Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be very happy with either Valverde or Sampaoli. Valverde would be my first choice as he has more experience of Spanish & European football and experience at the club.

BBZ8800

Eusebio was in the club recently and knows the current players better than Koeman.

Koeman's experience of managing top players is limited to one season in Valencia where he had David Villa. He do however have more experience itself in coaching, but everything else you argued against Eusebio can be turned against Koeman too.

Your hate towards Koeman is almost as strong as mine towards Neymar, nice to see that :lol:

About Koeman:
1. assistant of Dutch NT team in 1997 and 1998 (Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert, Bergkamp, Overmars, Frank De Boer, Ronald De Boer, Van Der Saar, Stam, Reiziger, Van Bronckhorst, Hesp, Hasselbaink, Hooijdonk, Zenden, Bogarde)
2. assistant in Barcelona 1998-2000 (Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Pep, Luis Enrique, young Xavi, Frank De Boer, Cocu)
3. manager of Ajax 2001-2005, managed players like Ibrahimovic for 3 seasons, Van Der Vaart, Sneijeder, Heitinga, Stekelenburg, Chivu, Van Der Meyde, Maxwell, Litmanen, Vermaelen)
4. manager of Psv and Feyenoord, in Psv he trained: veteran Cocu, veteran Reiziger, veteran Kluivert, Afellay.
In Benfica, he trained: Simao Sabrosa, Nuno Gomes, Geovanni Deiberson a former Barca wonderkid.
He trained Pelle in Feyenoord.
In Valencia he trained: Canizares, Raul Albiol, Villa, Juan Mata, David Silva, Marchena, Albelda, Baraja, Morientes, Angulo, Ivan Helguera, Vicente, Joaquin.

His experience in general is bigger than of majority of other candidates.
He won league titles, unlike majority of other candidates.
He coached lots of former world class players and tons of former Barca's legends.

He was a player in a Dream team, and already an assistant at Barca.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see whom will a board pick.
Sampaoli seems quite emotional and full of energy and he jumps while watching matches all the time.
Koeman is cold as ice.

I personally think that it will be Sampaoli, Koeman, Blanc or Valverde.
Barca never hires random coaches from Napoli, Monaco, Nice and similar, who both didn't won league titles, didn't coach top teams and have zero connections with Barca.
Also, I don't believe that we will hire Eusebio or Unzue while we have at least 4 better options in these candidates from above.

#TeamKoeman or #TeamBlanc (because they were former Barca's players and they actually won league championships in Europe. Those are key things in my book, after tactics, of course)

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Sport

1488404064325.jpg

About Sport's article, the article says different things than a picture.

Article says:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/how-barcelona-will-about-choosing-luis-enriques-replacement-5870644

In the first meeting, which will happen in the coming hours, they must take three important decisions.

1.- Decide what style of football Barça should play

2.- Lay out the profile of the new manager in terms of style

3.- Draw up a list of candidates

On the style of football, it would seem there are no doubts: the model which has had so much success must be maintained, although with the inevitable evolution (already began by Luis Enrique) so as not to be left behind.

The profile, for that reason, must be based on these footballing conditions. It must be a manager with Barça DNA and, preferably, one with a deep knowledge of the club. That's to say, someone who has worn the Blaugrana shirt.

CANDIDATES

The first list of candidates includes four former Barcelona players: Ernesto Valverde (Athletic), Ronald Koeman (Everton), Eusebio Sacristán (Real Sociedad) and Juan Carlos Unzué (Luis Enrique's No.2 at FC Barcelona).

It will be Albert Soler and Robert Fernandez who must contact them to find out whether they would be interested in the job and -- if they are -- to talk about how the project would develop with them at the helm.

If those four options fail, the list extends to managers who have never been at Barcelona, but who understand the club's philosophy and could apply it perfectly. In this case, Jorge Sampaoli (Sevilla) and Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) come into the thinking.

** It seems that Barca's DNA coaches who were a former players are the first pick of the board.
4 first picks are:
1. Valverde
2. Koeman
3. Eusebio
4. Unzue

If those options fail, next 2 options are:
5. Sampaoli
6. Klopp

Majority won't agree, but I like this part where they are trying to stick with Barca's DNA guys.

khaled_a_d

Majority won't agree, but I like this part where they are trying to stick with Barca's DNA guys.

