• Ibrahimovich

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Cavani

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Van Persie

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Theconomist

I've been recently following Cavani more to try and compare him with Ibra,Van Persie and Falcao and try to find a consensus and it's really really difficult.
Ibrahimovich definitely has the edge in terms of game control and technique and dribbling.
Cavani is a lethal finisher and his positionning is incredible, mostly plays inside the box.
Falcao reminds me of Ronaldo9 the incredible ways he can find to shove the ball inside the net is stunning, his head is incredible.
Van Persie has an amazing way of finding the smallest of spaces to score from.

Who in your oppinion is the best (pure) striker in the world?

I haven't included Lewandowski because he's a tier bellow these strikers in my oppinion. I'd include him in the Suarez,Aguero, Jackson Martinez.... bracket and not these 4 future legends.

Andrew M

How is Lewandowski below any of them?

None of them have done anything in the Champions League. Guess who has?

Andrew M

I guess it's that he hasn't proven it several years in a row. We'll see next season.

Lewandowski:

2011-12 league = 22 goals in 34 games
2012-13 league = 23 goals in 27 games so far

2012-13 champs league = 10 goals in 11 games

He has proved as much any other striker.

The others have very modest champions league records. Falcao has not even been in it

Stric

What makes Zlatan "a pure striker"? He's not a #9. Anyway, I choose him over the others. He's a class apart, IMHO. But as far as pure strikers go, Falcao.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I knew someone would bring that up... he's been doing very well this season and the one before, but that's about it. He was admittedly young (21-22) then, but he used to be behind Barrios in the pecking order. He's been very impressive during these two seasons though so I guess he'll be mentioned in the same breath as the others soon (if he keeps it up).

(in response to Andrew M)

jamrock

Can't compare Ibra to the others he is on a different level
Lewandowski is the best he has a little pitch of everything

Andrew M

I knew someone would bring that up... he's been doing very well this season and the one before, but that's about it. He was admittedly young (21-22) then, but he used to be behind Barrios in the pecking order. He's been very impressive during these two seasons though so I guess he'll be mentioned in the same breath as the others soon (if he keeps it up).

(in response to Andrew M)

He definitely deserves to be in that echelon. 4 goals against Madrid in semi final? Would Ibra give you that?

Andrew M

Yeah, Ibra would give you four goals in a friendly against a shit England team.

That's the Ibra we all know.

Home of Barca Fans