Thiago Alcantara

BarcaGirl

Acording to JudPep, Thiago wasn't going to play b.c of Neymar. What a lame excuse lol
And this mercenary better leave as soon as possible. Do you really think Thiago would leave if barca was the best team in the world still? Players like Bartra and Sergio Roberto have more than demonstrated what a true commitment is all about.

There might be some truth to it. I've always got the vibe, that Thiago doesn't really care about Barca.

Jadentheman

I see it like this, ten years from now:

top 5 most talented brazilians in history:

1. pele
2. ronaldo
3. neymar
4. garrincha
5. ronaldinho

For me it is:

1. Ronaldinho will forever always be
2. Neymar
3.Garrincha
4. Pele
5. Thiago
6.Ronaldo

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So it would be better if all they all went abroad instead, and bundesliga losing their stars? Its not like bayern is the only club interested in class players from germany. bundesliga is the best run league in the world, but the clubs cant compete with foreign clubs owned by billionaire crooks who need to launder their money.

How is the fact that Bayern is grabbing all the best talents in Bundesliga making Buli more competitive and attractive? If anything, it is making Buli less competitive and only making one team, Bayern more attractive. Future talents, domestic or foreign would either want to play for Bayern or go abroad.

zanela

I'd be curious to know if Bayern have agreed to the written clause (min exit clause dependant on pitch time) he had with us, and one he was allegedly negotiating with ManU, or Pep's sweet-talking was all that was required. Because if its the latter, Thiago could come to regret this decision. Verbal guarantees these days mean nothing. Its quite clear Pep is acting in his own interest, without much regard to Thiago's long term future. Pep wants to eliminate any complacency that could creep in at the back of a treble-winning season, by injecting more competition, and hunger in to the squad. Thiago, however, will still 've to earn his mins, and be on his A-game from the get-go. His nonchalance, and lapses will certainly not go too well with the partisan German media, and fans, considering there is zero margin for error in a treble winning team, and that his presence alone would be compromising the future of a local talent. And we know pep is a hard-task master, and whilst he can give you assurances, he's ruthless at disciplining the player if his expectations are not met, and for him the the name of the player is impertinent (including his own transfers).
Thiago still needs to mature his game, and current Bayern is not conducive. He needs freedom to play through his errors and a forgiving ambience. United would 've been better, outside Barca. Thiago's decision seems more an emotional than rational. Pep won't stay long at Bayern, and neither will Thiago imho. And i wont be surprised if he'd be seeking a new club in 2 years time. Lack of stability can ruin a player's career.

Birdy

That was a rumour from a trashy newspaper. Don't act like you were there, because you weren't and you cannot possibly know what happened. Please find us quote that justifies your opinion. But something credible this time if you can...

It wasnt a rumour from a trashy newspaper. It was a rumour from every possible source last week - 10 days..
You act like being in disbelief.. Wake up and understand that Thiago wanted to leave..
The last 5-7 days, every day we read that Thiago is one step closer to UTD.. Then Guardiola called him to tell him not to leave Barcelona, but to abandon UTD and join him at Bayern..

xxxxxx

You dont know that. Pep promised him more than Tito. He will reshuffle Bayern next season, wait and see.. How Thiago will end we dont know.
But he was not happy with Tito's explanations. He wanted to leave. FACT!

His reason for leaving for more playing time is an excuse, because he still played 36 games last season, despite having a few injuries.

So Pep's going to start messing the whole squad about just benefit Thiago? Thiago will be really good player trying to fight his way into a world class midfield. Does that sound familiar?

xxxxxx

Graham Hunter is saying that Pep called Thiago personally and could have guaranteed him a spot in Bayern's Starting XI.

Uno-de-los-posibles-esquemas-d_54377434087_51356729138_352_256.jpg

Pep is going to try to fix something that isn't broke. I hope Pep falls flat on his face in Bayern and isn't welcomed back home when he does so.

Graham Hunter is an idiot. There's no way he can promise a starting role with their team, just like Tito can't promise it at Barcelona.