Sport also mentioned some other outsiders Laurent Blanc,Giovanni van Bronckhorst,Cocu & Òscar García.
I like those candidates too,Blanc is underrated coach although I can't see him leading team to CL glory,Gio has improved Feynoord really well,appointed when they were 4th,finished 3rd last year and currently top of the table and could very well get their 1st league title since 99 and last season won their 1st cup since 2008 too. He has spent 4 years in Barca modern era,played WC final as a captain and started being a coach slowly learning.
Cocu also has won 2 leagues and transformed PSV too,6 years in Barca and one of Van Gaal students which is always a positive.
Oscar Garcia is fan favorite too
Though after De Boer experience with Inter raises questions regarding coaches in Eredevise,and Oscar biggest experience is in Austria,non has Liga experience. They are the kind of coach to follow to be the "after next" coach b4 Xavi taking over

Raketa10

About Sport's article, the article says different things than a picture.

Article says:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/how-barcelona-will-about-choosing-luis-enriques-replacement-5870644

In the first meeting, which will happen in the coming hours, they must take three important decisions.

1.- Decide what style of football Barça should play

2.- Lay out the profile of the new manager in terms of style

3.- Draw up a list of candidates

On the style of football, it would seem there are no doubts: the model which has had so much success must be maintained, although with the inevitable evolution (already began by Luis Enrique) so as not to be left behind.

The profile, for that reason, must be based on these footballing conditions. It must be a manager with Barça DNA and, preferably, one with a deep knowledge of the club. That's to say, someone who has worn the Blaugrana shirt.

CANDIDATES

The first list of candidates includes four former Barcelona players: Ernesto Valverde (Athletic), Ronald Koeman (Everton), Eusebio Sacristán (Real Sociedad) and Juan Carlos Unzué (Luis Enrique's No.2 at FC Barcelona).

It will be Albert Soler and Robert Fernandez who must contact them to find out whether they would be interested in the job and -- if they are -- to talk about how the project would develop with them at the helm.

If those four options fail, the list extends to managers who have never been at Barcelona, but who understand the club's philosophy and could apply it perfectly. In this case, Jorge Sampaoli (Sevilla) and Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) come into the thinking.

** It seems that Barca's DNA coaches who were a former players are the first pick of the board.
4 first picks are:
1. Valverde
2. Koeman
3. Eusebio
4. Unzue

If those options fail, next 2 options are:
5. Sampaoli
6. Klopp

This is bullshit. We need a proper manager not Unzue or Eusebio. What are their references? It's like giving Ferrari to a teenager. This is dumbest idea EVER!

We need experienced manager. There won't be another Pep Guardiola any time soon so we need to stop searching for one AND GET A PROPER WORLD CLASS MANAGER!

Vilarrubi

This is bullshit. We need a proper manager not Unzue or Eusebio. What are their references? It's like giving Ferrari to a teenager. This is dumbest idea EVER!

We need experienced manager. There won't be another Pep Guardiola any time soon so we need to stop searching for one AND GET A PROPER WORLD CLASS MANAGER!

I wouldn't worry too much about that, that's just his opinion.

Eusabio and Unzue are 33/1 in the bookies.

The favourites are Sampaoli, Valverde and Koeman in that order. They all make sense too.

God Serena

Imagine if the board just made Unzue the new manager. Just imagine. It'd be so hilariously infuriating that I wouldn't even be mad, lmao.

BarçaBarça

I wouldn't worry too much about that, that's just his opinion.

Eusabio and Unzue are 33/1 in the bookies.

The favourites are Sampaoli, Valverde and Koeman in that order. They all make sense too.

Robert has played together with Eusebio, Bartomeou prefers one with Barca-history, it is not that far out, imo. Although I would prefer Sampaoli, and like you also said Valverde are more likely than Eusebio..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't trust neither Robert nor Bartomeu.

I dont think they'd want "loose cannon" like Sampaoli to rock the boat. They are squirming enough over tweets and law suits.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we don't hire Sampaoli then Real Madrid eventually will when Zidane sooner or later is told to leave.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is not all to do with philosophies of clubs though and comparing Barca and Real when Real choose to have Zidane in charge doesnt make sense as he is one of the quietest most stoic managers out there.

Just because I said that does not mean Real won't have managers like that. Zidane has been tied to the club for years. But in regards of club images and trainers....another contrast that neutral football fans always bring up is how Real treats coaches opposed to Barca and how quickly they are released if results are not met immediately. Another example that contributes to the image that Barca are more long-term thinkers and Real make spur-of-the moment decisions. How true this perception is to reality is a different discussion though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans