Women's football

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mariona Caldentey out for 2 months due to an injury to the femoral biceps in her right thigh. :(

Get well soon.

Messi983

And we'll play against CD Tacon in the CL. :lol:

FHDOSdpXsAQQ2Ul

FHDOLXUXsAAvICv

And then in semis against a winner between Wolfsburg and Arsenal. Avoiding both French teams until the final, good draw.

diDi7

Barca got a very easy draw. They'd still be favourites regardless, but now it's pretty obvious they'll at least be in the final.

Bayern on the other hand...

Winner will be Barca or one of the French teams. Anything else would be considered a miracle.

Andresito

Staff member
And we'll play against CD Tacon in the CL. :lol:

And then in semis against a winner between Wolfsburg and Arsenal. Avoiding both French teams until the final, good draw.

Should play the home game at Camp Nou. There is an NT break that weekend so we should be able to fill up the stadium pretty good, especially considering the women's team is FC Barcelona's most successful team at the moment.

Don't know if it's possible with UEFA rules or whatever, but the chicas surely deserve it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Should play the home game at Camp Nou. There is an NT break that weekend so we should be able to fill up the stadium pretty good, especially considering the women's team is FC Barcelona's most successful team at the moment.

Don't know if it's possible with UEFA rules or whatever, but the chicas surely deserve it.

Agreed, they really should be playing at Camp Nou. I don't think there are any UEFA rules against it, the English teams, and also Atletico Madrid have played their women's team at their main stadium a few times I think.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barca got a very easy draw. They'd still be favourites regardless, but now it's pretty obvious they'll at least be in the final.

Bayern on the other hand...

Winner will be Barca or one of the French teams. Anything else would be considered a miracle.

You guys should have no problem beating PSG, also I think your record against Lyon has been pretty good too lately, in both friendlies and official games, no?

Messi983

Andresito

Staff member

Big step in the right direction. Laporta has a lot of personal gain from this, apart from the obvious advantage for the team of course.

We can break the record attendance in women's football. It's around 80k for national teams, and 60k (Atleti - Barca at Wanda) at club level.

Let's hope the fans show up. Could even have free or very cheap entry.

Messi983

I seriously doubt there would be more than 20k fans in the stands. But clearly not anywhere close to 60k. Hope to be wrong though.

Andresito

Staff member
I seriously doubt there would be more than 20k fans in the stands. But clearly not anywhere close to 60k. Hope to be wrong though.

The fact that it's against Madrid and low prices should be attractive. But it all depends on how well they are at marketing it. Atleti's was very good ahead of the game against Barca.

Messi983

7-0 win against Madrid CFF to close the year. 52 wins in 56 games in 2021 in all competitions.

Half way through the season in Liga Iberdrola 15 wins in 15 games, goal difference 86-4. :worthy:

FinBarcelonafan

7-0 win against Madrid CFF to close the year. 52 wins in 56 games in 2021 in all competitions.

Half way through the season in Liga Iberdrola 15 wins in 15 games, goal difference 86-4. :worthy:

Wow! It doesn't seem like the coaching change changed anything. Crazy!

Our men's or should I say boys team(+few amigo) should go ask a few tips from the Women team.. Hopefully, Pedri asked the Lady Bdor winner for a couple of tips. Might help the boys team!

Messi983

Wow! It doesn't seem like the coaching change changed anything. Crazy!

Our men's or should I say boys team(+few amigo) should go ask a few tips from the Women team.. Hopefully, Pedri asked the Lady Bdor winner for a couple of tips. Might help the boys team!

Watch this segment around 19:25, Pique said it as a joke but we all know it's true.

For all interested I recommend to watch full video. A lot of interviews and shorter clips of Alexia talking about her career, women's football and personal life. She really has a good personality, no wonder she came so far in her career.

Parts 2 and 3 here as well (I still have to watch the last one)

Home of Barca Fans