Tito stepped down as Barça's coach. New coach to be announced next week.

JamDav1982

Well it does beg the question, how much did Messi influence the appointment.

Depends what you mean.

Did he decide who the manager was? No chance.

Was the manager picked with many factors - one of them keeping Messi happy and knowing how to use him - I would say yes.

It makes sense for that to be a huge consideration but not a defining factor.

Hektor

Hi,

I'm Argentine, but a Barca fan first and foremost. I do not want anyone - absolutely no one - to take over the helm of my team that is no ready to do so. If he fails, we all fail. Martino is an excellent choice very well prepared. I know very well that Tata is not well known in Europe, but give him a chance.

Martino is a very nice person, very humble and modest. He never takes any credit for his successes, which are numerous and well documented. According to el Tata, his players deserve all the accolades and his players adore him. I'm very sure that all the ney sayers will come around after his first press conference.

Can he fail? Of course he can and I'll be the first one to speak out - Barca, first and foremost.

Hektor

flamenco

Hi,

I'm Argentine, but a Barca fan first and foremost. I do not want anyone - absolutely no one - to take over the helm of my team that is no ready to do so. If he fails, we all fail. Martino is an excellent choice very well prepared. I know very well that Tata is not well known in Europe, but give him a chance.

Martino is a very nice person, very humble and modest. He never takes any credit for his successes, which are numerous and well documented. According to el Tata, his players deserve all the accolades and his players adore him. I'm very sure that all the ney sayers will come around after his first press conference.

Can he fail? Of course he can and I'll be the first one to speak out - Barca, first and foremost.

Hektor

His name's resounding louder and louder in the media, so there's a big possibility that he's given that chance:tito:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
This face for smiley please

BPzLSQ4CIAAISZo.jpg

aaron101

i wonder, can tata replicate tito's tiki taka...

There was never a Tito's tiki-taka. We never played the "real tiki-taka" on Tito's season. The only time I saw a close to Pep's tiki-taka was when we beat Milan with 4-0. Our passing last season was too slow and no pressing.

Home of Barca Fans