Thiago Alcantara

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thiago, de Jong, de Ligt and we'll be ready. If we could somehow add Eriksen to that list but we absolutely need a midfielder with the profile of Thiago firstly.

Raketa10

According to Marca Bayern have set 70 mil price tag on him. That’s way too much! I wouldn’t go over 50. I want him here and if he wasn't so injury prone I would easily give 70 mil without a doubt but with his medical record 70 mil is way over the top.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Without his injuries he would probably be a 150M "there is no chance to get him" type of player for Bayern, so even 70M could be a steal in today's market. I mean we paid 30-40M for each of Arda, Gomes, Paulinho, Paco and the gamble Arthur so if we pass on Thiago for that fee i couldn't understand that. Assuming it is true in the first place of course.

If we manage to sell some more players we should make a minimum of 60-70M from sales this summer, depending on who leaves us that could even go up to 100+ and i don't see us buying another expensive attacker instead of Griezmann so money shouldn't be the main concern here. Either we trust him or not, 10M or 20M don't change that.

Obviously we can't just pay whatever other clubs want all the time but IMO world class signings is not the first thing we should look for to save money. Knowing us we would spend that 20M we just saved on some scrub we don't need the next week anyway and end up with 2 average players instead of one that makes us stronger.

Last edited:

Jombi

Even with Thiago, we still need De Jong and Arthur. Our midfield is aging, and its aging fast. With the truckload of money we need to spend to replace our other stars in the coming years, we need to be able to buy players who actually increase in value and become stars with us.

Alik

Even with Thiago, we still need De Jong and Arthur. Our midfield is aging, and its aging fast. With the truckload of money we need to spend to replace our other stars in the coming years, we need to be able to buy players who actually increase in value and become stars with us.

I think one midfielder will come this summer with Arthur in the winter. I think that we need 2 to come now in summer, but it almost entirely depends on how what system Valverde plans to use next season.

ronniecro

in the end we'll probably reject the idea of bringing him and turn to usual suspects such as parejo,or maybe even oscar...

vlad

Have a feeling barca are getting desperate in search of "next xavi, iniesta" some of the fans also, if thiago is truly WC player, bayern wouldnt let him go, they let kroos because he demanded more money. Then his injuries, are you willing to throw 60+m for a player which could miss out key parts of season?

And some fans expectations from that arthur is another story, guy could easily turned to midfield mina.

Rakitic isnt CM for barca, but he still provide some strenght in that weak team, every top psychical team eats barca, was the same with best midfield ever (chelsea, inter), so lets take rakitic out and put thiago in who cant manage to play full season.

La liga wouldnt be a problem, but CL trophy would still be far away

Last edited:

Raketa10

Agree on that.

Home of Barca Fans