Thiago Silva

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Not really. He always plays narrow formations without wingers. The entire rm squad is built around wing play

i_bleed_blaugrana

Furthermore, for the type of system he likes to play, there isn't that much in the market for him to get players to fit into a narrow system. He is a big fan of the 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 and I don't think this suits Madrid's style.

To change their style to his liking would take a lot of new players, particularly in attack. You need mobility up front, something without Ronaldo, Madrid doesn't have. He should build the team around either Ozil or funny enough even Kaka. Could Ancelotti get the best out of the forgotten galactico?

For him to succeed, he will need at least two seasons to really get them going, something Perez doesn't have the patience for.

Until they figure out that that clown has caused that club more harm than good for literally the last decade, Madrid aren't going anywhere. If anything, the person they should consider letting coach them is Zidane, he found Varane and he has the vision and personality to push Madrid to greatness again.

Madrid need ingenuity and continuity. Ancelotti is a great coach but I just don't think Perez will stick with him long enough for him to get the best out of the team

Zidane is completely unproven as a manager. I am not sure he even has a license yet. It is one thing to be a truly great player and great job finding out Varane as well (although i've read somewhere he wasn't the first from RM to notice him) and another entirely to be a successful coach.

As for Ancelotti not fitting RM, well to me it is obvious that he will adapt to the team as much as we will make the team adapt to him, plus he tried to stick with his preferences with PSG and that didn't work out, then he became more malleable and things turned out great, so there's this experience as well

Also that's just me but I don't see Ronaldo going anywhere. Heck, I'd say PSG is most likely to sign him should he leave !

Finally i bleed blaugrana, what do you mean by RM helping barca with thiago silva?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane is completely unproven as a manager. I am not sure he even has a license yet. It is one thing to be a truly great player and great job finding out Varane as well (although i've read somewhere he wasn't the first from RM to notice him) and another entirely to be a successful coach.

As for Ancelotti not fitting RM, well to me it is obvious that he will adapt to the team as much as we will make the team adapt to him, plus he tried to stick with his preferences with PSG and that didn't work out, then he became more malleable and things turned out great, so there's this experience as well

Also that's just me but I don't see Ronaldo going anywhere. Heck, I'd say PSG is most likely to sign him should he leave !

Finally i bleed blaugrana, what do you mean by RM helping barca with thiago silva?

Silva stated that he hopes that Ancelotti stays, but now that it seems like he's off to Madrid, it may open up a chance for us to get him if he wants to leave.

I guess thats what he means.

right thx for the explanation
No stric Ancelotti is 90% going to madrid unless you have new info, Leo and Al-Khelaifi are just going to make it "by the rules"

Duke

Today's news says his request to leave was turned down, and he was in fact offered an extension.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/19/paris-st-germain-carlo-ancelotti-real-madrid

I would think the same thing will happen with Silva, the owners are filthy rich, they don't care about money, they want the best and Silva is the best CB. If we didn't get him last year when he was in Milan, I think it's more difficult now, lets just forget about him and get another CB

Never :(
I still think Ancelotti is leaving. He won the title, wants Madrid, had a few problems with stupid players and hated the pressure that the qataris put him under in december, they basically paved the way to firing him unless results picked up which they did ( still a stupid move from them )

edit': stric i think the article is older than date of publication, based on the beckham part

Last edited:
I'm more worried about a contract extension with higher wages for T.S. I'd put that on the table right away if I were PSG. md says barca wants to sign him in the next two weeks. That'd be smart

Duke

Leonardo -
"Neither Ibrahimovic, nor Thiago Silva will leave the club if Ancelotti moves on"

Silva's agent:
"There's zero chance that he [thiago silva] will leave this summer. PSG do not want to sell him. He's an important part of their project and he will stay put regardless of what will happen with Ancelotti."

lovebarca

Leonardo -
"Neither Ibrahimovic, nor Thiago Silva will leave the club if Ancelotti moves on"

Silva's agent:
"There's zero chance that he [thiago silva] will leave this summer. PSG do not want to sell him. He's an important part of their project and he will stay put regardless of what will happen with Ancelotti."

I know their owners dont need money but somewhere read that france tax structure is very very high for high earners becasue of that to balance books PSG owner wanted to sell both star players.
Leonardo & silva's agent statement may be to make more money out of buying club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Leonardo -

Silva's agent:

That's it, I hope Tito heeds the call and moves on to getting Hummels.

Home of Barca Fans