The Dutch Eredivisie

poltergeist

Bojan started the Ajax game and played about 70'. He played on the right of attack and didn't do badly. He should have had penalty

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Twente lose the first points after a 0-0 againt RKC Waalwijk, PSV narrowly win 3-2 away at ADO Den Haag, but were leading 3-0 after 30 minutes. Curious how Feyenoord will do this season, first up tomorrow against PEC Zwolle.

Trickykid

AZ equalizes against Ajax, making it 1-1 at the break. Ajax hasn't been good, and Vermeer especially is looking awful.

Galning

They are playing really poorly. Vermeer subbed off at halftime :VdB:
Great assist from Bojan 1-2 De Jong.
2-2 undeserved (imo) penalty & red card for Ajax.

Trickykid

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that Vermeer had been subbed off until the penalty. And yeah, the penalty and red card looked fairly dubious indeed. Ajax has looked so much better in the second half - up until the penalty of course.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
In the end one of the analysts showed it was a good decision because of a shirt pull by Van Rhijn, you can see by the way he walkes away he knows it was a good decision. But in the end Ajax was indeed better, apart from the last 25 minutes or so. Great assist by Martens for the 3-2, which was kicked in perfectly.

Wasn't expecting Feyenoord and Ajax both to lose, will be an extra spicy Klassieker next week!

Gilberto

I knew Ajax were going to have a difficult time playing AZ again, because they already played against each other a few weeks ago for a cup. I honestly thought PSV were underdogs for the league title but things will probably turn out different. Psv will probably become champions shortly followed by Ajax and Feyenoord.

raskolnikov

You cant base that on one game, Ajax always struggle against Az, Ado and especially Utrecht because all these clubs care about is beating them, thats the highlight of their year.
Seriously, I have seen Utrecht lose 0-3 at home against Psv and look weak as hell to play like Real against Ajax a week later with a crowd support that would make Turkish clubs jeleous.
In the end it will be between Ajax and Psv, season is long though.

BarcAjax

On the board Ajax formation 4 - 3 - 3 but when you look at the pitch, Ajax seems to play like 4 - 1 - 4 - 1. Four backs, in front of them Poulsen and the 4 midfielders and Sigthorsson. It is true, isn't it ?
I don't like the 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 formation.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
On the board Ajax formation 4 - 3 - 3 but when you look at the pitch, Ajax seems to play like 4 - 1 - 4 - 1. Four backs, in front of them Poulsen and the 4 midfielders and Sigthorsson. It is true, isn't it ?
I don't like the 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 formation.

It has to do with the wingers not being wingers at all. Especially at RW they still have problems, with Bojan being a striker put at RW. Fischer has loads of potential, but needs to vary his actions. I still think they will be crowned champions again, way too good of a squad compared to the rest of the league.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Wow, PSV beat Ajax 4-0 today! MotM: two-way tie between Bruma and Schaars, although Willems was also very solid. Midfield was going great and the central defenders were very good :) Wasn't expecting PSV to win tbh, so this makes for a great weekend for me :hooray:

BarcAjax

PSV played so defensive and counter attack football. Ajax played passing football but i didn't understand how the score came 4 - 0 in 15 minutes. It is so interesting. Ajax need the good striker and good wings. They are slogging to find the goal. I like the Ajax passing organisation but they must play much quicker.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
PSV played so defensive and counter attack football. Ajax played passing football but i didn't understand how the score came 4 - 0 in 15 minutes. It is so interesting. Ajax need the good striker and good wings. They are slogging to find the goal. I like the Ajax passing organisation but they must play much quicker.

Playing defensively in this game did not mean parking the bus, they just played compact and had absolute control over the midfield. A lot of personal errors leading up to the goals, especially the 1-0 and 4-0 were errors by players from Ajax. Besides that, Ajax only really played well during the last 20-25 minutes of the first half. The first 15-20 minutes PSV was all over Ajax, and the second half was PSV capitalizing on mistakes by Ajax. PSV absolutely deserved the win, but they have to realize that if Ajax got the 0-1, it might have played out very differently

As to Ajax: I just don't know why they got Bojan. He isn't a winger and they are in desperate need of a real RW to serve Sigthorsson with assists. Fischer isn't a real LW and constantly comes inside, which isn't really helping the striker out. With these players on the wings I'd play Hoesen over Sightorsson, although as a real 9 I do like the latter more.

Home of Barca Fans