UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Morten

Mou:
“It's a clear penalty on Diego Costa and once more I think it's a waste of time and money to have the officials on the side of the goal because normally they do nothing,”
“If he's there just to see if the ball crosses the line, the goal-line technology is obviously much better."

:lucho2:

Well he is right, it was a penalty imo, and goal-line technology takes care of the other part he mentioned.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I just saw that betting websites are now placing Barça 2nd favourite after Bayern, we were 4th, basically the outsiders amongst the favourites at the beginning of the season! :)

L

linetty

Mou:
“It's a clear penalty on Diego Costa and once more I think it's a waste of time and money to have the officials on the side of the goal because normally they do nothing,”
“If he's there just to see if the ball crosses the line, the goal-line technology is obviously much better."

:lucho2:
He's got a point but I wonder why Costa wasn't sent off this game!! The ref was a disgrace, Björn Kuipers, I don't want him to ref a Barca game...

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Went to bed before it finished last night after Chelsea scored. Am I right in reading that Chelsea are out? Hell yeah. This is looking good. Chelsea were the team I didn't want us to face. Still got to find a way around Bayern though.

L

linetty

Went to bed before it finished last night after Chelsea scored. Am I right in reading that Chelsea are out? Hell yeah. This is looking good. Chelsea were the team I didn't want us to face. Still got to find a way around Bayern though.
It's almost a certainity we get Bayern.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Would we stand a chance? Haven't seen much of Peps project but how well do we face up to them?

Hard to say, we should not let bayern control the game too much and we should be very effective on counters too. We have a fair chance of beating them, if we have our front 3 in from we have more than a fair chance.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Hard to say, we should not let bayern control the game too much and we should be very effective on counters too. We have a fair chance of beating them, if we have our front 3 in from we have more than a fair chance.

Thought so. People make Bayern out to be an invincible super team but I haven't seen anything all that special in the few games that I've seen.

EdmondDantes

I don't think it was a penalty, or any more of a penalty than the one Verratti claimed. Similar incidents to me. And he got a penalty courtesy of Thiago, so he shouldn't be complaining, and Chelsea could well have had 2 or 3 players sent off as well.

DrPepper

I would be much more pessimistic against Madrid or even Dortmund because of their insane quick counters.

A possible match up against Bayern won't be like 2013 because Heynckes isn't their manager anymore. This time Pep will dominate possession while we're sitting back and countering. It largely depends on how good we defend but they always leave space behind their defence.

Home of Barca Fans