Thibaut Courtois

Andresito

Staff member
So Tedesco chose Lukaku as captain v Austria with KDB injured. Courtois was supposed to be captain v Estonia. Instead, Courtois walked out blaming he hurt his knee, but Tedesco claimed it's not true.

"Together we decided that Romelu would be captain against Austria and Thibaut tomorrow against Estonia. That was OK for everyone but after the match he [Courtois] suddenly wanted to talk to me and said he was going home because he was disappointed and felt offended.

Tedesco has denied that Courtois departed due to an injury, adding: “I wish I could say it’s an injury but I can’t lie. I always try to protect players but that’s impossible in this situation. I tried to tell him to hold on for two more days.”

Temptation

Why clear? He’s on a long injury as well no?

Love alisson but courtois been keeping on lonely heights during stretches. Coming from barca supporter.
More consistent, well rounded, better with his feet and better 1 on 1 in general.

Courtois' reputation is based on that amazing CL run. When he's fit, he's a top 3 keeper itw though.

El Gato

Villarato!
Alisson is absolutely nowhere near peak of Courtois or his consistency since 2019. Absolute clownshow of a season last year

El Gato

Villarato!
Was back in training with Militao
Word was club were trying to get him back for 2nd leg vs City

Talk is of 6 to 8 weeks or up to 6 months. Injury similar to Guler's. And maybe Umtitis IIRC?

khaled_a_d

Was back in training with Militao
Word was club were trying to get him back for 2nd leg vs City

Talk is of 6 to 8 weeks or up to 6 months. Injury similar to Guler's. And maybe Umtitis IIRC?

It is his other leg from what I've read. Seems like rehab went wrong and put more load on the other leg.
Which is very common tbh

Home of Barca Fans