barcelona is to live with her partner Benjamin Van Leer in the same city.

Bar?a is trying to find a solution for Benjamin so Lieke can stay. The advanced option currently for the goalkeeper is to play with Andorra. ?Via @MartaCarreras_

I mean, sign this guy, never watched him but can't be worse than MATS surely? Although looks like it's too late anyway. Will he sign for Paris FC or something?

According to Canal+, Lieke Martens will be tomorrow in Paris to undergo medical tests as a new PSG player.

We'll miss you, Lieke. :(

Also, Leila Ouahabi has joined Vicky Losada at Man City.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lieke's condition to stay in Barcelona is to live with her partner Benjamin Van Leer in the same city.

Bar?a is trying to find a solution for Benjamin so Lieke can stay. The advanced option currently for the goalkeeper is to play with Andorra. ?Via @MartaCarreras_

I mean, sign this guy, never watched him but can't be worse than MATS surely? Although looks like it's too late anyway. Will he sign for Paris FC or something?

According to Canal+, Lieke Martens will be tomorrow in Paris to undergo medical tests as a new PSG player.

We'll miss you, Lieke. :(

Also, Leila Ouahabi has joined Vicky Losada at Man City.

I don't get this, does her boyfriend live in Paris or something? She wanted us to sign his boyfriend so they can live together in Barcelona?

Messi983

More money most likely.

Yep, they'll double her wages. I'm disappointed to see Lieke leave but really can't blame her.

Looks like PSG is desperate and throwing around money also in women's football now. Will be hard to compete with them in future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lyon spent 11m this season while our budget was around 5.1m, I believe, which will be bumped to 5.5m next season, according to Laporta. Not sure how much PSG is spending on their squad but financially we can't compete with Lyon and probably most of the English clubs.

Messi983

Jonatan Giraldez has officially renewed until 2024 last week.

Laia Codina who has returned from a successful loan at AC Milan extended her contract for 2 years as well. She will compete for minutes at CB with Andrea Pereira and Jana Fernandez (currently recovering from a torn ACL) behind Mapi Leon and Irene Paredes.

Another one to renew is 3rd GK Gemma Font. I guess it's likely either she or Cata Coll will leave on loan though.

Home of Barca Fans