Thiago Alcantara

Devils

I don't have doubts that he would be open to joining us, but I have severe doubts that Bayern would be open to selling him.

They seem to have some pretty big issues with key players at the moment: Lewa, Boateng, Alaba...I'm not sure they are going to want more transfer drama than what they are already dealing with.

Saladin

I don't have doubts that he would be open to joining us, but I have severe doubts that Bayern would be open to selling him.

They seem to have some pretty big issues with key players at the moment: Lewa, Boateng, Alaba...I'm not sure they are going to want more transfer drama than what they are already dealing with.

Both Uli Hoeness and Lothar Matthäus recently stated that they dont have confidence in him going forward, and the club should sell him if a club came knocking.

FinBarcelonafan

Why would we have confidence in Thiago if they don't? Are we becoming second rate team accepting other teams rejects?

I think he would improve our team but that doesn't say much. Our midfield is a big mess overall.

We need World Class midfield, I'm not sure Thiago is that. Thiago would be okay for now, but not long-term option to me.

MTL_Barca

Why would we have confidence in Thiago if they don't? Are we becoming second rate team accepting other teams rejects?

I think he would improve our team but that doesn't say much. Our midfield is a big mess overall.

We need World Class midfield, I'm not sure Thiago is that. Thiago would be okay for now, but not long-term option to me.

They would just be dumb to let him go. Like they did with Kroos because they didn't want to pay him 1-2M more per season.

The people who are in charge at Bayern have a huge hard on for Box-to-Box midfielders and love their Javi Martinez in midfield. Also their next coach isn't really known for possession based 4-3-3 attacking football so that might play a role too.

So MAYBE they don't think they really need him because they can just play like James-Tolisso/Goretzka-Martinez. It's also not like they want to get rid of him on all costs, German papers report it like "if a good offer comes in they might think about it" and they say this for Boateng and Vidal too so who knows.

If we put in effort now we probably could sign him this summer although i don't believe in the 40M or so because that would just be way too good and financially Bayern isn't that stupid so we probably talk about more here.

Quality wise it doesn't really get any better than Thiago. Pjanic or Verratti aren't better than him imo and overall he could be the easiest to get out of all world class or near world class midfielders so IF we want to sign one and there is a chance we should go for it. If it wasn't for his injuries (not worse than Verratti btw who we wanted to sign last summer) and his slight inconsistency we would talk about an impossible to get or like 120M+ player.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently very reliable for Bayern - I wonder how much it would take to get him and if the club is even contemplating finding out

[tw]1002104135313915905[/tw]

MTL_Barca

That guy isn't exactly "very reliable", he pretty much presents himself as a bayern insider but usually just jumps on everything that's somewhat believable. I'm pretty sure he said Tuchel was done when everybody thought so, said they are close to Malcom just before Heynckes publicly announced they aren't interested at all etc. Sportbild as a whole is at best on Sport levels of reliability when it comes to these rumors.

Besides that it's pretty much what gets repeated by every source the last week or so, could mean it's true could also mean nothing but i don't think they would be 100% opposed to selling these players.

What we don't know tho is what a "good offer" means for Bayern and who they would sell first. I'd imagine they would get rid of Vidal first, Bernat is likely to leave since they didn't renew him (1 year left as things stand) and i'd assume for Thiago/Boateng a "lucrative offer" doesn't mean 30-40M but more like 60+.

It will also be interesting how they handle the whole Lewandowski thing, if he forces his way out they maybe change their minds on other big names so it doesn't look like summer sale.

Joan

They would just be dumb to let him go. Like they did with Kroos because they didn't want to pay him 1-2M more per season.

The people who are in charge at Bayern have a huge hard on for Box-to-Box midfielders and love their Javi Martinez in midfield. Also their next coach isn't really known for possession based 4-3-3 attacking football so that might play a role too.

Why would it be stupid? They decide to trust Kovač and Thiago's not exactly his type. I believe Niko would bring Rakitić if possible, for instance.

Doesn't mean Barca buys rejects but they prefer a style. Isn't it what we want?

MTL_Barca

Why would it be stupid? They decide to trust Kovač and Thiago's not exactly his type. I believe Niko would bring Rakitić if possible, for instance.

Doesn't mean Barca buys rejects but they prefer a style. Isn't it what we want?

Well call it personal bias but replacing a player like Thiago with a bunch of box-to-box players breaks my heart and kind of blaming him for the poor season finish (where they dominated Real with Thiago+James and lost due to poor finishing and silly mistakes) is pretty crazy imo.

Also i think trusting Kovac is the first mistake here :lol: and considering how his NT career ended i doubt he would like to work with Rakitic since iirc all the star players talked bad about him? Not sure on that one though, just remember Modric.

Bayern could probably get away with selling him but looking at the squad and the performances in the past it just would be odd to cut Thiago of all players. But if there is a chance for us i'd gladly take him back. But i try not to get my hopes high on this one.

FinBarcelonafan

So MAYBE they don't think they really need him because they can just play like James-Tolisso/Goretzka-Martinez. It's also not like they want to get rid of him on all costs, German papers report it like "if a good offer comes in they might think about it" and they say this for Boateng and Vidal too so who knows.

If we put in effort now we probably could sign him this summer although i don't believe in the 40M or so because that would just be way too good and financially Bayern isn't that stupid so we probably talk about more here.

Quality wise it doesn't really get any better than Thiago. Pjanic or Verratti aren't better than him imo and overall he could be the easiest to get out of all world class or near world class midfielders so IF we want to sign one and there is a chance we should go for it. If it wasn't for his injuries (not worse than Verratti btw who we wanted to sign last summer) and his slight inconsistency we would talk about an impossible to get or like 120M+ player.

When you put it like that, Thiago makes a lot of sense and how many World Class midfielders are available? Zero most likely, so Thiago must be top if the list who could be available.

I guess it makes sense.

Just in case for Thiago, I think we would need good backup for him. His injury history does concern me. He can't play every game, like Rakitic.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Juventus don’t have that much money and will need to replace old players soon

Their owners since 1923, The Agnelli family, are among the richest people in Europe.

While they won't spend a shitload of money on their club like other billionaire owners do out of principle, they don't really need to sell anyone to replace anyone either.

They only sell players that want to leave. They operate very similarly to Bayern.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans