Toni Kroos

El Gato

Villarato!
Yup easy, predictable news
Moving Jude out of the way of the incoming forward is most likely the way they'll go

serghei

I only hold 2 CMs above him. Xavi and Iniesta, and that only at their absolute peaks not the old versions. Great great player and smart man too. Instead of fishing for arab money he retires at the top of the top as a boss.

fergus90

Not this window
Next year maybe go for Kimmich if he's up for it, pretty sure he's out of contract, + Davies as a package
Not that he's getting any younger but few decent alternatives around
Depending how they do under a new manager
Kimmich would be a sensible choice. With legs around him he is a be a top distributor of the ball and has an excellent passing range. Maybe even Enzo without the over inflated transfer fee would also fit that mould.

But yeah think you're right about no immediate replacement, as I'd imagine Bellingham will drop back as Mbappe joins the front line for you.

companyofcules

I only hold 2 CMs above him. Xavi and Iniesta, and that only at their absolute peaks not the old versions. Great great player and smart man too. Instead of fishing for arab money he retires at the top of the top as a boss.
Hold your horses, he has time after some rest and family time

companyofcules

Just a regular german midfield with some technical capacity. Nothing special but nothing wrong either about him and that is a huge asset. Gavi can play like a star, then he collapses.

KingLeo10

The thing that separates Xavi and Iniesta is the sheer dominance at their peak. From 08 to 12, they won big KO trophies every summer.

08 - Euros
09 - CL
10- World Cup
11 - CL
12 - Euros

5 in 5 finals in 5 consecutive summers...crushing the opposition in style. I don't think there was ever a time in that stretch that the midfield battle for Barca/Spain was lost.

But due to the sheer volume of achievements and ability, Modric and Kroos are at the Xavi and Iniesta table...5 and possibly 6 CLs with most as the main midfield duo is very hard to argue against.

Blanco

The thing that separates Xavi and Iniesta is the sheer dominance at their peak. From 08 to 12, they won big KO trophies every summer.

08 - Euros
09 - CL
10- World Cup
11 - CL
12 - Euros

5 in 5 finals in 5 consecutive summers...crushing the opposition in style. I don't think there was ever a time in that stretch that the midfield battle for Barca/Spain was lost.

But due to the sheer volume of achievements and ability, Modric and Kroos are at the Xavi and Iniesta table...5 and possibly 6 CLs with most as the main midfield duo is very hard to argue against.
Iniesta and Xavi dominated, but they did it with non other than the GOAT DM Busquets behind them. Kroos and Modric made Casemiro a football legend. Thats the difference.

fergus90

I've always been in the silent minority that's rated Kroos higher than Modric in terms of his general impact . Controlling tempo, switching play, keeping the ball under pressure, progressing it etc.

Type of thing that people think is ordinary but is actually very difficult to do week in, week out. Then again I always preferred Xavi to Iniesta (despite loving the don) so perhaps it's just my personal preference in a midfielder.

El Gato

Villarato!
Remember the days we sent Sergio and Rene Ramos packing to Paris and told Casillas to live out his days in Porto?
Nice to see there are players who know when to call it a day and/or actively lower their demands just to remain

One thing that has dramatically flipped compared to Barca exits where not one amigo made it easy

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Always seemed humble and down to earth - and of course one of the best midfielders to play.

MagIX

The best way to ritire.
Absolutely key player for RM.
In 10 years at RM, 4 liga and 5CL!! 50%!! (like Modric). + 2 years at Bayern(1CL) in 12 years 6 CL! 50% exactly like Modric!
This duo has been the brain and soul of RM for many years.

Last edited:

Blanco

This match approves once more that Kroos did the dumbest retirement ever. He is probably in the best form in his career. I love him, but he is so strange. Next season when the bad times come to Madrid everybody should remember he just decided that our club will lose the best midfielder in the world without a single reason and on top of that we will not take a penny for losing him. Ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans