Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Freixa (spokesman board): "We're working on the transfer of a centre back. Maybe in the end we sign someone, maybe not." [catalunya radio]

Oh boy :shakeshead:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
They really seem not taking it seriously...
I'd be surprised if they weren't, the concerns have been raised within the club as well as from critics outside.

We should be aiming to sign the best possible candidates. If we identify only 3 for example and they can't be obtained, I think it would be a negative to just sign any old center back.

Meitux

I'd be surprised if they weren't, the concerns have been raised within the club as well as from critics outside.

We should be aiming to sign the best possible candidates. If we identify only 3 for example and they can't be obtained, I think it would be a negative to just sign any old center back.
For me saying that means they are tottaly focused on Thiago Silva like Tito said and not looking any other options.This transfer is almost impossible to make it but still we will end up with noone

Arachnid

Barcastuff
Freixa (spokesman board): "We're working on the transfer of a centre back. Maybe in the end we sign someone, maybe not." [catalunya radio]

Oh boy :shakeshead:

Ec2TVI1.gif

AvocadoCake

The club don't want to pay for Silva, they're in a game of chicken with Tito, personally I'm happy that he's determined to get the best even if the club is less so. Way I see it is that Rosell doesn't want to pay for this transfer when Hummels might cost less, even if the manager doesn't believe he's a good fit (and I agree). Hopefully this game of chicken doesn't lead to a panic buy late in the transfer window (in which case Tito will rightly have serious questions around him), but if all goes well and we bring in Thiago Silva then Tito deserves plaudits.

SeloBarca

For me saying that means they are tottaly focused on Thiago Silva like Tito said and not looking any other options.This transfer is almost impossible to make it but still we will end up with noone

It will be like when we tried to buy Villa the first time. All the focus was on that, ignoring everything else. In the meanwhile all other options got bought up by other clubs.
And when the negotation broke down close to the transferwindow end, we had no options but to panic sign someone we had clearly no scouting of, and just a big name, for a price of Eto'o + 40m.

I see the first part happening again, we probably end up with noone, or an unproven card from some russian league.

We wouldn't be in this position if we had a good eye for players. It's easy to spend so much money on the big players, the hardest part is to spend money on potentially good players for your team. The only players Tito knows is the players barca have played against and that's about it. It's better not to buy any player than to spend it on another Song but with Pique on our side, we only really have bartra to lead our defense. More humiliations to come? Unless we park the bus, I believe so. Tito will have this mentality of " we have to attack "( even when we didn't need to like in copa del Rey against madrid last season). And then we'll leave spaces behind and since Pique is the one leading us, victor will s...it. His pants .

Meitux

It will be like when we tried to buy Villa the first time. All the focus was on that, ignoring everything else. In the meanwhile all other options got bought up by other clubs.
And when the negotation broke down close to the transferwindow end, we had no options but to panic sign someone we had clearly no scouting of, and just a big name, for a price of Eto'o + 40m.

I see the first part happening again, we probably end up with noone, or an unproven card from some russian league.
Yes, something like this is possible of happening.Meanwhile i heard we made an offer for David Luiz for 35 mil but Chelsea wants 40 and up.Life goes on..:p

Home of Barca Fans