Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I get it. You're an Argentina fan. Argentina has the advantage of an easy group and the best attack in the world but I don't trust their defence and even midfield against a top team. I don't see why people would pick them ahead of Brazil, Spain or Germany. Even Italy would beat them.

Also why do people laugh at me according to you? Maybe the problem is with them. Majority opinion isn't always right.

Last edited:

Alik

I get it. You're an Argentina fan. Argentina has the advantage of an easy group and the best attack in the world but I don't trust their defence and even midfield against a top team. I don't see why people would pick them ahead of Brazil, Spain or Germany. Even Italy would beat them.

Also why do people laugh at me according to you? Maybe the problem is with them. Majority opinion isn't always right.
As has been said, European teams struggle in South America. Brazil wasn't considered a tough opponent until their showing in the Confeds. You wouldn't have expected them to beat Spain at the beginning of the tournament.

Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Germany are considered the strongest and all have good chances of winning. Argentina have Messi, hence people voted for Argentina.

PS: Last time Argentina faced Italy, Argentina won.

L

linetty

Argentina's defence is the best but can be solid and the attack consisting of DiMaria, Messi, Aguero, Lavezzi and Higuain is just too good. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't make it at least to the semi-final, don't see them winning though, unfortunately

Hamzah

High Definition Member
obviously they will go far. they have a great attack and are in south america. i just don't know how you could pick them over spain, germany, brazil. to actually WIN the competition.

i think its because of messi. he is good enough to win it almost single handedly and people are counting on that. i just don't rate argies overall as a team compared to the others.

Zebulun

Agreed. Watched Almost all argentina's games since maradona was coach till now but this is just my opinion. They have problems with the wing backs, centerbacks and have a dreadful midfield. Their midfield can't hold the ball and always ends up rushing plays. while the problem could be the coach, because a top coach like guardiola, Fergie would get the best out of them, they don't have the look or feel of a team ready to compete in the WC against the big guns. with a couple of tweaks they could be great but something is definetely wrong with squad selection for such a great footballing nation.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Kovacic is amazing person, very humble. I'm so sad for him wasting his time on the bench in Inter...not sure why, since he's amazing player.

I'm an Inter fan & I agree. It frustrates me how young players in general are never given a chance there, they deserve so much better than how they are treated at Inter. I really have no idea how average players like Guarin & Kuzmanovic, or declining players like Cambiasso get to be ahead of him in the pecking order. I honestly wonder if Mazzarri has a problem with him on a personal level for some reason.

Never take results of friendlies seriously especially Italy.

Exactly, they are the kings of messing about in friendlies & becoming a completely different beast when it matters (at least under Prandelli). I really think they can at least make the semis.

ManusXavi

Honestly, I cant see how Argentina can defeat the likes of spain and germany, they are just better. Args defense and midtfield aint comparable too the best teams. I really want messi and masch to win, but I dont hold them as favs, more like outsiders with Portugal and others.

I totally agree with this.

Ursegor

World Champion
History shows that European teams struggle in the America's so with the climate the 2 SA giants will have an advantage over their European rivals. Nothing funny about that.

I don't quite get this tbh. Messi, Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria, Mascherano, Zabaleta all live in Europe for years. Similarly Alves, Marcelo, T. Silva, D. Luiz, Hulk etc. Why would they be more comfortable with the hot and humid climate?

I don't think it's true that European teams struggle in America. A European team has never won it on North / South American soil but that's more coincidence than anything else IMO, like "Messi hasn't scored from open play in England" before the CL final in 2011. The last 2 times in 94 and 86 there were 3 European semi-finalists. Just coincided with Romario's Brazil and Maradona's Argentina. In fact in 1994 7 out of 8 quarter finalists were European. lol And that was one of the hottest World Cups ever.

Haven't Spain already broken the "no European team has won it outside of Europe" curse?

fcbdna

Banned
I don't quite get this tbh. Messi, Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria, Mascherano, Zabaleta all live in Europe for years. Similarly Alves, Marcelo, T. Silva, D. Luiz, Hulk etc. Why would they be more comfortable with the hot and humid climate?

I don't think it's true that European teams struggle in America. A European team has never won it on North / South American soil but that's more coincidence than anything else IMO, like "Messi hasn't scored from open play in England" before the CL final in 2011. The last 2 times in 94 and 86 there were 3 European semi-finalists. Just coincided with Romario's Brazil and Maradona's Argentina. In fact in 1994 7 out of 8 quarter finalists were European. lol And that was one of the hottest World Cups ever.

Haven't Spain already broken the "no European team has won it outside of Europe" curse?

Same reason they spend most of their holidays there. . . . They grew up there and can adapt easily. Its the same thing that happens when you play Bolivia@home the altitude always works in their favour.

Home of Barca Fans