UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stage is perfect for an unexpected CL winner. Madrid's 90 minutes from elimination, we're in a huge slump and Bayern haven't been lighting up the world lately either.

My money's on Atleti if they get past us.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Would be hilarious if both Wolfsburg and Benfica advance to the semifinals followed by drawing each other while we play City. Imagine that CL final.

serghei

Come on, Wolfsburg and Benfica can't go all the way vs Real and Bayern. Real can put 4 past Wolfsburg at home, and it's almost impossible for Bayern not to score on Da Luz, in which case Benfica would need 3 to go through.

Bayern is through almost certainly imho (the advantage of drawing the weakest team left in the comp.), and Real has pretty good chances too I reckon.

Last edited:

serghei

Well, it will be hard, but definitely not impossible. Wolfsburg is just one early goal away from the semis. Benfica is playing at home.

Wolfsburg would have to score 2 goals on Bernabeu to be relatively sure of going through. 4-1 for Madrid would not be such a surprise. That tie looks a lot like our Milan 0-2 to 4-0 turnaround. Let's hope Real goes home, but I doubt it.

Bayern is almost through. Of all the 8 teams left, they have the 2nd best result going into the 2nd leg (after Wolfsburg), and also play the weakest team in the competition (Wolfsburg is probably slightly better than Benfica).

Last edited:

FC B

Benfica can't go through. Wolfsburg can do that in certain conditions like scoring at least one more goal but probably, vs. 14 rm players it will be a very difficult task to accomplish...

El Flaco

Only us vs. Milan and Manchester United vs. Olympiakos back in 2014 are the only teams who were able to turnaround a 0-2 defeat in the 1st leg in CL-history.

I believe Wolfsburg are fully able to prevent Real Madrid from doing a remontada.
They can after all rely on defence and could cause harm with their deadly counter attacks.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Against Milan we played a perfect game with Messi stepping up big time, but even then we were saved by the post early on when Mascherano screwed up and werent save until Alba scored the fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans