UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKS-

first goal will make this game

Indeed, if Die Wölfe score first its probably curtains for RM ; on the other hand, its game-on if RM find a goal first.

------

Though, I think its worth mentioning that even if RM find a goal first, it will hardly be a cake walk past that. In the Bundesliga this season, even though Wolfsburg sit in 8th, they really aren't the typical mid-table side. In games vs Dortmund, Bayern and even in their 3-0 loss to Leverkusen, they still managed to create chances and pose a threat. Considering they are playing a rather shaky RM backline, I think the return leg will be a lot more difficult for RM than some people may think. A good La Liga comparison to Wolfsburg this year is probably Sevilla or an attacking version of Malaga; should be a good match at the Bernabéu next week.

Regarding City/PSG, just wow, a mistake ridden game. Even though some credit should be given to City for going to Paris and getting a scored draw, I thought they were rather poor and left themselves open on multiple occasions. PSG on the other hand, even though they controlled the pace of the match, they never really took the game to City; atleast not in the way I expected. Anyway, the return leg becomes a little tricky for PSG as City now have 2 away goals. If both teams play to their best, PSG will win, but if the game tonight is any indication of what will happen in the next one, then its completely open.

Last edited:

kilian

After all the shit they`ve been saying after the clasico and all the shit about uefalona after our CL game it was really pleasing to see madridistas losing like that and of course with the help of referee in the situation with Marcelo. One of their best players didn`t get a deserved red and he can play next week. They`re really the last club on this planet that should talk about refereeing.

ManusXavi

Indeed, if Die Wölfe score first its probably curtains for RM ; on the other hand, its game-on if RM find a goal first.

------

Though, I think its worth mentioning that even if RM find a goal first, it will hardly be a cake walk past that.
Real Madrid are not going to advance. Put yourself in the mindset of Real Madrid during and before the game. I'll put it in a quote from Zidanes perspective or a Real Madrid players perspective

~We have to score 2 goals. We are un-relaxed. Being un-relaxed is making us un-confident. This is making our job of winning 2-0 or 3-0 very difficult. It matters if we concede a goal in our struggle to win 3-0 in 120 mins because that now means we need 4 goals. We need a 4th goal now and Wolfsberg are displaying high levels of good sport psychological feelings which is helping them play to the best of their ability ~

In short > It is more than just Real Madrid scoring the first goal. Scoring first in my opinion accounts for much less than what your opinion is. Wolfsberg are going to the Semi-finals.

El Flaco

Real Madrids fullbacks were way up the pitch.
Neither Bale, Benz or Cristiano gave a fuck about providing a defensive cover.

tVknLi9.png

barcafan161

City and Wolfsburg in the semis...imagine if they pull it off? Would be crazy. Hope it happens

That said De Bruyne back man city are a far better team...he's Class.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I looked at whoscored and Danilo was almost the most forward player and there was a huge space between him and other players.

mazp

Man, if it ends up City, Wolfsburg, and if we're lucky Benfica, it would be so disappointing not to go thru.. That CL would be there for the taking..ugh

bismp

No way Benfica goes through IMO.Wolfsburg has a chance though.However,it is far from certain we will qualify too.

Kikan

Someone wrote this and it sums up Madrid this year .

This Real is like a tango: today a promise, tomorrow a betrayal."

NotInHere

RM is full of surprises man, they play their hearts out against us but they shit the bed in arguably the most important tournament in the world.. It's like they went and played Wolfsburg with self entitlement knowing they had beaten the almighty Barca, and if you think about it barca is so in there minds and its lovely. Unfortunately for them they had to comeback to earth after the defeat and realize that the horrible form they've been going all year wasn't just gonna disappear after the win against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans