Which manager would you choose for Barcelona today?

Which manager would you choose for Barcelona today?

• Xavi

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ten Hag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

• Roberto De Zerbi

• Ange Postecoglu

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mikel Arteta

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Arne Slot

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

delancey

I don’t agree that an established manager at a big club, such as Arsenal, would turn down a chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Arsenal is one thing, Barca is levels above, as far as history and reputation are concerned. Google vs Yahoo type of situation. ;)
Hence why we are still attracting some of the biggest players in the world, despite our petty financial situation, partially due to La Liga’s unfair and discriminatory FFP regulations.

Birdy

I don’t agree that an established manager at a big club, such as Arsenal, would turn down a chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Arsenal is one thing, Barca is levels above, as far as history and reputation are concerned. Google vs Yahoo type of situation. ;)
Hence why we are still attracting some of the biggest players in the world, despite our petty financial situation, partially due to La Liga’s unfair and discriminatory FFP regulations.
No mate
Arsenal are not Brighton, nor FEyenoord or Porto

No one is leaving a project he is leading and is going in the right direction, and has been repeatedly and consistently backed by their board, unless he is a cunt
When his project ends or cycle closes, then it's another question

delancey

No mate
Arsenal are not Brighton, nor FEyenoord or Porto

No one is leaving a project he is leading and is going in the right direction, and has been repeatedly and consistently backed by their board, unless he is a cunt
When his project ends or cycle closes, then it's another question
Plenty of players do it regularly. There is usually a void of emotional attachment amongst the best leaders in world football. Loyalty is rare, especially when a manager isn’t from the region in question. Besides, the project at Arsenal is going well because of Arteta. He is truly an incredible manager, on par with Howe. Sure, he has been well supported, but the total investment is also inflated due to the English tax. His squad isn’t better than ours, yet he’s doing exceedingly well.

Beyond this, Arteta is Spanish, and the heart always longs for the familiar. No doubt, if Barca came calling, he would consider it.

Edit: He is Barca B from San Sebastián. Maybe in a few years? His appointment is written in the stars. Mark my words.

Birdy

Plenty of players do it regularly. There is usually a void of emotional attachment amongst the best leaders in world football. Loyalty is rare, especially when a manager isn’t from the region in question. Besides, the project at Arsenal is going well because of Arteta. He is truly an incredible manager, on par with Howe. Sure, he has been well supported, but the total investment is also inflated due to the English tax. His squad isn’t better than ours, yet he’s doing exceedingly well.

Beyond this, Arteta is Spanish, and the heart always longs for the familiar. No doubt, if Barca came calling, he would consider it.

Player mentality is different from coach's mentality, especially when the coach is the cornerstone of the whole project.
It ain't happening
Arteta is Catalan has played for Barca academy, I am sure he would love to coach here, but he won't do it now.
Maybe after his Arsenal project comes to an end

delancey

Player mentality is different from coach's mentality, especially when the coach is the cornerstone of the whole project.
It ain't happening
Arteta is Catalan has played for Barca academy, I am sure he would love to coach here, but he won't do it now.
Maybe after his Arsenal project comes to an end
Yup, his appointment is written in the stars. And I wholeheartedly support it. He’s a great manager.

delancey

Meanwhile we need someone to take over from the apprentice for the next 3-4 years
Agreed! It’s a tricky situation, for Xavi lacks tactical know-how, yet excels in commanding respect from his squad, similar to Zidane. We’ve seen what that can do! Week in, week out, we endure shit football, but at least the squad is fighting for his vision. Both qualities would be ideal (tactical superiority + respect), but who?

Beyond that, Xavi is hardly criticized by Catalan media, despite producing shit football bar a few exceptions. FC Barcelona is a special club, in that it doesn’t merely expect results, but also beautiful football and a connection to Catalan heritage.

:lol:

Birdy

Agreed! It’s a tricky situation, for Xavi lacks tactical know-how, yet excels in demanding respect from his squad, similar to Zidane. We’ve seen what that can do! Week in, week out, we endure shit football, but at least the squad is fighting for his vision. Both qualities would be ideal (tactical superiority + respect), but who?

Beyond that, Xavi is hardly criticized by Catalan media, despite producing shit football bar a few exceptions. FC Barcelona is a special club, in that it doesn’t merely expect results, but also beautiful football and a connection to Catalan heritage.

:lol:

Yes, but this has its limits.
He has been given scandalous leeway, more than any other coach in recent times.

I think any of the above mentioned coaches, after the first 5-6 months, when everyone will see the team playing good football after many years, will give them the respect they deserve.
Respect is won many times. Xavi earned it without deserving it

delancey

Yes, but this has its limits.
He has been given scandalous leeway, more than any other coach in recent times.

I think any of the above mentioned coaches, after the first 5-6 months, when everyone will see the team playing good football after many years, will give them the respect they deserve.
Respect is won many times. Xavi earned it without deserving it
I mean, I agree fully! Tactically, Xavi is way below what one should expect at this level. He would truly benefit from an assistant managerial role at City or Arsenal, but pride is getting in the way. Xavi has a winning mentality, but lacks in the tactical department, unfortunately. Imagine what he could do if he had the tactical astuteness of Guardiola or Arteta?

So who could his replacement be? Perhaps Argentina’s manager?

soul24rage

I mean, I agree fully! Tactically, Xavi is way below what one should expect at this level. He would truly benefit from an assistant managerial role at City or Arsenal, but pride is getting in the way. Xavi has a winning mentality, but lacks in the tactical department, unfortunately. Imagine what he could do if he had the tactical astuteness of Guardiola or Arteta?

Maybe after the 2026 WC (y)

Porque

I think the bigger problem with Xavi is that he doesn't have an assistant manager with superior tactical knowledge than him. A great leader hires those who know more than themselves for their blindspots, while Xavi hires those he trusts and support his ideas in his brother.

Well, admittedly I don't know too much of his brother, he may be a genius football brain but he certainly doesn't have previous pedigree showing it.

Koeman had Schreuder, Rijkaard had Ten Cate, Fergie had Queroz, Robson had a young Mourinho and even Pep went and got Lillo- a manager he rates as incredible but needs to be on a leash if he is first team coach.

These guys all have tactical astute but lack the personal qualities (bar an emerging Mourinho of course) to be successful first team managers themselves.

I think Xavi, thrust into the role without the experience like Arteta and others had, could have benefited immensely by having a superior assistant.

Iniesta Ultra

You're implying Xavi thinks there's anyone smarter than he is. Has he ever taken responsibility for horrorball past two years. All I've heard in pressers players need more intensity or slippery grass is a slippery slope.

And why would a control maniac who thinks knows best ask for help from any assistant. Only a control maniac would be shameless enough to pick his older brother to act as his younger brother in a professional setting.

Home of Barca Fans