Which manager would you choose for Barcelona today?

Which manager would you choose for Barcelona today?

• Xavi

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ten Hag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

• Roberto De Zerbi

• Ange Postecoglu

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mikel Arteta

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Arne Slot

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

If you were Laporta, which manager would you choose today? And why?

Does the team need a change or do you have confidence in Xavi?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Voted Arteta because he's doing a great job with not so great Arsenal. Showed he can build a team and spent some time with Barca as well so he knows the politics and would have necessary insight to navigate the social mess that is Spain/Barcelona.

iniestaGOAT

Voted Arteta because he's doing a great job with not so great Arsenal. Showed he can build a team and spent some time with Barca as well so he knows the politics and would have necessary insight to navigate the social mess that is Spain/Barcelona.

He does not have 700m to spend in 3 years over here.. just to win nothing.

I am picking:

PEP GUARDIOLA
XAVI HERNANDEZ
SERGIO BUSQUETS

In that order,

If not I am going for more proven option

LUIS ENRIQUE

Barca DNA is non negotiable in tihs day and age. We move.

Porque

Dutch managers usually settle well here.

Only name for me (barring Pep ofc) is Xabi.

Let's see how he performs in the league once they encounter their dip, but all the signs are there for him being a top manager.

There is Klopp too who would be my 2. I just wonder if he has the time or temperament for all the Barcelona bullshit and Catalanism of the local media.

Birdy

Arteta is the obvious option given his work at the top top level.
But he is not leaving, in the middle of his project right before it exlpodes after so much support from the Arsenal board.

Same for Ten Haag, who is not leaving anytime soon, unless UTD changes ownership and hires a new board with different ideas.

Same for Postecoglu, who just got hired, he is doing great, and even blind people have seen what change in football good coach recruitment can do.

Inzaghi is the best Italian coach together with De Zerbi right now in Europe. But I think his style won't fit our traditional values.

Realistically the current options are the ones NOT coaching a top club and project now, or the unemployed.
These are: Di Zerbi, Slot, Nagelsman. Of course, there are others not in the list, like Gallardo, who have shown great tactical ingenuity.

IMO, come summer (when Xavi's continuity will be unbearable due to lack of progress and player development) Laporta should sit his ass down and hand this over to the right professionals with the right knowledge in strategic recruitment (not his buddies like Deco) to decide which of the three we should go for. The decision is not easy and should be based on micro-analysis of the tactical identity of each compared to the strategic vision of how our team shall play

IMO, I would go for them in this order:
Slot
De Zerbi
Nagelsman

Givenchy

I think we need proven over hipster choice/unknown. Pep would obviously be the best but don't think it's realistic he returns any time soon. Arteta in the future but again, he isn't leaving the Arsenal project.

Before would of said ten Hag but he's arguably as bad as Xavi, he's been totally exposed at United and would likely bloat the club with his mediocre ex-player recruitment strategy. Ange and Zerbi are the latest hype we shall see how they progress.

No idea who we could get realistically.

FC B

I wouldn't sack Xavi mid season unless the team collapses but I'd certainly do so at the end of the season even if he wins another LL trophy.

I'd appoint Pep or Klopp. Realistically and from the above list I'd go for Inzaghi, Arteta, Naglesmann.

Home of Barca Fans