Victor Osimhen

fergus90

Lukaku’s first touch is way worse than Osimhen. In fact his goal today I’ve never seen Lukaku do anything remotely similar.

JamDav1982

Napoli said they couldnt turn down 100m for him last summer.

Assume if they are putting that figure out there it would have been negotiating starting point and came down.

Lets assume it was 100m and Lewa was 50m.

Salaries.. I would wager Lewa would ask for more due to immediate impact.

So 100m for Oshimen on say a five year contract is 3m odd more on books for fee and probably made up in salary.

Even this summer if he was willing to take less salary than Lewa could be close to what paying for both on books.

serghei

If things were so simple as JamDav makes them...

Meanwhile, in the real world, it seems we have to save quite a huge sum in wages to be able to sign players like a normal top team.

In the real world, we're looking at free transfers such as Ruben Neves.

JamDav1982

If things were so simple as JamDav makes them...

Meanwhile, in the real world, it seems we have to save quite a huge sum in wages to be able to sign players like a normal top team.

It is that simple when comparing cost on books.

Dont sulk if you are clueless as to how it works.

Osimhen will never come this summer clearly.. they chose what to spend their available money on last summer.

serghei

But Lewandowski is the league leading goal scorer lol. So quite clearly a transfer that made sense.

Who's stopping us to go for Osimhen in the summer?

I know who. La Liga fair play rules. That's what it's all about, we can't do what we want to do and have to deal with it the way we can.

JamDav1982

But Lewandowski is the league leading goal scorer lol. So quite clearly a transfer that made sense.

Nah not that clear cut.

Cant count out any other younger player being more beneficial long term and still performing this.

Lewa clealry makes side better than without him though.

He was also brought in to impact CL..and didnt. Maybe he can make up for it in EL as lost a lot of money on that CL exit.

serghei

Nah not that clear cut.

Cant count out any other younger player being more beneficial long term and still performing this.

As said above. Sign him in the summer.

We win the league this year, and sign Osimhen in the summer as Lewandowski is getting too old. Win - win.

jamrock

100m on oshimen, means no Kounde, as the money had to come from somewhere, as we had a limited amount of money to spend last summer.

No withstanding the plenty of money BS.

Again the moment someone explained to Jamdav that 1+1/2=0, he thinks he has the entire transfer game figured out lol.

amortisation cost are one aspect of transfers, clubs come out & say multiple times how much actual money they intend to spend on transfer almost every summer & that number changes with transfers in & out of the club.

Basic math helps you to figure out how much tip you'll get for your service at the restaurant, not much else.

Chelsea can amortize all they want because they have the actually money to pay for those transfers, amortisation cost, Is mainly for accounting purposes.

JamDav1982

Nope.

Jamrock still doesnt understand how the finances work.

Try again.

Cost of books for Oshimen would most likely have been less than paying for Lewa.

That is issue Barca had with salary cap.

Stop trying to discuss things you dont understand.

Last summer arrogantly claiming Lewa would be 16m on books.. Jamrock not a clue and still doesnt.

serghei

The club got most transfers pretty well last summer. The big disappointment is that fucking Torres panic signing in the winter prior to last summer.

And Raphinha pending, although I believe we can sell him for a minimum loss at worst.

But Kounde, Christensen, Lewandowski are some of our best starters. That's 3 in just one summer. That's pretty good for anyone but the most absurd and delusional fans.

The problem is the club can't go at it again next summer. What we did last summer has to happen this summer as well. Another 150m in terms of signings to make the extra step. Doubt United, Chelsea, Madrid, and the other clubs we're fighting with in the league and in Europe will be looking at free agents. They will be spending top money again, just like last summer.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The club got most transfers pretty well last summer. The big disappointment is that fucking Torres panic signing in the winter prior to last summer.

And Raphinha pending.

But Kounde, Christensen, Lewandowski are some of our best starters. That's 3 in just one summer. That's pretty good.

Lewa is decent but short term. Hell of a lot of money for a 34 year old out of contract in a year. Bayern probably delighted with that one.

Raphinha they dont play to suit and back up to Demebele. Decent value on what he had shown.

Christensen great signing. Always was.

None of it relevant to disucssion of what likes of Oshimen rather than Lewa would have cost though.

mc_lovin

Nope.

Jamrock still doesnt understand how the finances work.

Try again.

Cost of books for Oshimen would most likely have been less than paying for Lewa.

That is issue Barca had with salary cap.

Stop trying to discuss things you dont understand.

Last summer arrogantly claiming Lewa would be 16m on books.. Jamrock not a clue and still doesnt.

There's a difference between cost on books (=amortization) and actually paying the cash. Noone here can say for sure if we had the money (I am leaning yes).

But then again I would take Lewy 10 out of 10 times at similar yearly cost. And I am not even a big fan.

serghei

Lewa is decent but short term. Hell of a lot of money for a 34 year old out of contract in a year. Bayern probably delighted with that one.

Raphinha they dont play to suit and back up to Demebele. Decent value on what he had shown.

Christensen great signing. Always was.

None of it relevant to disucssion of what likes of Oshimen rather than Lewa would have cost though.

Short term is important. Club can't afford to go at it like Arsenal, swimming in mediocrity for 6-8 years until they get ready to fight for big titles again. You have 1 trophyless season at Barca, and everyone loses their marbles.

Bottom line you have to spend big. Not just one summer, but several in a row. Like other clubs are doing.

JamDav1982

There's a difference between cost on books (=amortization) and actually paying the cash. Noone here can say for sure if we had the money (I am leaning yes).

But then again I would take Lewy 10 out of 10 times at similar yearly cost. And I am not even a big fan.

The issue with Barca was cost on books and not the cash.

These transfers are almost always paid in installments per year anyway and nothing to suggest Lewa would have cost less in cash per season and then have to factor in his replacement after that which would not need if younger striker was a succcess.

Home of Barca Fans