JonM

Are you joking man? Browse over this thread some pages before to see the whole story..
And do you need a direct quote from Tito saying 'Thiago will be a sub', which never happens (communication policy for all the clubs in the world) to understand the obvious? -> That if manager-player meet and then the player says he wants to leave, its fucking evident that he didnt get what he wanted (which in our case is playing time)

You mean those fake meetings and conversations that MD and Sport usually create out of thin air?

Thiago is obviously exploring all options right now, but he has never publicly said that he wants to leave or that he's unhappy. Those "the player is reportedly unhappy with his playing time at Barcelona" don't count.

AvocadoCake

Graham Hunter is saying that Pep called Thiago personally and could have guaranteed him a spot in Bayern's Starting XI.

Uno-de-los-posibles-esquemas-d_54377434087_51356729138_352_256.jpg

Pep is going to try to fix something that isn't broke. I hope Pep falls flat on his face in Bayern and isn't welcomed back home when he does so.

Not enough mid fielders.

1e5aeb0fe8cc298c77d49f144e68fd35.png

Alaba used to be a CM, so it's fine.

Jadentheman

I'd be curious to know if Bayern have agreed to the written clause (min exit clause dependant on pitch time) he had with us, and one he was allegedly negotiating with ManU, or Pep's sweet-talking was all that was required. Because if its the latter, Thiago could come to regret this decision. Verbal guarantees these days mean nothing. Its quite clear Pep is acting in his own interest, without much regard to Thiago's long term future. Pep wants to eliminate any complacency that could creep in at the back of a treble-winning season, by injecting more competition, and hunger in to the squad. Thiago, however, will still 've to earn his mins, and be on his A-game from the get-go. His nonchalance, and lapses will certainly not go too well with the partisan German media, and fans, considering there is zero margin for error in a treble winning team, and that his presence alone would be compromising the future of a local talent. And we know pep is a hard-task master, and whilst he can give you assurances, he's ruthless at disciplining the player if his expectations are not met, and for him the the name of the player is impertinent (including his own transfers).
Thiago still needs to mature his game, and current Bayern is not conducive. He needs freedom to play through his errors and a forgiving ambience. United would 've been better, outside Barca. Thiago's decision seems more an emotional than rational. Pep won't stay long at Bayern, and neither will Thiago imho. And i wont be surprised if he'd be seeking a new club in 2 years time. Lack of stability can ruin a player's career.

I would hope for United too, but what will happens. Barca will lose someone great,but I hope there will be no back home movements like Cesc and Peps reina

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Birdy

@XXXXXX

I agree he didnt deserve more palying time, but here we are discussing something else: WhAT THIAGO and his father (not me or you) thought. And they thought he could play much more games..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really doubt that it's Pep's responsibility to care about the fan's feelings with every decision he makes. It's his business with the clubs and the player, fans should be grateful that they are in on it at all, let alone have the nerve to accuse Pep for not being respectful to the fans or being disloyal.

Don, why should we be grateful?

There might be some truth to it. I've always got the vibe, that Thiago doesn't really care about Barca.

Of course there is truth. It was Thiago himself who claimed " my dream is to triumph in football, not in barca."

I know most ppl dont give a s.it about it but in many places, loyalty is valued more than anything else.
Thiago believes he will be the next big thing after Ronaldinho. He's probably even jealous that in less than a month Neymar has given Cules more hope and excitement than he ever did. Let the mercenary go, hopefully if he ever comes back to play agaist us I'd be there to boo his a.s.

Birdy

You mean those fake meetings and conversations that MD and Sport usually create out of thin air?

Thiago is obviously exploring all options right now, but he has never publicly said that he wants to leave or that he's unhappy. Those "the player is reportedly unhappy with his playing time at Barcelona" don't count.

Please start learning about communication code in football..
No one goes out publicly to say 'i am unhappy' , unless he has other purposes (see Suarez, Ronaldo e.t.c.)

Conversation btw coach and player stays behind closed doors and is not quoted in the press, you learn the general outcome from leaks in order to protect both sides.. IDK how old are you, but Has been happening for years..

Home of Barca Fans