UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLord

Of course Sevilla would like CL more and do not choose to go out of the competition. But when they are in the EL they know that they are able to win the competition and give 100% to come as far as possible.

All teams from the major leagues sometimes rest key players for EL games (especially if they are facing a club from the lesser leagues) but everyone tries to win regardless.

The PL fans have been deploying the "we are losing in Europe because we are too good for it" excuse for too long now. I think it's quite a pathetic excuse.

JamDav1982

All teams from the major leagues sometimes rest key players for EL games (especially if they are facing a club from the lesser leagues) but everyone tries to win regardless.

The PL fans have been deploying the "we are losing in Europe because we are too good for it" excuse for too long now. I think it's quite a pathetic excuse.

What is the excuse for French German and Italian teams who have never won it and barely been to finals.

Chelsea was last non Spanish team to win it.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Aduriz's goal vs Marseille

[gfy]FearfulFatalAltiplanochinchillamouse[/gfy]

Alternative angles

[gfy]MealyShinyKite[/gfy]

Last edited:

StarLord

What is the excuse for French German and Italian teams who have never even been to Europa final?

Chelsea was last non Spanish team to win it.

That's precisely my point. There are no excuses. We all know that the CL is the better competition, but even so, teams always try to win the EL. Even a filthy rich club like Chelsea did their best to win the "Mickey Mouse" EL, even though they were defending CL champions at the time.

My point is that the EL cannot simply be discounted at a whim.

Catalan Fan

It usually is the truth and they dont really care all to much for the Europa League. Man Utd I think will apporach it differently this time and be desperate to win it.

van Gaal said as much before the game, that he is going to prioritise this over the FA Cup and that their aim is to win it, to get in CL next season.

Good luck with that though.Some decent teams in the Europa this yr.

JamDav1982

That's precisely my point. There are no excuses. We all know that the CL is the better competition, but even so, teams always try to win the EL. Even a filthy rich club like Chelsea did their best to win the "Mickey Mouse" EL, even though they were defending CL champions at the time.

My point is that the EL cannot simply be discounted at a whim.

So the attitude of not putting much focus on the Europa League is not just English football it is pretty much European wide. Even Sevilla put less focus on it and have been the most successful side in it.

English teams are no better or worse and not unique. Majority of big sides dont care about Europa or at best it is an after thought to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans